Onyx V2

Onyx with its NyxServer is a plugin container written in java. Nyx plugins are simple javascript text files and can be added and removed on the fly. Some plugins: TMX, Dedimania, NextMapInfo, CopperDonation and many more.

Moderators: PaGaisu, Vegeta, TM-Patrol

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Onyx V2

Post by PaGaisu » 13 Jan 2007 23:34

After a long period of developement, Onyx V2 is ready and is released today.
No license or key needed with this new version, unlimited download.

What is Onyx V2 ?

Onyx is an internet application written in Java. It consists of an update engine as well as a plugin engine.
The onyx distribution for Trackmania manages a nadeo dedicated server and the scriptnyx language.

The dedicated server is the latest one and you will be always up to date thanks to the automatic update.
The scriptnyx language reached the version 2 too. With this, you will be able to write scripts easily to customize your server as you wish.
There are already lots of available scripts.

Who is Onyx V2 for ?

- For basic users who need to run a quick dedicated server time to time without annoying configuration.
The Desktop Edition is made for you, provided with an user interface.

- For administrators who need to install a nadeo server on their linux/windows servers.
The Server Edition is made for you. You will be able to start it with ssh.

- For developpers who like to add features to the nadeo server or add a full plugin to Onyx.
If you are interested in creating some scripts to add features to the nadeo server:
The language Scriptnyx has been developed only for that.
Here are links to website related to ScriptNyx:
Home Page
Latest SciptNyx
Language Specification
ScriptNyx API
Share Your ScriptNyx
If you want to develop a java application and to add it to Onyx v2 as a plugin
The Onyx SDK will help you to do that, Onyx SDK
and use the contact details so that we can add your plugin to all Onyx V2 clients.

What are the Onyx V2 features ?

* Onyx V2 has all the classic features which are included in any controllers (Next, Start, Restart, Add Challenges, Set games Infos, Set Server Options, ...). Onyx V2 is compatible with all the controllers.

* As well, Onyx V2 can get the features of the scriptnyx created by the community.
But here are some of the possible features:
- Random Mode (randommode.nyx):
This script will change the mode of the server randomly (TA, Round Team) at the end of each challenge.
- GuessNumber (guessnumber.nyx):
The rule is simple. Guess a number between 1 and 1000. The script will tell you if it s more or less.
- SortPlaylist (sortplaylist.nyx):
This script will sort your playlist in order to alternate the environnements on your server.
- badwords (badwords.nyx):
Fed up of rude words on your server, use this script, people will get kick as soon as a bad word is detected.
- LimitAdaptator (limitadaptator.nyx):
This script recalculate the time limit in time attack mode or point limit in rounds mode for each map.
- LoadLastConfig (loadlastconfig.nyx):
The purpose of this script is to load the last configuration of your server and to start it exactly at the same map it was stopped.
- MapInfo (mapinfo.nyx):
This script returns a lot of info of the current challenge and the five next challenges.
- Control (control.nyx):
This script will enable you to control your server from the in-game chat. (Restart, Next, SetGameMode, Kick ...)
- Jukebox (jukebox.cyx):
This script will transform your server in a Track Jukebox (Tracks coming from Trackmania Exchange).
- Dedimania (dedimania.cyx):
This script will manage records and will be linked to the Dedimania database record server. http://dedimania.com
- RSS (rss.nyx):
This script will enable to display RSS feed on the in-game chat every n minutes.
- Word Hider (wordhider.nyx):
This script take a random word from an English dictionary on the internet, hides characters and makes them appear one by one every 30 sec until somebody finds it.
- Word Mixer (wordmixer.nyx):
This script take a random word from an English dictionary on the internet, mix characters and it s up to players to guess it by putting characters in the right order.
- Dictionary (dictionary.nyx):
This script will display the definition of a word. Type '/dict word'
many more on scriptnyx.dndnetworks.com...
You can also have some script generated online You will need a server nadeo login to access them at http://scriptnyx.dndnetworks.com
- Theme (theme.nyx.php):
Customize your server with your own messages (when a player enters, leaves, finishes the map, ...)
- Bind (bind.nyx.php):
Binding is a process by which you attach a text to a key shortcut. Example: Typing /gg into the in-game chat displays Good Game.
You will be able to create your binds, to share them with the community, to choose some amongst the ones created by others, to preview them ...

How do i control my Onyx V2 ?

Onyx V2 is fully compatible with all controllers (OnyxController, TMWeb, RemoteCP, ServerMania ...)
Use one of them in order to set the server options (name, comment, max player...), game info (mode, Pt limit, chat time, ...), and to add challenges.
If you need to manage scriptnyx remotely (add/remove), OnyxController can do it.
With the dedimania script installed and activated on your Onyx, you will be able to see it on Dedimania site.

Where do i get Onyx V2 ?

You can go to the official website: http://www.onyx-software.com
and go to the section Download.
2 Onyx Distributions:
- a Desktop Edition (provided with a scriptnyx engine and an user interface)
- a Server Edition (provided with a scriptnyx engine but no user interface)
Choose the one which fits to your needs.

Where can i have more information ?

