Mistral Aseco

This Aseco flavor by Mistral contains a comprehensive rank system that orders stats by environment, track and author name. It also contains a built-in lottery system.

Moderators: Mistral, TM-Patrol

breach
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMUF/TMNF

Mistral Aseco

Post by breach » 31 Jan 2008 08:26

Hi all,

i have been trying to find Mistrals Aseco mod but no luck. Is it possbile to download somewhere? Can someone help me with a link or PM me a link?

regards // breach

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: Mistral Aseco

Post by nocturne » 31 Jan 2008 15:33

Mistral's Aseco isn't really available anywhere for download, but it gets passed around in certain circles... It's not a mod or plugin as much as it's an alternative version of Aseco, and is not compatible (in any way) with Xymph's newer versions of RASP/Aseco. I haven't used it myself, but it seem the biggest addition is the lottery plugin.

I would imagine the best way to get it.. would be to ask Mistral.

breach
cyclist
cyclist

Post by breach » 31 Jan 2008 19:51

Well, i have disabled the lotteryplugin in the Jfreu/aseco version i´m using now. I have also disabled voting so thats of no interest to me.
I am looking for a working IDLEkick and a stable Recordsystem package of any kind. Preferably where i have the database within reach (not dedimania or similar) i want to be able to hsot the DB myself.

I am thinking of going back to Aseco/rasp that i used before Jfreus.

tnx for your answer Nocturne and i´ll try to get in touch with mistral.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 31 Jan 2008 23:50

Well, mistral's idlekick aseco plugin has been in Xymph's aseco/rasp since the first list I believe, and the original can still be found on http://www.die-webber.com/ I believe.

As far as the recordsystem goes, I'd imagine you'd be using the standard localdb aseco plugin, which has remained relatively untouched since aseco .61b (same as in mistral's, afaik).

So basically, your choices: Xymph's aseco (feature rich, or bloated, depending on your tastes), mistral's aseco (based on aseco .61b, with a few more features), or the original aseco .61b w/ rasp (a little barebones, but a clean slate to do whatever you want). Other than that, their is FAST, which is comparable to the classic aseco.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 01 Feb 2008 00:21

breach wrote:Well, i have disabled the lotteryplugin in the Jfreu/aseco version i´m using now. I have also disabled voting so thats of no interest to me.
I am looking for a working IDLEkick and a stable Recordsystem package of any kind. Preferably where i have the database within reach (not dedimania or similar) i want to be able to host the DB myself.

I am thinking of going back to Aseco/rasp that i used before Jfreus.
Just to clear something up... Jfreu's plugin for Aseco on TMN never included a lottery, that was in Aseco-Jfreu-89.1% for TMU. I've also never heard of an Aseco by Mistral for TMN, but there appears to be one for TMU.
So are you looking for a TMN or TMU system? nocturne seem to think it's TMN, but to me it sounds like TMU... it's better to always mention in your first post which game you're talking about.
nocturne wrote:Well, mistral's idlekick aseco plugin has been in Xymph's aseco/rasp since the first list I believe, and the original can still be found on http://www.die-webber.com/ I believe.
It's right here on the forums.
nocturne wrote:As far as the recordsystem goes, I'd imagine you'd be using the standard localdb aseco plugin, which has remained relatively untouched since aseco .61b (same as in mistral's, afaik).

So basically, your choices: Xymph's aseco (feature rich, or bloated, depending on your tastes), mistral's aseco (based on aseco .61b, with a few more features), or the original aseco .61b w/ rasp (a little barebones, but a clean slate to do whatever you want). Other than that, their is FAST, which is comparable to the classic aseco.
Remember that my Aseco doesn't have to be bloated if that's not your taste, you can strip a lot of the plugins. :P The core system is still improved over the original v0.61b/v0.7.

Anyway, for TMU your choices are AsecoTMU + RASP2, or FAST.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 01 Feb 2008 17:26

Well, I took a look at the mistral aseco I have (have it from helping somebody get their tmu server up), and it seems to be based on aseco .61b and rasp 1.2a, but has been edited to used manialink and has a lot of extra info plugins (plus mistral's autotime and idlekick).

