XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05

Post by Xymph » 23 Feb 2009 21:35

lgrfbs-sweden wrote:Can we run the XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05 on Trackmania Nations and Trackmania Nations Forever server?
Sure, just like all previous releases. Why are you doubting that?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 200
Joined: 15 Apr 2007 15:48
Owned TM-games: TMN
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 24 Feb 2009 15:38

Sorry, my brain fool me, so thanks for you answer on my brain-dead question. :idea:
We will upgarade from 0.91 to 1.04 soon
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins
Image

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05

Post by Xymph » 24 Feb 2009 15:57

lgrfbs-sweden wrote:We will upgarade from 0.91 to 1.04 soon
Actually, v1.05 is the latest, but a bit more buggy than usual. v1.05b fixes all that and will be out soon.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Xymph » 24 Feb 2009 22:59

Finally enough free time to wrap this up, so v1.05b is out, see the first post.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1845
Joined: 01 Dec 2007 17:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Ant » 24 Feb 2009 23:21

nice one, i'll let you know if I find any other problems (usin Windows XP Pro).

------------------------------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All seems fine for now :thumbsup:

n4p1
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Dec 2008 08:58
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by n4p1 » 25 Feb 2009 18:32

I have a small problem with 1.05b version. I upgraded 1.05 to 1.05b, everything works ok. After few minutes xaseco crashed (I had fufi widgets and ~80 players on server so this is normal). I turn off fufi widgets in plugins.xml and try run xaseco again, now i stuck with this:

Code: Select all

[XASECO Fatal Error] ExecCallbacks XMLRPC Error [-32700] - transport error - connection interrupted! on line 886 in file /home/lol/xaseco105b/aseco.php 
and i cant run xaseco.

Btw. it would be nice to have some command-line options like:
./Aseco.sh --silent
becouse when I start xaseco on server with connected players xaseco spam chat with:
New player .....
and some info about local records etc.
Its a little hard with more than 60 players online... :)



---------- EDIT ----------
I turn off dedimania plugins from plugins.xml and xaseco run w/o any problem...

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 196
Joined: 15 Jul 2008 22:25
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmuf

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by schmidi » 26 Feb 2009 12:19

dedimania-plugin bug??

dedimania-recs are reported wrong if connection to dedimania-server is lost.
on upcoming tracks dedirecs are reported compared to the track, connection was lost.
imo dedirecs should be deactivated if no connection

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Xymph » 26 Feb 2009 13:02

schmidi wrote:dedimania-plugin bug??

dedimania-recs are reported wrong if connection to dedimania-server is lost.
on upcoming tracks dedirecs are reported compared to the track, connection was lost.
imo dedirecs should be deactivated if no connection
Timeouts and connection problems should be handled by the low-level communication files (web_access.inc.php and xmlrpc_db.inc.php), but only when the main plugin actually needs to communicate with the central Dedimania server, i.e. at the start and end of a track, and every 4 minutes after the start of a track.
Meanwhile that plugin registers new/updated records internally and shows corresponding messages, but those records are only valid after being accepted by the central server at the end of a track. So if the Dedimania records report at the end of a track isn't shown, or doesn't include the new/updated times, then there was a connection problem and those records are lost. It is however not easy (or even feasible) to temporarily inhibit the individual new/updated record messages that are shown earlier during a track.

Bottom line: connection problems are really tough to handle properly in all circumstances, so just live with them (or donate some money so Slig can rent an even beefier server :wink: ).
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 196
Joined: 15 Jul 2008 22:25
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmuf

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by schmidi » 26 Feb 2009 14:54

i think u get me wrong

i know no system is 100% reliable and im not complaining about the system, its working fine. (much butter than some services u pay for ;) )
u, slig and many others do a great job. THX

today it happened to me that i got in chat "dedimania failed retry in 30min" (something like that). plugin kept reporting recs, nothing wrong with it since maybe connection is up again @ end of race.
BUT and thats the point i was talking about it kept reporting recs after mapchange. this made me suspicious and i looked into it. it turns out that plugin is comparing times to recs of the old map. (the map dedimania lost connection)
users are provided with wrong dedi-msgs and whats even worse maybe recs are stored und submitted to trackids they dont belong to. i can tell u recs where it might happened.

i hope i pointed it out more clearly
if im wrong or its impossible to happen just ignore my post :)

schmidi

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Xymph » 26 Feb 2009 16:22

schmidi wrote:today it happened to me that i got in chat "dedimania failed retry in 30min" (something like that). plugin kept reporting recs, nothing wrong with it since maybe connection is up again @ end of race.
BUT and thats the point i was talking about it kept reporting recs after mapchange. this made me suspicious and i looked into it. it turns out that plugin is comparing times to recs of the old map. (the map dedimania lost connection)
users are provided with wrong dedi-msgs and whats even worse maybe recs are stored und submitted to trackids they dont belong to. i can tell u recs where it might happened.
I see... you could be on to something there. Upon a new track I was resetting a data structure only if the connection is working, so if it wasn't that data would be re-used at the next track, producing the results you observed.

Try this updated plugin. I know, connection problems aren't that common (fortunately) so testing can take a while, but in theory this should address the problem.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Posts: 692
Joined: 16 Feb 2007 01:40
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Between DisneyLand and Paris
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Knutselmaaster » 26 Feb 2009 16:59

I don't think this problem occurs only in 1.05
I use 1.04 and noticed that on a track all "false" dedirecs came from visitors of my server.
I haven't got more info as i didn't have the time to look into it more yet, but i'm allmost sure this has happened this week.
Check my pro server and juke Midnight Drifts.... :?

schmidi
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 196
Joined: 15 Jul 2008 22:25
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmuf

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by schmidi » 26 Feb 2009 17:03

Xymph wrote:Upon a new track I was resetting a data structure only if the connection is working, so if it wasn't that data would be re-used at the next track, producing the results you observed.
didnt had time to look into code, but exactly that comes to my mind :)
will test fixed version

thx
schmidi

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Xymph » 26 Feb 2009 17:11

Knutselmaaster wrote:I don't think this problem occurs only in 1.05
I use 1.04 and noticed that on a track all "false" dedirecs came from visitors of my server.
Yeah, this looks like a logic oversight that existed in my plugin since its initial release with v0.95.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5707
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Xymph » 28 Feb 2009 12:42

n4p1 wrote:I have a small problem with 1.05b version. I upgraded 1.05 to 1.05b, everything works ok. After few minutes xaseco crashed (I had fufi widgets and ~80 players on server so this is normal). I turn off fufi widgets in plugins.xml and try run xaseco again, now i stuck with this:

Code: Select all

[XASECO Fatal Error] ExecCallbacks XMLRPC Error [-32700] - transport error - connection interrupted! on line 886 in file /home/lol/xaseco105b/aseco.php 
and i cant run xaseco.
Don't know what could cause that, you'll need to provide more details, like plugins list and full startup log.
n4p1 wrote:Btw. it would be nice to have some command-line options like:
./Aseco.sh --silent
becouse when I start xaseco on server with connected players xaseco spam chat with:
New player .....
and some info about local records etc.
Its a little hard with more than 60 players online... :)
Good point, I changed it so that the player join messages are always inhibited during a XAseco restart. This will be in the next release.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Krscho
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 48
Joined: 30 Aug 2008 06:10
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.05b

Post by Krscho » 02 Mar 2009 14:04

Today i expirienced my first hacker/cheter visitor.
Is there a plugin in xaseco for rounds mode which negataives the efect of hackers/cheters?

Post Reply