Information about projects managed by DnD Networks:
DnD Networks Website: http://www.dndnetworks.com
Information about Onyx:
Onyx Website: http://www.onyx-software.com
Information about the Scriptnyx language:
Home Page, Latest SciptNyx, Language Specification, ScriptNyx API, Share Your ScriptNyx
All about Dedicated server tools:
Dedimania website
Report bugs and submit suggestions and find many tutorials related to Onyx V2 in the Dedimania forum:
Dedimania forum

************************** Release 11/02/2007 ***************************************

A menu has been integrated on Onyx servers.
This menu has for purpose to remove chat command and to replace it by a click
The menu will appear like this:
You click on it and the menu will open:

The content of the menu depends on the scripts you have activated on your onyx.
So far, the following scripts are adding buttons to the menu: Control V2.cyx, TMX.cyx, Dedimania.cyx, SetNextMap.nyx, DediVote.cyx, StuntRec.cyx, and the online generated scriptnyx bind.nyx.php.
Soon, others are coming or will be upgraded...

Some screenshots of new scriptnyx:
TMX Search on TMX and add it as next on the playlist
Bind keyboard shortcut
Control next, restart, change game mode ...
Dedivote vote for the map, and look at vote results
Dedimania record manager

How to add a button in the menu: (for scriptnyx developper)
Home page: http://scriptnyx.dndnetworks.com

Here is the set of functions you need to know:
dnd.addHelpContent will add a category on the help manialink page for your script
- title: title of the category
- content: explanation
dnd.addManialinkPage will add a manialink page on the screen
- id: string to identify your manianlink
- xml: your xml manialink
- login: login player where to send the manialink (if login="", it will be sent to all players)
dnd.closeManialinkPage
- id: string to identify your manianlink
- login: login player (if login="", it will be closed on all players screen)
dnd.addUIServerCommand
- label: the label of the button
- login: login player (if "", all players)

To handle the answer of the menu, implement the onServerCommand callback Method.
List of the callbacks at the 1st page of the doc

(More infos and examples at the API documentation page)
Last edited by PaGaisu on 12 Feb 2007 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 14 Jan 2007 08:58

FINALY ive been wating to use this for ages
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

Bilge
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Bilge » 14 Jan 2007 10:46

Could you please distribute a compiled version of the server editing for Windows. I refuse to install Java SDK on Windows ever again.

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by PaGaisu » 14 Jan 2007 10:55

You dont need the SDK but the Java Runtime Envirronment (JRE).

Onyx is a java application, it cant be recompiled in C, it need the JRE to run.

Bilge
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Bilge » 14 Jan 2007 19:58

Damn, it's been a long time since I worked with Java. Thank God. What I meant, however, was could you please compile the app instead of chaining java from a batch file so that it runs as a proper Windows app.

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by PaGaisu » 15 Jan 2007 23:01

If u choose the windows desktop edition of Onyx, u ll get a msi file (microsoft installation file) which will install Onyx on the directory of your choice and will set up everything for you (Start Menu and icon on the desktop).
If u take a look in the directory where Onyx is installed, u ll see that the main executable is not a batch file but a proper windows executable file ;)

so, no worries Bilge and just click on the icon Onyx :D

Bilge
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Bilge » 15 Jan 2007 23:37

If I was using the desktop edition then I imagine that I would have known that. Notice that I am interested in the server edition, though. In my earlier post I mistyped "server edition" as "server editing" for some reason.

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by PaGaisu » 16 Jan 2007 21:56

The Server Edition is provided without interface (so use the console) because some server does not have any window manager. :s

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by PaGaisu » 22 Jan 2007 20:29

Update [23/01/2007]:
Scriptnyx changes:
- the dnd.getChallengeAt(0) in scriptnyx has been fixed
- the dnd.getLength() in scriptnyx return the right value in TMO/S/N with server even with more than 150 maps.

NEW Scriptnyx added:
- StuntRec (by koko): will manage your stunt record
- DediChat (by Vegeta): will link your server chat to a common chat with other servers.
- OnyxServerNetwork API (by Vegeta): API in order to create a network of server (control the network, get infomation on each server of the network)
- Onyx Infos Reporter (by Vegeta): use this package to display information of your server on your own website.
- String API (by PaGaisu): API to manipulate string (replace and basename functions)
- Train&Fight (by koko): first Time Attack mode to train, then the server restarts on Round mode for the match.

To update your onyx, you need to reboot your onyx.
At the start-up, the onyx update engine will download the latest libraries and plug ins.

milllan
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by milllan » 23 Jan 2007 15:40

Team mode should use same records as Rounds ... jukebox scriptinx should be fixed so it doesnt delete maplist :)
g.Serbia.miןlan ®

http://www.myspace.com/milllan

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by PaGaisu » 23 Jan 2007 22:43

dedimania script desactivate records in Team mode because this mode is often used for official match and ppl dont want to be disturbs by annoying bot chat.

There is a full new version of Jukebox coming soon and much more powerful ;), it will be only for TMU.
i will warn here when it s done ;)

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 23 Jan 2007 22:49

PaGaisu wrote:dedimania script desactivate records in Team mode because this mode is often used for official match and ppl dont want to be disturbs by annoying bot chat.
Well, no PaG, Dedimania don't desactivate Team records but consider them as Rounds ones if sent. Anyway it's true than people in match can prefer not having records infos visible.

PaGaisu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by PaGaisu » 24 Jan 2007 19:52

Slig, i was talking about the script dedimania ;).
I know the record server can handle records made in team mode. Anyway, I just chose not to report them in team mode in order to let ppl focus on their match :D

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 24 Jan 2007 21:28

PaGaisu wrote:Slig, i was talking about the script dedimania ;).
Oooops, confused by the name :? anyway it's the same name :P ;)

Never
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Never » 24 Jan 2007 22:13

Which programs do I need for Onyx to save the records on my Onyx-dedicated server? Do you know any tutorial about the installaion of onyx? I dunno anything about this program. :(