XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Post by nouseforname » 15 Jun 2008 08:07

if repairrecs have function for this, i would like to have the script to start it in linux pls.

thanks to find this out, i think my first server have a lot of players which will never returns. this could be the reason for my problem.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 15 Jun 2008 11:20

In aseco.sh the letters 'TMU' appear after aseco.php.

What are they for, and should they ever be changed?

TIA,

Nick.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 15 Jun 2008 14:13

Knutselmaaster wrote:ps @ AM & Flo: Sorry, it's not that i don't appreciate your work but XAseco has, imo, surpassed Aseco 2.x in functionality and looks and also the development goes much quicker, Xymph is releasing much more often. I had some lag with Aseco 2.x wich has disappeared now too.
Not a problem. Being married, having a house, 6 cats, 2 dogs, 12 foster kittens, and 40+ hours a week working takes it's toll on free time. Aseco gets updated as often as we have time for, and at the moment, there's not much time available. If someone wants to write/port the helpful bits from XAseco, you're more than welcome to do it.

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 15 Jun 2008 14:56

nouseforname wrote:if repairrecs have function for this, i would like to have the script to start it in linux pls.

thanks to find this out, i think my first server have a lot of players which will never returns. this could be the reason for my problem.
just open notepad or anything and make a sh file with the following text:

Code: Select all

cd /home/your/path/to/aseco/DOCS
php repairrecs.php
but you also can just go in putty to the directory above and start the repairrecs.php with the command

php repairrecs.php
should work sorry if i am wrong ^^ :mrgreen:

TripleT

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 15 Jun 2008 16:00

TripleT wrote: just open notepad or anything and make a sh file with the following text:

cd /home/your/path/to/aseco/DOCS
php repairrecs.php
but you also can just go in putty to the directory above and start the repairrecs.php with the command

php repairrecs.php
should work sorry if i am wrong ^^ :mrgreen:

TripleT

thanks, i've done something similliar but forgot a detail^^

however, the repair had function but i still have the problem with "recs" and "topsums" command on my first server.
there are more than 16000 players in the db. guess most of them will never come back^^
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 15 Jun 2008 17:00

Time for some bughunting :D

Recently (actually think this bug has been around always) Players wins are beeing reset to 0. This was a know bug in old releases of aseco 0.6 and 0.7 and has got some attention from you which has made things better. But this still does happen. I am running the fixwins.php to be sure that people are not loosing their wins, but guess i'd better file is at a bug :D

Logfiles does reveal something:

[06/15,00:07:58] fisse won for the 286. time!

[06/15,00:19:10] >> player 215 left the game [fisse : $888.......$fffScorpion. $eb0Le Mans: AUDI Nr.2!]
[06/15,00:19:10] << player 221 joined the game [fisse : $888.......$fffScorpion. $eb0Le Mans: AUDI Nr.2!
 : Denmark : 15860 : 85.82.245.208]
[XASECO Warning] Could not insert connecting player! (Duplicate entry 'fisse' for key 2)
sql = INSERT INTO players
                          (Login, Game, NickName, Nation, TeamName, UpdatedAt)
                          VALUES
                          ('fisse', 'TMF', '$888.......$fffScorpion. $eb0Le Mans: AUDI Nr.2!', 'DEN', ''
, NOW())
[06/15,00:25:12] fisse won for the 1. time!
A grep for "Duplicate entry" in the logfile show that this does happen quite often and is a result of players leaving and joining immediately. Log is not complete i have only included what i find is relevant information let me know if you need more :-) I do apologize for the persons nickname which here in denmark is the same as a womans private parts :D

Regards

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 15 Jun 2008 19:09

If i use /admin add command and dont save track with /admin writetracklist.
Next time after restartting server i try to add same track , i got error adding track.
Only way to add track is delete it from TMX and upload again.

Sorry my bad english

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 15 Jun 2008 19:49

jouko100 wrote:If i use /admin add command and dont save track with /admin writetracklist.
Next time after restartting server i try to add same track , i got error adding track.
Only way to add track is delete it from TMX and upload again.

