Dedimania Plugin

This Aseco flavor by Mistral contains a comprehensive rank system that orders stats by environment, track and author name. It also contains a built-in lottery system.

Moderators: Mistral, TM-Patrol

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Dedimania Plugin

Post by Mistral » 12 May 2008 19:47

I was pressing the XASECO dedimania stuff into my script... somehow ... i dont think ill finish this.

First it wasnt working and i was searching for errors in the implementation, communication, adaption ... didnt find anything.

All the sudden it was working ... sometimes.

It really looks like the dedimaniaserver is far away from being reliable. Also the script seems not really to care if data returns. Probably its normal you dont get any response.

Im not developing for this platform, i think.

TGJ
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU-F, TM²-C+S+V
Manialink(s): zirpel

Re: Dedimania Plugin

Post by TGJ » 31 May 2008 12:18

Hi,

I saw a Server with "Mistral Aseco" and working Dedimania.
But only shown in the chat. There are no windows with e.g. 1-10 Place.
The server is "SpaceRace" located in Canada/Quebec.

Maybe this helps.

TGJ

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 31 May 2008 16:20

Mistral wrote:I was pressing the XASECO dedimania stuff into my script... somehow ... i dont think ill finish this.

First it wasnt working and i was searching for errors in the implementation, communication, adaption ... didnt find anything.

All the sudden it was working ... sometimes.

It really looks like the dedimaniaserver is far away from being reliable. Also the script seems not really to care if data returns. Probably its normal you dont get any response.
You never asked me infos about the dedimania support, and i guess you did not asked to Xymph either. Perhaps you are just not calling the $webaccess->select(); regulary or some other thing.
The call is asynchronous, repeated if needed (but data can be lost if several consecutive tries fail, but it can happen only if the server become really unresponsive), and a callback function is called when the response come, eventually with errors or warning infos.

You are not forced to use web_access.inc.php and xmlrpc_db.inc.php. You can use just web_access, or you can build your own http/xmlrpc call. Btw web_access support http compression, http keepalive, http cookies, http hunks, etc., so finally Xymph found easier to use it.

Actually the dedimania server is responsive, so if you get no reply then you have a problem in your client code, or you send bad data. At least you should have disabled webaccess compressions and use wireshark to look the data you really sent, if the reply really came or not, etc.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 31 May 2008 19:17

hmm ... ok, im going to answer

1. you guess wrong
2. it was no error in my (xymphs) code, it was workting one day, not another. Debug data was quiet nice.
3. if dedimania is responsive again, congrats ... it wasn't, weeks ago, while i gave it a try.
4. if someone has a working plugin for my script - thank you - i don't have the time right now to give it a second try.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 01 Jun 2008 11:25

Mistral wrote:3. if dedimania is responsive again, congrats ... it wasn't, weeks ago, while i gave it a try.
4. if someone has a working plugin for my script - thank you - i don't have the time right now to give it a second try.
So you tested at end of april/beginning of may ? if you had asked you would had known that the old server was totally overloaded and so really not reliable, that's true. The new one (since may 13) is far more responsive with 450 connected servers than the old with 150...

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 01 Jun 2008 12:04

Slig wrote:So you tested at end of april/beginning of may ? if you had asked you would had known that the old server was totally overloaded and so really not reliable, that's true. The new one (since may 13) is far more responsive with 450 connected servers than the old with 150...
Yes it was beginning of may ... i asked (and i even read the thread about it ;)) ... i knew ... all knew ... your server is fine now ... we know ... i still dont have time to give it a second try ^^.

I am not really sure what we are discussing here ^^

Goglu2
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Goglu2 » 01 Jun 2008 19:09

TGJ wrote:Hi,

I saw a Server with "Mistral Aseco" and working Dedimania.
But only shown in the chat. There are no windows with e.g. 1-10 Place.
The server is "SpaceRace" located in Canada/Quebec.

Maybe this helps.

TGJ
Space Race and my server we use Mistral Aseco, but we modified "Fast" to output only in the chat without any manialink to disturb Aseco, that's why you saw Aseco with Dedimania.

Thanks to both Mistral and Slig for the work they have done.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 02 Jun 2008 12:51

Mistral wrote:I am not really sure what we are discussing here ^^
I was trying to understand your "dedimaniaserver is far away from being reliable" sentence, and willing to try to fix it if it was an actual problem, nothing more. ;)

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 02 Jun 2008 17:16

you droped the "looks like" ;) ... anyway: deal :)