XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.04

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.04

Post by Ant » 21 Sep 2008 05:30

I have that same problem with the music server too - is it also possible to make it change the song straight away while playing on the same track with something like /music forcenext, (also could have a menu button) which could either play the next song in the list or the next jukeboxed one if there is any. Its just a bit annoyin when the same song keeps playing over and over :wink:

By the way nice one on the new release - I'll be tryin it out soon :thumbsup:

krazywrath
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by krazywrath » 21 Sep 2008 07:57

I'm new here, and I have a problem getting XASECO to work. Whenever I run the batch file, it can't open the PHP files...
I believe it's because I didn't install PHP correctly. Can someone please tell me the settings to select when installing PHP? (this is on my own computer,and i already got the dedicated server working)
Thanks in advance!!! :)

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 21 Sep 2008 08:13

krazywrath wrote:I'm new here, and I have a problem getting XASECO to work. Whenever I run the batch file, it can't open the PHP files...
I believe it's because I didn't install PHP correctly. Can someone please tell me the settings to select when installing PHP? (this is on my own computer,and i already got the dedicated server working)
Thanks in advance!!! :)
well, check this site
http://www.gamers.org/tmn/quickstart.html
but i know inside the xaseco download pack there are all informations inside.

due to lacking informations like log file.. i just can guess

my first guess is, ur batch file is not correct.

Code: Select all

@echo off

rem ****** Set here your php path *******

set INSTPHP=C:\xampp\php\

rem *************************************

PATH=%PATH%;%INSTPHP%;%INSTPHP%\extensions
"%INSTPHP%\php.exe" aseco.php

pause
this would be the correct one if you use xampp inside the standard installation folder. put this "aseco.bat" into the root dir of your aseco.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html will teach u how to use xampp
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

krazywrath
highway camper
highway camper

Post by krazywrath » 21 Sep 2008 20:34

nouseforname wrote:well, check this site
http://www.gamers.org/tmn/quickstart.html
but i know inside the xaseco download pack there are all informations inside.

due to lacking informations like log file.. i just can guess

my first guess is, ur batch file is not correct.

@echo off

rem ****** Set here your php path *******

set INSTPHP=C:\xampp\php\

rem *************************************

PATH=%PATH%;%INSTPHP%;%INSTPHP%\extensions
"%INSTPHP%\php.exe" aseco.php

pause
this would be the correct one if you use xampp inside the standard installation folder. put this "aseco.bat" into the root dir of your aseco.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html will teach u how to use xampp
Ohh, I see now! So I DO need to use xampp... hehe
I'll go try that now. Thank you! :3

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 21 Sep 2008 21:09

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:I have that same problem with the music server too - is it also possible to make it change the song straight away while playing on the same track with something like /music forcenext, (also could have a menu button) which could either play the next song in the list or the next jukeboxed one if there is any. Its just a bit annoyin when the same song keeps playing over and over :wink:
A new song can only start upon starting a new track, that's a limitation of the server/clients. But with the autonext option, that's exactly what happens when there's no jukeboxed song.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

krazywrath
highway camper
highway camper

Post by krazywrath » 21 Sep 2008 22:00

So can I just use xampp instead of getting mysql and php separately? I don't think this part was covered in the quick start guide link.

I tried using xampp, but is there a way to configure it? (because there doesn't appear to be a command line client like in MySQL Server 5.0. Also, the way it is written in the quickstart guide, it seems like I need to use a command line client)
I keep getting this error when I try to run Aseco.bat:

Could not open input file: aseco.php
Press any key to continue . . .

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 22 Sep 2008 03:49

krazywrath wrote:So can I just use xampp instead of getting mysql and php separately? I don't think this part was covered in the quick start guide link.

