XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Post by Xymph » 12 Jun 2008 14:49

bmandk wrote:But if the new server come dont u change it? so we dont have to wait untill you found some new features to put on
This XAseco release is compatible with the 2008-05-19 official and 2008-06-10 beta builds of the dedicated server. I have no reason to expect problems when the next official server comes out, but if there are any I'll try to fix them quickly of course.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 Jun 2008 14:55

w1lla wrote:But i have a question/request:

How can i make a panel for coppers?
Like for Donations or Anything else?
The new panels in XAseco all follow the same general principle, but each have specific features because of their specific requirements. So that would apply to a 'coppers' panel too, and I can't provide generic hand-holding for that. :wink: Just study all of the related code for a given panel (e.g. admin) to see how it's done.

One thing though: for your own panels don't pick manialink and action id's that are adjacent to the ranges I'm using in main system, because I'll be using those when expanding it with possible future panels and menus.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 12 Jun 2008 15:11

darn, seems you missed my small print :P well here goes: i was secretly hoping an option to set /cps and /dedicps to be automatically on for every player, since one of my servers is a league training server and everyone are not aware of these commands and im not always there to educate them

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 12 Jun 2008 15:38

i now installed it and it works all fine
the new panels and styles are awesome and i am still suprised that xaseco starts so fast, because some releases ago the dedimania plugin was very slow ^^
all in all very nice work on the new version
:3

TripleT

SmashingDeluXe
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: All
Manialink(s): NO

Post by SmashingDeluXe » 12 Jun 2008 16:19

:thumbsup:

nice one!
works great on Fun n´ Mini! :gobananas:
ty. :wink:
Intel Core Duo Quad Q6600 4x 2.4 Ghz / Gainward NVidia GeForce 8800 GT 1024MB / 4GigRAM DDR2 1066Mhz
Gigabyte P35-DS3P / Win7 Ultimate

JOIN OUR SERVER!
Tech&Mini.ne
http://www.tm-creative.org

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 Jun 2008 16:26

LaBBe- wrote:darn, seems you missed my small print :P well here goes: i was secretly hoping an option to set /cps and /dedicps to be automatically on for every player, since one of my servers is a league training server and everyone are not aware of these commands and im not always there to educate them
Oh, uhm yeah, I guess I was too tired last night to realize the little scribblings where a small-font message. :P

To enable /cps for new players by default, add one line in plugin.checkpoints.php here, and to enable /dedicps add the second one too:

Code: Select all

// called @ onPlayerConnect
function addplayer_cp($aseco, $player) {
  global $checkpoints;

// check for new player
  if (!isset($checkpoints[$player->login])) {
    $checkpoints[$player->login] = new Checkpoints();
    $checkpoints[$player->login]->display = true;  // <-- always enable for new players
    $checkpoints[$player->login]->dedirec = 0;  // <-- tracking your own or the last Dedi record
  }
  $checkpoints[$player->login]->online = true;
}  // addplayer_cp
I suppose I can add config.xml options to enable them without code hacking.

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by LaBBe- » 12 Jun 2008 16:52

Xymph wrote:
LaBBe- wrote:darn, seems you missed my small print :P well here goes: i was secretly hoping an option to set /cps and /dedicps to be automatically on for every player, since one of my servers is a league training server and everyone are not aware of these commands and im not always there to educate them
Oh, uhm yeah, I guess I was too tired last night to realize the little scribblings where a small-font message. :P

To enable /cps for new players by default, add one line in plugin.checkpoints.php here, and to enable /dedicps add the second one too:

// called @ onPlayerConnect
function addplayer_cp($aseco, $player) {
  global $checkpoints;

// check for new player
  if (!isset($checkpoints[$player->login])) {
    $checkpoints[$player->login] = new Checkpoints();
    $checkpoints[$login]->display = true;  // <-- always enable for new players
    $checkpoints[$login]->dedirec = 0;  // <-- tracking your own or the last Dedi record
  }
  $checkpoints[$player->login]->online = true;
}  // addplayer_cp
I suppose I can add config.xml options to enable them without code hacking.
those lines seem not to do the trick.. :S

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 Jun 2008 17:22

LaBBe- wrote:those lines seem not to do the trick.. :S
Note to self: don't post even seemingly simple changes without testing. :shock: Use $player->login instead of $login in the two new lines, as corrected in the above post. The config options will be in v1.01.

