XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.00

Post by Yorkshire » 17 Jun 2008 12:03

ninja_7 wrote:
ninja_7 wrote:Hi,

I'm running Xaseco V1.00 along with the Fufi Widgets, also music jukebox plugin enabled. I get a slight pause in game when the server announces a new player joining or when a new record is set on a track. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to cure it?

Thanks
UKFC»Ninja°
Any ideas anyone?
Do you mean you are playing the game on your own server? Does anyone else on the server notice this?
Is the SQL database on the same server as the game?
Have you tried disabling the music server?

Regards,

Nick.

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by bjab » 17 Jun 2008 12:59

I found a small bug in autokick in the jfreu plugin. Players with rank -1 can join whatever the rank-limit is. Is there an easy way to solve this :)
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 17 Jun 2008 15:04

Yorkshire wrote:
Xymph wrote:Many of the 'impossible' times were submitted by the pertaining server controller (Fast, Onyx and XAseco) due to some kind of glitch, and most of those do not include the same number of checkpoint times (or any at all) as 'normal' records. Onyx v2 doesn't submit checkpoints for instance, so glitches slip by more easily. That 5 second 'record' on Japan Style is also clearly bogus, because there's only the finish checkpoint time instead of all 4 checkpoints that the track contains (but ironically it was submitted by XAseco and I have no idea how that could happen :( ).
It would appear, to me at least, that dedimania purports to be one of the two (currently one) online world record databases.

As such, IMO, a strong line should be taken with regards to its accuracy. Simply put, and as a start, any system which does not submit checkpoint times should be barred from submitting any times at all. All currently submitted times without checkpoints should be removed; that's what, 10-minutes work on an SQL query?
I agree, but all these systems grow by leaps and bounds, and there's probably a historical reason how it came to be that Onyx records were accepted without checkpoints.
Anyway, there's not much I can do about this, except to urge Slig to take notice and finally invest some time to clean up the database. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Jun 2008 15:06

soehest wrote:
f*ckfish wrote:
Xymph wrote:I thought about that, but it was a bridge too far for this release.
I can make it so that it's preserved in memory, and lost upon the next XAseco restart (just like your /cps and /dedicps preference), or I can store it in the database but that requires an extra table (or new field in the players table), which I've so far avoided. Preferences?
Well since XASECO has massively grown since the old Aseco 0.61b I think, it deserves the right to create and alter tables now ;-)
It really does, perhaps there would be a chance to see the /topdonate we have talked about earlier :D IMHO xaseco should not be tied down in inovation due to missing tables :-)
Well yes, if I'm gonna add a table to hold more player information like customization settings for all the panels, then the donations will also find their way in there. :)
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Jun 2008 15:21

bjab wrote:I found a small bug in autokick in the jfreu plugin. Players with rank -1 can join whatever the rank-limit is. Is there an easy way to solve this :)
In jfreu.plugin.php try the following. At line 1001 change the '==' into '<=':

Code: Select all

if ($aseco->server->jfreu->hardlimit != 0 && ($player->ladderrank > $aseco->server->jfreu->hardlimit || $player->ladderrank <= 0))
and ditto at line 1014:

if ($player->ladderrank > $limit || $player->ladderrank <= 0)

ninja_7
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMS,TMN

Post by ninja_7 » 17 Jun 2008 15:49

Yorkshire wrote:
ninja_7 wrote:
ninja_7 wrote:Hi,

I'm running Xaseco V1.00 along with the Fufi Widgets, also music jukebox plugin enabled. I get a slight pause in game when the server announces a new player joining or when a new record is set on a track. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to cure it?

Thanks
UKFC»Ninja°
Any ideas anyone?
Do you mean you are playing the game on your own server? Does anyone else on the server notice this?
Is the SQL database on the same server as the game?
Have you tried disabling the music server?