I tried using xampp, but is there a way to configure it? (because there doesn't appear to be a command line client like in MySQL Server 5.0. Also, the way it is written in the quickstart guide, it seems like I need to use a command line client)
I keep getting this error when I try to run Aseco.bat:

Could not open input file: aseco.php
Press any key to continue . . .

xampp is everything (apache, mysql, filezilla...)
just install it like descripted at the page. if this is done u have a running apache and mysql system. which is reachable with ur explorer at "localhost".
go and get there. u will see a GUI which is quite easy to understand. for the mysql user u can change/add it in a command window or simply use the GUI system.

ur error still let me guess the path is wrong...

good luck ;)
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

krazywrath
highway camper
highway camper

Post by krazywrath » 22 Sep 2008 04:03

yes, my path was wrong XD
sorry for bothering you all! I've figured it out and am in the process of updating my dedicated server... (but i forgot to save the settings, so I'M ENTERING THEM AGAIN)

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 22 Sep 2008 04:14

Xymph wrote:
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:I have that same problem with the music server too - is it also possible to make it change the song straight away while playing on the same track with something like /music forcenext, (also could have a menu button) which could either play the next song in the list or the next jukeboxed one if there is any. Its just a bit annoyin when the same song keeps playing over and over :wink:
A new song can only start upon starting a new track, that's a limitation of the server/clients. But with the autonext option, that's exactly what happens when there's no jukeboxed song.
Hi Xymph,

I think I haven't explained clearly:

I only want music to play at all if a music track is jukeboxed. This makes the song play on the next track.

I then want no music to play at all on subsequent tracks, until another song is jukeboxed (autonext set to False).

What currently happens is that the last jukeboxed song plays forever until someone jukeboxes a different song.

What I am trying to achieve is that music only plays if it has been jukeboxed by a player, and not at any other time.

Regards,

Nick.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Sep 2008 08:25

krazywrath wrote:So can I just use xampp instead of getting mysql and php separately? I don't think this part was covered in the quick start guide link.
No, because xampp is aimed at Windows users, and I wrote that guide for Linux systems. So all of the dedicated and XAseco configuration info applies to both OS's, but for the PHP/MySQL part on Windows you're on your own.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Sep 2008 08:39

Yorkshire wrote:
Xymph wrote:
I think I haven't explained clearly:
You did, but I was replying to Tony, not you. :P I needed to think over your request a bit longer.
Yorkshire wrote:I only want music to play at all if a music track is jukeboxed. This makes the song play on the next track.

I then want no music to play at all on subsequent tracks, until another song is jukeboxed (autonext set to False).

What currently happens is that the last jukeboxed song plays forever until someone jukeboxes a different song.

What I am trying to achieve is that music only plays if it has been jukeboxed by a player, and not at any other time.
I think that makes sense anyway when autonext is disabled. So to accomplish this effect, change line 220 (the '}' before the end of function music_nextsong) in plugin.musicserver.php into:

} else {
    // disable next song
    $aseco->client->query('SetForcedMusic', $music_server->override, '');
  }
Lemme know if that works.

Insane1982
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Insane1982 » 22 Sep 2008 08:52

Hi Xymph,

I found little error with shutdown.
When i type /admin shutdown the server wil not closed.

[09/22,10:48:55] player insane1982 used chat command "/admin shutdown"
[XASECO Fatal Error] Shutdown XASECO! on line 4863 in file C:\TM-Server\Xaseco\p
lugins\chat.admin.php
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .

Gr, Insane

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 22 Sep 2008 09:02

Hi Xymph,

That works great :)

Thanks very much. I take it that will be assimilated?

Regards,

Nick.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Sep 2008 13:33

Insane1982 wrote:I found little error with shutdown.
When i type /admin shutdown the server wil not closed.
Read the release notes. :roll:
* the /admin shutdown command will now shut down only XASECO (in order to permit restarts via the external start-up script), while the new /admin shutdownall command terminates both XASECO and the TM server

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by bjab » 22 Sep 2008 15:02

Is it possible to make an sort of function to make sure cheated times aren't inserted in the database. Now are times under 1 sec inserted in the database (if the track normally takes 50 seconds or so). Can you make this ??
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server