ServerMania General Discussion [v1.00 - 26/10/11]

This is the forum for ServerMania which is a graphical dedicated server controller software written in .NET framework.

Moderators: Cyrlaur, TM-Patrol

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU
Manialink(s): Cyrlaur

Post by Cyrlaur » 14 Feb 2006 21:58

Di9 wrote:hi, i create ded server, all ok.
i connect to server from TMN and i see error: 10061 8(
please help me//
You'll have to set the server port to something else than the one use for client connection (try 2352 or 400 or whatever ... for server port)
But it may not work if your router can't deals with the redirection of your own IP. Then just connect through the LAN.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 16 Feb 2006 15:44

i've been trying to get servermania to work on my win2000 computer (atm in another country, so via remote desktop :) )

but it shows me the following error on startup:

i can launch the program if i let it ignore it, i then configured everything as required, but it keeps saying "can't find the server", and sometimes when returning to the server tab i once again get that exception (but only in a little box with ok to continue, not with all the explanation)
and i'm doing this remotely, so it's going pretty slow, i don't have time to experiment endlessly to get this to work...

i installed the .net framework linked to in the first post of the topic.....

Johnnny
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Johnnny » 17 Feb 2006 14:54

Where i can get TMServerData.zip??? - Sorry about that i was too fast :D
Now im looking for tuto...
Last edited by Johnnny on 17 Feb 2006 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Cyrlaur » 17 Feb 2006 15:14

Just read FAQ here or on ServerMania website or ReadMe include within the program ;)
(by the way just go to download section of the website :mrgreen: ;))

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 17 Feb 2006 15:31

Cyrlaur wrote:Just read FAQ here or on ServerMania website or ReadMe include within the program ;)
(by the way just go to download section of the website :mrgreen: ;))
got any clue how to resolve the error i'm seeing?
i've also launched servermania on this pc (win xp) and see the startbutton is active, even when nothing has been set, and on the win2k pc it's never active...

Johnnny
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Johnnny » 17 Feb 2006 15:39

Error: Root element is missin What i do next :?

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Cyrlaur » 17 Feb 2006 16:20

Racemaniac wrote:got any clue how to resolve the error i'm seeing?
i've also launched servermania on this pc (win xp) and see the startbutton is active, even when nothing has been set, and on the win2k pc it's never active...
As I know it's due to not filled options (if you don't have set options for TMO or TMS for exemple) but I'm not sure as I don't have it. Try to set all options for each 3 games (TMO/TMS/TMN) even if there are wrong (always point to TMN stuff for exemple if you only use TMN).
Johnnny wrote:Error: Root element is missin What i do next :?
You should have some process already using port 5000. Try to see wich one it is by using "Start > Execute > netstat -b" (if it works for someone else than me :P) and find which one is using port 5000. Then kill this process if it's not critical system process (be aware of what you do there :)) and try again.
By the way next version will allow to choose a différent xmlrpc listen port than default 5000 one ;)

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 17 Feb 2006 17:20

Cyrlaur wrote:
Racemaniac wrote:got any clue how to resolve the error i'm seeing?
As I know it's due to not filled options (if you don't have set options for TMO or TMS for exemple) but I'm not sure as I don't have it. Try to set all options for each 3 games (TMO/TMS/TMN) even if there are wrong (always point to TMN stuff for exemple if you only use TMN).
Johnnny wrote:Error: Root element is missin What i do next :?
You should have some process already using port 5000. Try to see wich one it is by using "Start > Execute > netstat -b" (if it works for someone else than me :P) and find which one is using port 5000. Then kill this process if it's not critical system process (be aware of what you do there :)) and try again.
By the way next version will allow to choose a différent xmlrpc listen port than default 5000 one ;)
it happens when starting up the program, not when doing something, before anything at all appears the error displays.

and unlike when i open the program on this pc (win xp), the start button isn't active when i start the program, and never is, even if i fill in all the options, and it'll always say it can't find the server...

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Cyrlaur » 17 Feb 2006 17:36

it say "Could not find server" (that is right as server is not started) and Start command is disabled ? :?
If you it refresh button on Server tab it's still disabled ? :D

I don't really see what's wrong ... seems like there is many strange things happens on win2000 :lol: :o

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 17 Feb 2006 17:43

Cyrlaur wrote:it say "Could not find server" (that is right as server is not started) and Start command is disabled ? :?
If you it refresh button on Server tab it's still disabled ? :D

I don't really see what's wrong ... seems like there is many strange things happens on win2000 :lol: :o
well, if i start a server, no change either...
i've tried all i could, nothing happened and the nullpointer exception kept appearing :s

Johnnny
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Johnnny » 17 Feb 2006 21:51

Is there tuto anywhere about this? What files i need 2 config there? :?

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Cyrlaur » 17 Feb 2006 23:06

hmm let's begin by that : Start > Execute > type "cmd" > type "netstat -b"
Then look at wich line (wich exe) deals with port "5000" or at least post screen of the result.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 17 Feb 2006 23:14

Cyrlaur wrote:hmm let's begin by that : Start > Execute > type "cmd" > type "netstat -b"
Then look at wich line (wich exe) deals with port "5000" or at least post screen of the result.
yeah, that might very well be it, by default the listening to rpc-xml commands is disabled. but it doesn't explain why the startbutton is always gray, and whhy i get the nullpointer exception. i mean on ly other pc when i start it with no server running, i get no error and the startbutton is active!!

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Cyrlaur » 17 Feb 2006 23:23

It was an answer for Johnnny ;)
As I said I don't no what's wrong for the error you have on your win2000 PC ...

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 17 Feb 2006 23:59

Cyrlaur wrote:It was an answer for Johnnny ;)
As I said I don't no what's wrong for the error you have on your win2000 PC ...
could it be some different dll somewhere or so?
the stacktrace goes from mainform trough quite a few classes from windows.form, and ends in windows.form.nativewindow.callback