Regards,

Nick.
This is the UKFC»Racing server in GBR, I have just checked with some other players on the server and they dont have the problem. I am masteradmin on the server, it seems that only i have the slight pause. The SQL database is run from the same server and the problem exists without the music plugin being enabled. Seems strange that it only affects me, i play the game from a different machine in a different location to the game server.
ImageThe Black Art Of Performance

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by bjab » 17 Jun 2008 16:18

Xymph wrote:
bjab wrote:I found a small bug in autokick in the jfreu plugin. Players with rank -1 can join whatever the rank-limit is. Is there an easy way to solve this :)
In jfreu.plugin.php try the following. At line 1001 change the '==' into '<=':

if ($aseco->server->jfreu->hardlimit != 0 && ($player->ladderrank > $aseco->server->jfreu->hardlimit || $player->ladderrank <= 0))
and ditto at line 1014:

if ($player->ladderrank > $limit || $player->ladderrank <= 0)
Thank you, it works :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Jun 2008 16:20

Knutselmaaster wrote:Oki ill send you my backup tonight.
And indeed it must be the nick that causes the problem; The fastest member on my team having a nick that doesn't work for XAseco is in the top 5 on allmost all tracks.
My second server wich has allways been XAseco shows the same problem as the one i "upgraded" so it isn't the aseco => XAseco "upgrade" that causes the problem.

Ofcourse youre welcome to click on the links in my signature and see for yourself Xymph, it would be an honour if you visit my servers. :)
Fastpoints is the native XAseco and 4U4Ever the one i changed from Aseco 2.x to XAseco.
I looked and drove around a bit on 4U4Ever, and saw one possible candidate (shown as "???D?") in /liverecs for one of the tracks that causes the window display problem. The /active, /top10, /top100, /topwins and /toprecs commands also produce no output, so this (or a similar) player nickname is in all of those.

By now I'm pretty sure this is caused by the conversion from A/R2 to XAseco, as A/R2 enforces the UTF-8 character set on its database and XAseco does not, but whether that conversion from one to the other server controller actually causes these display problems depends entirely on the specific nicknames in the database, and possibly even on other conditions.

The solution is probably a UTF-8 verification/correction routine as discussed here but I'll still need that database and some experimentation time to make sure.

wulu
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by wulu » 17 Jun 2008 18:39

I had the problem with utf-8 characters and the missing top10 and rec windows
a while ago and tested for bad nicknames with this modification.

plugin.localdatabase.php:

function ldb_playerConnect($aseco, $player) {
  global $ldb_players, $ldb_settings;

if ($aseco->server->getGame() == 'TMF')
    $nation = mapCountry($player->nation);
  else
    $nation = $player->nation;

//check for bad Nickname - use login in case of mismatch
  if (iconv('UTF-8', 'UTF-8', $player->nickname) != $player->nickname)
    {
    $player->nickname = iconv("ISO-8859-1", "UTF-8", $player->nickname);
    $aseco->console_text('[localdb debug] query is not utf8 - modified:' . $player->nickname);
    $player->nickname = $player->login;
    }
  // try to update player
  $query = 'UPDATE players SET
hope it helps, still you need 2 repair the DB manually, but this prevents the problem to happen again

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Jun 2008 19:00

soehest wrote:Time for some bughunting :D

Recently (actually think this bug has been around always) Players wins are beeing reset to 0. This was a know bug in old releases of aseco 0.6 and 0.7 and has got some attention from you which has made things better. But this still does happen. I am running the fixwins.php to be sure that people are not loosing their wins, but guess i'd better file is at a bug :D

Logfiles does reveal something:

[06/15,00:07:58] fisse won for the 286. time!
[06/15,00:19:10] >> player 215 left the game [fisse : $888.......$fffScorpion. $eb0Le Mans: AUDI Nr.2!]
[06/15,00:19:10] << player 221 joined the game [fisse : $888.......$fffScorpion. $eb0Le Mans: AUDI Nr.2!
 : Denmark : 15860 : 85.82.245.208]
[XASECO Warning] Could not insert connecting player! (Duplicate entry 'fisse' for key 2)
sql = INSERT INTO players
                          (Login, Game, NickName, Nation, TeamName, UpdatedAt)
                          VALUES
                          ('fisse', 'TMF', '$888.......$fffScorpion. $eb0Le Mans: AUDI Nr.2!', 'DEN', ''
, NOW())
[06/15,00:25:12] fisse won for the 1. time!
A grep for "Duplicate entry" in the logfile show that this does happen quite often and is a result of players leaving and joining immediately. Log is not complete i have only included what i find is relevant information let me know if you need more :-)
Yes, this is a long-standing issue that I haven't paid a lot of attention to, because it only happens on the rare coincidence that a player comes back within the same second as when [s]he left. Frankly I don't even understand how that's possible, given that clicking the OK button after selecting Exit from the Esc menu, browsing the servers list, and reconnecting normally takes at least several seconds.

I had a good look now why that MySQL warning comes up when the disconnect and connect times are identical, and figured out a fix (albeit a bit of a kludge): in plugin.localdatabase.php change line 222 like this:

SET UpdatedAt=NOW()-INTERVAL 1 SECOND,
This fakes the disconnect time to be one second before it actually happened, so that a subsequently identical connect time doesn't cause the MySQL UPDATE statement at the beginning of ldb_playerConnect to affect 0 rows anymore.

So give this a try for a while... it's hard to be sure the MySQL warning no longer occurs with the fix, because it's quite rare to begin with.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Jun 2008 19:35

wulu wrote:I had the problem with utf-8 characters and the missing top10 and rec windows
a while ago and tested for bad nicknames with this modification.

plugin.localdatabase.php:

function ldb_playerConnect($aseco, $player) {
  global $ldb_players, $ldb_settings;
[...]
  //check for bad Nickname - use login in case of mismatch
  if (iconv('UTF-8', 'UTF-8', $player->nickname) != $player->nickname)
    {
    $player->nickname = iconv("ISO-8859-1", "UTF-8", $player->nickname);
    $aseco->console_text('[localdb debug] query is not utf8 - modified:' . $player->nickname);
    $player->nickname = $player->login;
    }
hope it helps, still you need 2 repair the DB manually, but this prevents the problem to happen again
Interesting. Although I don't understand why you first go through the trouble of converting the nickname if you then overwrite it with the login anyway. :wink:

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Yorkshire » 18 Jun 2008 08:54

Hi Xymph,

Small request: Could you please add a way to turm off the dispaly (in the chat window) of PB records. At the moment, as far as I understand it, you can only turn this off if the player has a ranked record and show recs before is 2?

TIA,

Nick.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 18 Jun 2008 09:12

Yorkshire wrote:Small request: Could you please add a way to turm off the dispaly (in the chat window) of PB records. At the moment, as far as I understand it, you can only turn this off if the player has a ranked record and show recs before is 2?
There are two different things you can configure, as explained here. Does that help?

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Yorkshire » 18 Jun 2008 09:28

Xymph wrote:
Yorkshire wrote:Small request: Could you please add a way to turm off the dispaly (in the chat window) of PB records. At the moment, as far as I understand it, you can only turn this off if the player has a ranked record and show recs before is 2?
There are two different things you can configure, as explained here. Does that help?
No, sorry, I already have all that set. It's just that now you have your PB widget, there's no point in taking up another line of chat showing PB recs.

Regards,

Nick.

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by bjab » 18 Jun 2008 13:41

Here I am again with a bug:
I get the following error in my log:

[06/18,15:39:10] player bjab used chat command "/admin add 86740"
[PHP Warning] preg_replace(): No ending delimiter '|' found on line 764 in file C:\Program Files\TrackmaniaftestServer\xaseco_100\plugins\chat.admin.php
[XASECO Warning] [-1000] The track filename must be defined.
I get this only with track nr. 86740. What's the problem ?