Local Records in chat

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Local Records in chat

Post by Xymph » 20 Mar 2009 11:45

Sopy22 wrote:Hy folks... i just wondering... how can i disable the messages from local records in the chat... i have around 50 players on the server(short maps[15s]).It's annoyng ...not mention by the chat lag... we can't even chat because of that messages.

I tried to delete the local records messages from localdatabase.xml but then i'll get blank messages .re-edited the config.xml
config.xml doesn't affect local record messages. Lower the <limit> value in localdatabase.xml or set <display> to false.
Sopy22 wrote:Btw i'm usig xaseco
Yes, so you posted in the wrong forum. AM, can you move this thread?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Sopy22
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMN,TMU

Re: Local Records in chat

Post by Sopy22 » 20 Mar 2009 12:00

if i'll set the display >false ... i won't see the recs in the fufi widget local records panel.... so you're suggesting to lower the limit to... let's say 1? i had that limit to 0

LE: i still get those messages ...it's annoyng.. nothing new... i just want to shut them down...

Sopy22
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Sopy22 » 20 Mar 2009 13:28

anyone? some suggestions? i tryed <display>false<display> but then the panel with the recs it's empty...
Tried the limit in localdatabase to 5,15,20... the recs still shown in the chat...

Now the messages are deleted...but i still receive blank messages...

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Mar 2009 14:17

Sopy22 wrote:if i'll set the display >false ... i won't see the recs in the fufi widget local records panel.... so you're suggesting to lower the limit to... let's say 1? i had that limit to 0

LE: i still get those messages ...it's annoyng.. nothing new... i just want to shut them down...
If you drive a new record, you'll always get the message (preceded by '>'), but low or zero <limit> prevents it from being sent to all other players (preceded by '>>'). Conversely, you won't see the messages from other players' records, so the net effect is greatly reducing the number of chat messages sent to all players. But XAseco considers it its duty to inform you want is happening, that's why you still get the private messages about your own records.
Sopy22 wrote:anyone? some suggestions? i tryed <display>false<display> but then the panel with the recs it's empty...
In plugin.localdatabase.php find these lines (there are two):

Code: Select all

if ($ldb_settings['display']) $aseco->server->records = $ldb_records;
and change both into:

Code: Select all

$aseco->server->records = $ldb_records;
That might fix the widgets problem, but I'm not sure whether there are any other side effects.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Sopy22
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Sopy22 » 20 Mar 2009 14:35

i only have to say.. that you're a genius ;) thx. i knew you would figure it out..

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 20 Mar 2009 19:52

Sorry Xymph - split this into 2 pieces by accident

one of these days I'll get the hang of forum admin functions

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Mar 2009 20:18

Assembler Maniac wrote:Sorry Xymph - split this into 2 pieces by accident
Actually this one looks to be still in one piece, unlike the previous time.
Assembler Maniac wrote:one of these days I'll get the hang of forum admin functions
or weeks... or months...? :wink: Thanks for the move.