XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Post by k4nm4n » 07 May 2008 18:57

Xymph wrote:But if you waited til today to upgrade to v0.97, you might as well have waited til v0.98, which will be out later this evening. :wink:
Yes, Xymph you're the best.I tried to use other versions of aseco but your is the best.Just I wish you'll create some day a version like Mistral (his version it doesn't work like your's, some commands are dead), with fancy Buttons and windows. :thumbsup: :3

corneb
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by corneb » 07 May 2008 19:35

[05/07,21:31:47] player enroc used chat command "/admin shutdown"
[PHP Warning] unpack(): Type V: not enough input, need 4, have 0 on line 543 in file /home/corne/xaseco_097/includes/GbxRemote.inc.php
[XASECO Fatal Error] Shutdown TMF server & XASECO! on line 3257
I got that when I used "/admin shutdown", the server and xaseco stopped though, but the error just doesn't look healthy.
(debian 4.0r3)
DutchTM.nl - The Dutch TrackMania Community!
Dedicated Server Tools

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 07 May 2008 19:38

Code: Select all

[XASECO Fatal Error] Shutdown TMF server & XASECO! on line 3253
i got same error but not the type V 1.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Qbert
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMO

Post by Qbert » 07 May 2008 19:46

0.98 gets :1010 in the dark! Cant wait :)

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by w1lla » 07 May 2008 20:00

corneb wrote:
[PHP Warning] unpack(): Type V: not enough input, need 4, have 0 on line 543 in file /home/corne/xaseco_097/includes/GbxRemote.inc.php
I got that when I used "/admin shutdown", the server and xaseco stopped though, but the error just doesn't look healthy.
(debian 4.0r3)
Hi i tested it and got the same error but if you try this on line 3253 of chat.admin.php.

trigger_error('Shutdown ' . $aseco->server->getGame('TMF') . ' server & XASECO!', E_USER_WARNING);code]

it will dissappear and xaseco and the server will shutdown.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 07 May 2008 21:20

sbone wrote:One question plz, one player has lost his number of wins...strange, i have no explication.
Only one player. Any Idea ?
Not a big problem, i had change his number of wins in db so pb is solved but i have no explication
and problem could be again ?
Hmm, this sounds vaguely familiar, maybe I saw that once last year on my TMN server, but I don't recall the details or whether I found the cause. Sorry, I have no idea right now, maybe if you ever notice it again, you can find clues in the log?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 07 May 2008 22:02

corneb wrote:
Well, the server is getting shut down, so that last PHP Warning doesn't really matter anymore, but it's not clean indeed.
It turns out the StopServer method will already fully shut down the TMF dedicated, while on TMN that also required it to be followed by the QuitGame method. On TMF, using QuitGame while the server is already closed obviously results in that GbxRemote warning. Fixed in the next release. Thanks for the heads-up.
w1lla wrote:Hi i tested it and got the same error but if you try this on line 3253 of chat.admin.php.

trigger_error('Shutdown ' . $aseco->server->getGame('TMF') . ' server & XASECO!', E_USER_WARNING);[code][/quote]
Putting 'TMF' into getGame() wouldn't make a difference, since that function doesn't use any parameters.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 07 May 2008 22:19

k4nm4n wrote:
Xymph wrote:But if you waited til today to upgrade to v0.97, you might as well have waited til v0.98, which will be out later this evening. :wink:
Yes, Xymph you're the best.I tried to use other versions of aseco but your is the best.Just I wish you'll create some day a version like Mistral (his version it doesn't work like your's, some commands are dead), with fancy Buttons and windows. :thumbsup: :3
Thanks. :D Yes, TMF-style windows and panels and such are planned for a future release, but I don't know when yet. I first wanted to support the additional TMF functionality better, and v0.98 will go a long way towards that.