Sorry my bad english
you can set the autosave of tracklist in rasp.settings.php, the correct line is55: $autosave_matchsettings = ''; // e.g. 'autosave.txt'

eli voit rasp asetuksista säätää tolle riville minkä nimisen ratalistan se tallentaa joka radanvaihdossa, toi on tosi kätevä ku ei tarvi sit addiessä murehtia siitä yhtään.. ainoo missä voi mennä vikaan on jos jompikumpi servu tai XAseco kaatuu ennen ku se tallentaa automaattisesti.. mä pyysin tota automaattista tallennusta ku oli kerran että lisäsin 30 rataa ja unohdin tallentaa ratalistan =)

sry for that, but it felt it was easier to explain the autosave feature for him in finnish :oops:

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 15 Jun 2008 20:03

Assembler Maniac wrote:
Knutselmaaster wrote:ps @ AM & Flo: Sorry, it's not that i don't appreciate your work but XAseco has, imo, surpassed Aseco 2.x in functionality and looks and also the development goes much quicker, Xymph is releasing much more often. I had some lag with Aseco 2.x wich has disappeared now too.
Not a problem. Being married, having a house, 6 cats, 2 dogs, 12 foster kittens, and 40+ hours a week working takes it's toll on free time. Aseco gets updated as often as we have time for, and at the moment, there's not much time available. If someone wants to write/port the helpful bits from XAseco, you're more than welcome to do it.
I would really love to help but:
Leaving home at 6am and returning at 7.30pm to a family with 2 children, and having to manage 3 servers, a tm team and site (witch is still for tmn :oops: ) time isn't on my side neither. Plus my coding skills don't go any further than editing existing code and some web thingies. :lol:

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 15 Jun 2008 20:40

I know I know
HEY I KNOW
the jukebox is way complex...
but you know what would be cool
the /tlist like function from aseco2
anyway, hope I am being a pain, I am good at it.
great job as always.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 16 Jun 2008 13:16

cow wrote:I know I know
HEY I KNOW
great job as always.
Yeah, i'd like that too =)
inactive, sorry

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 16 Jun 2008 15:25

cow wrote:I know I know
HEY I KNOW
great job as always.
what do you mean by the /tlist command?

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 16 Jun 2008 15:47

it's an ingame search for tmx tracks and works like the /list command
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 16 Jun 2008 20:55

Knutselmaaster wrote:PS have a nice trip! If you're going to a place near Paris I invite you for a coffee at my place ;)
Thanks for the offer, but I went in the opposite direction (north of the Netherlands). :)
MadMax01 wrote:i've been using your aseco for couple of years now.
That's amazing, considering the first public release happened only 8 months ago. :P
Assembler Maniac wrote:Being married, having a house, 6 cats, 2 dogs, 12 foster kittens [...]
Nice zoo you've got out there (not counting the marriage, of course) :mrgreen:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 16 Jun 2008 21:17

Knutselmaaster wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Knutselmaaster wrote:Is it possible to save your personal style settings so that it is configured automatically on reconnect? I've read everywhere but can't find it....
If not, could it be made possible?
I thought about that, but it was a bridge too far for this release.
I can make it so that it's preserved in memory, and lost upon the next XAseco restart (just like your /cps and /dedicps preference), or I can store it in the database but that requires an extra table (or new field in the players table), which I've so far avoided. Preferences?
Isn't it possible to write it to a xml file, like the admin logins etc.?
Because i thought you didnt like to change things to the database...
Well, XML is fine for small(er) lists, but on a server that's been visited by thousands of players over the course of several months or more, an XML list with players' customization settings becomes a huge file. A database is simply a better way to manage/retrieve such amounts of data.
f*ckfish wrote:Well since XASECO has massively grown since the old Aseco 0.61b I think, it deserves the right to create and alter tables now ;-)
Thank you for your kind permission. :wink:
cow wrote:no brainer.
the asecos arent really compatible as it is..and you have to change the challengeid thing back anyways.. adding tables isnt as bad IMO :P
And yeah you have earned the right I'd say.. plus if it means more features and the ability for users who don't like my preferences to stop complaining that theirs don't save... I'm all for abusing the database as much as you want.
Well, I wouldn't call it abuse, rather exploiting the possibilities, but I get your drift. :mrgreen:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub