/clans?

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

/clans?

Post by Yorkshire » 29 May 2008 08:12

Hi,

When I use the /clans command no clans actually show up (when there are people in clans on the server).

Is there something that needs to be done to get this command to work?

TIA,

Nick.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: /clans?

Post by Xymph » 29 May 2008 09:18

Yorkshire wrote:When I use the /clans command no clans actually show up (when there are people in clans on the server).

TMF doesn't have teams like in TMN, so /clans will indeed not work. I'll disable it on TMF, and /topclans too.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 29 May 2008 09:38

Xymph wrote:
Yorkshire wrote:When I use the /clans command no clans actually show up (when there are people in clans on the server).

TMF doesn't have teams like in TMN, so /clans will indeed not work. I'll disable it on TMF, and /topclans too.

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 29 May 2008 17:38

doesn't it work with the /team command? i thought the /clans gets it data from there :roll:
but it is useless though because f*ckfish said that the "save clanname to database" of his matchsave plugin doesn't work in tmf or is this fixed?

TripleT

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 May 2008 20:17

TripleT wrote:doesn't it work with the /team command? i thought the /clans gets it data from there :roll:
In TMN, team names are directly obtained from the master server and stored/updated in the database every time a player (re)connects. In turn, /clans gets the team names from the database, regardless of when/how they got there. In TMF team names are always empty, and are thus cleared in the database upon every player reconnect.
TripleT wrote:but it is useless though because f*ckfish said that the "save clanname to database" of his matchsave plugin doesn't work in tmf or is this fixed?
No, it appears I forgot to look into that. The thing is though that the matchsave plugin is not a standard plugin, it's not even listed (commented out) in plugins.xml by default. So while I can (and just did) update plugin.localdatabase.php to not overwrite the teamname field upon a player's reconnect, that doesn't guarantee /clans will start to magically produce meaningful output, because it requires the matchsave plugin to be enabled and each individual player to define his/her own team name usung the /team(name) command.

Meanwhile, I guess this means the /clans and /topclans commands have to remain enabled on TMF in case those conditions are met.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 30 May 2008 02:17

I just want to take this chance to say,
grrrrrr nadeo
and thanks xymph for making my grrr a little less.. nadeo owes ya one.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 30 May 2008 08:05

Does the auto team assign functionality still work in the latest XAseco releases. (XML structure to define team names and which logins are assigned to which team on server start).
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 30 May 2008 08:57

Just tested it, teamforce still works =) And thanks for the /team fix, Xymph^^
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 30 May 2008 13:04

f*ckfish wrote:Just tested it, teamforce still works =) And thanks for the /team fix, Xymph^^
You didn't have the fix yet :wink: but since v1.00 will take a long time I figured I'd make the fixed plugin.localdatabase.php file available now already. The only change is not updating (clearing) the teamname field when a player reconnects on TMF.

As for the whole team support situation, perhaps it's useful to have a TMF teams plugin with just /teamname and /tc for admins that don't want to enable the full matchsave plugin? Sort of like the Jfreu lite plugin?

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 31 May 2008 18:57

not to start a big conversation about this here, but has anyone heard if nadeo is thinking about adding the teams feature somewhere down the line? I wish they would.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 31 May 2008 19:55

Maybe someone could start an alternative teamdatabase which could be used by all aseco versions?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 31 May 2008 20:15

fordry wrote:not to start a big conversation about this here, but has anyone heard if nadeo is thinking about adding the teams feature somewhere down the line? I wish they would.
I strongly doubt Nadeo will add back teams as we knew them in TMN. TMF is much more a continuation of TMU, which also didn't have teams.
Perhaps there was a discussion about this when TMU first came it (I didn't really follow the forums back then) and someone remembers the gist of it and can explain why the change from teams to groups was made. But that won't help change the current situation, only understand it.
Knutselmaaster wrote:Maybe someone could start an alternative teamdatabase which could be used by all aseco versions?
I suppose that's a viable idea, but it'll take quite some effort to set that up for one Aseco variant, let alone all server controllers.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 31 May 2008 22:21

Xymph wrote:
Knutselmaaster wrote:Maybe someone could start an alternative teamdatabase which could be used by all aseco versions?
I suppose that's a viable idea, but it'll take quite some effort to set that up for one Aseco variant, let alone all server controllers.
Isn't it allready invented with the dedimania/tmx wr etc?
Could one not use the same structure but instead of "login" and "records" the data transmitted to the server contains "teamname"(only at logon) "points gained"(every round) and store that data in a public sql database.
The teamname and points gained are allready handled in all aseco versions via the matchsave plugin and the only thing to make compatible between different aseco versions would be the format of the packet sent to the sql database.

Please give your opinions, developers of the versions who read this post...
There is really lots of demand for such a thing, mostly from teams that come from tmn and who now have difficulties to hold and gain members because the whole team idea is a bit lost without teamranking/support.
It's a bit like "having something in front of your name, what do i care" in tmf :cry:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Jun 2008 10:30

Knutselmaaster wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Isn't it allready invented with the dedimania/tmx wr etc?
TMX is very different, a more valid comparison would be Dedimania and Aseco2's public database, and yeah, those were already created for servers / challenges / records. But then I didn't say nothing similar existed, only that it'd take quite some effort to set up a similar database for teams that provides a cross-over between all Aseco variants and Fast.
Knutselmaaster wrote:Could one not use the same structure but instead of "login" and "records" the data transmitted to the server contains "teamname"(only at logon) "points gained"(every round) and store that data in a public sql database.
The teamname and points gained are allready handled in all aseco versions via the matchsave plugin and the only thing to make compatible between different aseco versions would be the format of the packet sent to the sql database.
Well, it's not that simple, because it doesn't end with sending team info to the central database. I'm sure you guys also want to see rankings on a public teams website and other features for which requests always pop up over time. :wink: Still, all that is quite doable, but it takes someone or a small team put in a real effort to build it all. Personally I can't spend that effort as I'm focused on the next XAseco release.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 01 Jun 2008 21:00

Xymph wrote:
f*ckfish wrote:Just tested it, teamforce still works =) And thanks for the /team fix, Xymph^^
You didn't have the fix yet :wink: but since v1.00 will take a long time I figured I'd make the fixed plugin.localdatabase.php file available now already. The only change is not updating (clearing) the teamname field when a player reconnects on TMF.
Thanks, I'll grab it asap. =)
Xymph wrote:As for the whole team support situation, perhaps it's useful to have a TMF teams plugin with just /teamname and /tc for admins that don't want to enable the full matchsave plugin? Sort of like the Jfreu lite plugin?
Yeah, I guess it's a good idea, but I'm very short of time atm ;-) Anyone wants to give ita shot?^^
inactive, sorry