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 12 Jun 2008 17:38

probably me.. maybe i'll read some more..
but /admin panel 15 says no valid panel file.. and looking in console..
says it cant find admindefault.xml
I suppose I could copy my favorite and rename it default.. which you probably tell me to do somewhere in thee installation.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by LaBBe- » 12 Jun 2008 17:59

Xymph wrote:
LaBBe- wrote:those lines seem not to do the trick.. :S
Note to self: don't post even seemingly simple changes without testing. :shock: Use $player->login instead of $login in the two new lines, as corrected in the above post. The config options will be in v1.01.
thanks a lot :gobananas:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 Jun 2008 18:11

cow wrote:probably me.. maybe i'll read some more..
but /admin panel 15 says no valid panel file.. and looking in console..
says it cant find admindefault.xml
I suppose I could copy my favorite and rename it default.. which you probably tell me to do somewhere in thee installation.
I knew I could count on you to find something iffy. :P No, you don't need to copy templates, the default ones are defined in config.xml.

The default entries in the lists were a late addition to the panel system and I put the code to handle them into the wrong place, so the /admin panel default command and clicking it in the list do work, but /admin panel 15 doesn't. Same for /recpanel and /votepanel.
The fix is bit too elaborate to post here, but if you really can't live without it (I'd expect most users to click entries now), then you can grab this replacement panels plugin.

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by bjab » 12 Jun 2008 21:29

I found a small bug in the /admin players command.

If I use that command, i get the following error:

When I search on a (part of an) username i get no errors. Can you solve this please :). By the way, the new panels are very nice :)
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 Jun 2008 21:31

bjab wrote:I found a small bug in the /admin players command.

When I search on a (part of an) username i get no errors. Can you solve this please :).
That's not necessarily a code bug, the allocated memory for the PHP program is simply depleted. How many players are in your server when this happens?

To solve it, find this line at the end of aseco.php and increase the value:

ini_set('memory_limit', '20M');
It is possible there's a memory leak somewhere, but building the /admin players list for lots of players also takes up a lot of memory temporarily, so just increasing the limit might get you by.

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by bjab » 12 Jun 2008 22:32

Xymph wrote:
bjab wrote:I found a small bug in the /admin players command.

When I search on a (part of an) username i get no errors. Can you solve this please :).
That's not necessarily a code bug, the allocated memory for the PHP program is simply depleted. How many players are in your server when this happens?

To solve it, find this line at the end of aseco.php and increase the value:

ini_set('memory_limit', '20M');
It is possible there's a memory leak somewhere, but building the /admin players list for lots of players also takes up a lot of memory temporarily, so just increasing the limit might get you by.
There where 5 (or so) players online when I used the command. But a couple of days ago (aseco 0.99) there was no error when I tried it with 30 (or so) players online ;)

I have increased the memory_limit value, and i'll try it tomorrow :)
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 12 Jun 2008 22:57

first of all thanks to you xymph. you've done a great job.

i installed it, but on my server i can't change the styles.
it doesn't matter which one i try, theres no diff. also the ingame command dont' change anything. this is very strange for me.

the positions/style of adminbar, records and votepanel i can change. i alo created my ones already. but the styles have no function till now.

i have this in the config and of course there is the original styles dir.

<window_style>OrangeBlur</window_style>
do u have any idea about?? or is it possible to disable it somehow? the style i have now is black coloured. it don't look to me as the default TMF one.

thanks
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>