Unfortunately I've run out of steam for today, and I also want to delay the release until the new dedicated is officially out, hopefully tomorrow, as that ForceSpectatorTarget fix allows me to enable another new /admin command that was actually already done in v0.96 but didn't work without that particular fix, so I hid it in the source and release notes. :wink:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by w1lla » 08 May 2008 07:55

Xymph wrote:
corneb wrote:
Well, the server is getting shut down, so that last PHP Warning doesn't really matter anymore, but it's not clean indeed.
It turns out the StopServer method will already fully shut down the TMF dedicated, while on TMN that also required it to be followed by the QuitGame method. On TMF, using QuitGame while the server is already closed obviously results in that GbxRemote warning. Fixed in the next release. Thanks for the heads-up.
w1lla wrote:Hi i tested it and got the same error but if you try this on line 3253 of chat.admin.php.

trigger_error('Shutdown ' . $aseco->server->getGame('TMF') . ' server & XASECO!', E_USER_WARNING);[code][/quote]
Putting 'TMF' into getGame() wouldn't make a difference, since that function doesn't use any parameters.[/quote]

well the TMF in getGame() made the difference to it so it never shows it again after E_USER_WARNING); so it now only shows TMF Server and Xaseco are closed.

so it did do the trick for me. But i got the error only in servermania.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 08 May 2008 12:38

Xymph wrote:It turns out the StopServer method will already fully shut down the TMF dedicated, while on TMN that also required it to be followed by the QuitGame method. On TMF, using QuitGame while the server is already closed obviously results in that GbxRemote warning. Fixed in the next release. Thanks for the heads-up.
The server will only close if AutoQuit is true (it is the default, but of course can be changed on the command line).

ninja_7
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMS,TMN

Post by ninja_7 » 08 May 2008 13:29

I have a problem trying to edit / change the words for the badwords list. I have edited the jfreu.config.php file found in the includes directory but this seems to make no difference. Am I editing the wrong file?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
UKFC»Ninja°
ImageThe Black Art Of Performance

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 May 2008 15:54

Assembler Maniac wrote:
Xymph wrote:It turns out the StopServer method will already fully shut down the TMF dedicated, while on TMN that also required it to be followed by the QuitGame method. On TMF, using QuitGame while the server is already closed obviously results in that GbxRemote warning. Fixed in the next release. Thanks for the heads-up.
The server will only close if AutoQuit is true (it is the default, but of course can be changed on the command line).
Ah, that makes sense. Ok, found a way to cleanly shut down in both cases.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 May 2008 16:01

ninja_7 wrote:I have a problem trying to edit / change the words for the badwords list. I have edited the jfreu.config.php file found in the includes directory but this seems to make no difference. Am I editing the wrong file?
Yes, $badwordslist in includes/jfreu.config.php is the place the edit, but you must also restart XAseco after changes. But also keep in mind that the words in the chat are modified before checking against that list, e.g. multiple characters are reduced to one in order to catch players that repeat characters in their curses to try and bypass the filter. :wink:

ninja_7
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMS,TMN

Post by ninja_7 » 09 May 2008 10:38

Xymph wrote:
ninja_7 wrote:I have a problem trying to edit / change the words for the badwords list. I have edited the jfreu.config.php file found in the includes directory but this seems to make no difference. Am I editing the wrong file?
Yes, $badwordslist in includes/jfreu.config.php is the place the edit, but you must also restart XAseco after changes. But also keep in mind that the words in the chat are modified before checking against that list, e.g. multiple characters are reduced to one in order to catch players that repeat characters in their curses to try and bypass the filter. :wink:
I have removed all the words in the badwords list then I have changed the list to english swear words, i restart xaseco, but some of my words do not register with the badwords filter and words that I removed still activate the badwords warning. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
Ninja°
ImageThe Black Art Of Performance

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 May 2008 16:41

ninja_7 wrote:
Xymph wrote:
I have removed all the words in the badwords list then I have changed the list to english swear words, i restart xaseco, but some of my words do not register with the badwords filter and words that I removed still activate the badwords warning. This makes no sense to me. Does anyone else have this problem?
I'm sorry, but the only explanation I can think for that effect is that you're editing the wrong version of the file, if you have two versions of XAseco installed.