[xaseco]plugin: all checkpoints widget

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: [xaseco]plugin: all checkpoints widget

Post by Northern Lights » 11 Apr 2012 23:48

I would like to alter this slightly for my server so that anyone joining would immediately have an understanding of the plugin and how it works for them.

I want to change the words for the local records from :
'Leader' to 'Race Leader' and also change the word 'Individual' to 'Your time'

Is this easy to do ?

Leigham
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM²
Manialink(s): None

Post by Leigham » 11 Apr 2012 23:58

Changing the wording is easy enough. You might have to fiddle with the positioning though if you still want it dead centre.

Anyhow, the lines for the local record are 'individual = 288' & 'leader = 294'. For the dedi it's 'individual = 313' & 'leader = 307'.

Just change the word on those lines to the ones you want, leaving the quotation marks as they are. (I used v1.3 so if your version is older it may be slightly different lines :))
"Never surrender, sometimes retreat"

Scottish Flat Trax servers

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 12 Apr 2012 00:47

Thank You for your help and quick response for both of my plugin queries on this forum. :thumbsup: :sweet:

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 12 Apr 2012 12:44

Hello Leigham, you very kindly helped me last night with my request to change some of the text of this plugin. Can you tell me how I would increase the font size of the times only , without increasing the size of the words ?

Also next to the displayed times it has these : (9/50) (2/50)
I don't know what they are ? can you tell me ? And how could I delete them if I don't need them ?

David
Last edited by Northern Lights on 13 Apr 2012 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

spyke
cyclist
cyclist

Post by spyke » 13 Apr 2012 13:06

hi,
Northern Lights wrote:Hello Leigham, you very kindly helped me last night with my request to change some of the text of this plugin. Can you tell me how I would increase the font size of the times only without increasing the size of the words ?
you can increase the scale like this :
for example, change

Code: Select all

$xmltext .= '<label scale="0.6" posn="0 1.5 0.1" halign="center" valign="center" textsize="3" text="$o$'.$persolocalbest.'"/>';
to

$xmltext .= '<label scale="1" posn="0 1.5 0.1" halign="center" valign="center" textsize="3" text="$o$'.$persolocalbest.'"/>';
Also next to the displayed times it has these : (9/50) (2/50)
I don't know what they are ?
(9/50) is your rank from dedimania and local records.
(9/50) is the number of records which are displayed from your config. (see posts about how to increase these numbers from your configuration)

And how could I delete them if I don't need them ?
easy : example ...
change :

$xmltext .= '<label scale="0.8" posn="0 0 0.1" halign="center" valign="center" textsize="2" text="$'.$this->text_color.'individual ($'.$this->rank_color.''.$dedirank.''.$maxdedi.'$fff)"/>';
to

$xmltext .= '<label scale="0.8" posn="0 0 0.1" halign="center" valign="center" textsize="2" text="$'.$this->text_color.'individual"/>';
spyker

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 17 Apr 2012 09:08

I am realising more about this plugin. I believed I understood it but now I'm just a bit confused, hehe. :sweet:

In number 2 function of the plugin (see below) would the plugin be showing my difference with the Number 1 Dedi from the Dedimania world records system ? Or is it showing the difference between myself and a Dedi Record that has been driven while I am playing the track at that time ?

1. your diff with your best dedimania record. (individual)
2. your diff with the best dedimania record. (leader)
3. your diff with your best local record. (individual)
4. your diff with the best local record. (leader)

Similarly, is number 4 (above) showing my time compared to the number 1 Local Record for my server or is it showing my time compared to the leader on the track at that time ? :-?

:tmforever:

spyke
cyclist
cyclist

Post by spyke » 17 Apr 2012 10:56

hi,

all checkpoints are from databases "dedimania" and your "local". they are associated with best times in these databases and may have been made long in the past ...

spyker

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 17 Apr 2012 11:18

So the Dedi record I am chasing might not be the No.1 Dedi I can see displayed in the 'Dedimania Records' list on the left side of my server ? You think it might be an older Dedi record I am chasing ?

spyke
cyclist
cyclist

Post by spyke » 17 Apr 2012 11:57

why do you say that?
on the left, you have the best finish time record from dedimania. and plugin displays all checkpoints from that record. where is your problem exactly ? do you have a screenshot to see more ?

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 17 Apr 2012 12:15

spyke wrote:
they are associated with best times in these databases and may have been made long in the past ...

spyker
I think I may have misunderstood your words here ^ see the underlined ones.
I thought you were saying that the times I am chasing may be from an old record made in the past :-D

spyke
cyclist
cyclist

Post by spyke » 17 Apr 2012 15:19

dedimania exists since a long time ago ! and may be you're chasing an old record , why not ?!

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 17 Apr 2012 15:48

Well I would like to be chasing the number one Dedi time for each track Spyke. As long as it shows the number one Dedi that is okay. I don't want to be chasing an old Dedi time made a long time ago which might now be number 15 in the Dedimania records.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 17 Apr 2012 17:52

Northern Lights wrote:Well I would like to be chasing the number one Dedi time for each track Spyke. As long as it shows the number one Dedi that is okay. I don't want to be chasing an old Dedi time made a long time ago which might now be number 15 in the Dedimania records.
It works like this:

Dedimania Records:
Individual = the difference between the time you're currently doing and your dedi rec (if you have one for that track)
leader = the difference between the time you're currently doing and the number 1 dedi rec for that track (no matter how long ago or how soon that number 1 rec was set, it will always be the number 1 dedi rec)

Local Records:
Leader = the difference between the time you're currently doing and the number 1 stored record for that track on your server
Individual = the difference between the time you're currently doing and your best time for that track on your server

Hope this clears things up for you!

Northern Lights
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Northern Lights » 17 Apr 2012 18:11

Okay, thanks Ant. ... Delete any of my posts about this subject if you want. I don't wish to make the subject long for people reading it.

It was important to me because I wanted to rename some of the wordings of the plugin related to the records.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 17 Apr 2012 20:13

No problem, i'll leave the posts there though, otherwise the conversation between you and spyke would look a little dis-jointed.