It's not mine to pass around, and it's customized for the intended server anyways. As Xymph said, your choices are the tmu versions of aseco+rasp and fast, but also Aseco .61b can be ran on TMU (without manialink) (pretty sure that's not the case in the Xymph releases, at least in some plugins like jfreu and globalstats).

If you want to see Mistral's aseco it in action, I'm pretty sure it's running on the ~GamesNirvana~ tmu server in germany.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 01 Feb 2008 22:11

nocturne wrote:If you want to see Mistral's aseco it in action, I'm pretty sure it's running on the ~GamesNirvana~ tmu server in germany.
If i remember correctly, it's also running on Mistral World Selection (WS).

breach
cyclist
cyclist

Post by breach » 05 Feb 2008 09:25

To clear my question up abit. I am looking for a TMU system.

I have been running and testing most of the Aseco versions. Aseco, Aseco/Rasp, aseco/jfreu on my swedish TMU server. I play Mistral WS regularly so i know what it looks like and how it works ingame.
Therefor my question.. :)

I am a poor PHP coder and i dont have much knowledge in the ManiaLink framwork to cusomise Aseco myself. This would take me years since i mainly work with Microsoft technologies.

But i guess my question is answered, Mistrals Aseco mod is passed on to thoose who have earned it or somehow can contribute to the developing of it :)

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 05 Feb 2008 16:49

That there isnt a downloadlink, doesnt mean you cant get it ... be creative ;)

Just imagine who can give it to you and what kind of data he needs to deliver it ;)

Fleckman
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU

Post by Fleckman » 05 Feb 2008 18:35

loooooool :1010

breach
cyclist
cyclist

Post by breach » 06 Feb 2008 12:47

Tnx, Mistral that was fast.

I guess i am going to have to give this some thought thou on the installationprocedure. I have an old installation with loads of records and stuff that i would like to keep and migrate it to this the MistralMod.
I tried the fast one and just updated the database and configged the system as needed. Started it and it got up and running.

But, after a round gets finnished and changing track the console says script timeout exceed amount of time and gives an error from mistral.main.php file on lines 634 and somtimes after 670 The console says building mistral_wins

I dropped the databse and built a new one from the newdbfile. Started it and worked fine.

Another problem in both cases are that ingame trying to click TopPlayers i get XMLRCP error -510 invalid UTF-8 initial byte and the system shuts down

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 06 Feb 2008 16:53

breach wrote:But, after a round gets finnished and changing track the console says script timeout exceed amount of time and gives an error from mistral.main.php file on lines 634 and somtimes after 670 The console says building mistral_wins

I dropped the databse and built a new one from the newdbfile. Started it and worked fine.

Another problem in both cases are that ingame trying to click TopPlayers i get XMLRCP error -510 invalid UTF-8 initial byte and the system shuts down
1. Like in the readme: Press Clean&Save once (will create mistral_wins table)
2. Delete all nicknames from players table - check if its UTF8

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 06 Feb 2008 19:10

Hi I have a littler probleme with your mod olso not really a probleme but it can be bothering.

When I restart a track as an admin I skip the next track in the jukebox :| .

İs it like this because I modified something I shouln't have ???

THANKS
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 06 Feb 2008 19:53

oliverde8 wrote:Hi I have a littler probleme with your mod olso not really a probleme but it can be bothering.

When I restart a track as an admin I skip the next track in the jukebox :| .

İs it like this because I modified something I shouln't have ???

THANKS
You are not skipping it ... its the next track ... after the jukebox ^^ (restart sux)

breach
cyclist
cyclist

Post by breach » 07 Feb 2008 15:26

Mistral wrote:1. Like in the readme: Press Clean&Save once (will create mistral_wins table)
2. Delete all nicknames from players table - check if its UTF8
Thats a bit strange. I cant seem to find that part in the read me file where it says Clean&Save? But anyhow, i acutally did that first anyway :) as i like to fiddle on buttons and stuff.
I deleted the NickNames, and it was not UTF 8 changed it to UTF8 and its working fine. But why delete the nicks?

But i am abit puzzled thou. I am now running this on a MySql 4.* server becouse i dont seem to be able to connect to the MySql 5.1 server i have access to. I guess this is not a great solution in the long run? or? Can it work?