SeverMania - 3 Server problems/questions.

This is the forum for ServerMania which is a graphical dedicated server controller software written in .NET framework.

Moderators: Cyrlaur, TM-Patrol

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

SeverMania - 3 Server problems/questions.

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 04 Jul 2009 16:39

1. SOLVED (for so far)
I configured my server and try to connect. Error appears: Could not connect......... If I press 'retry' there, it just starts. But at server status it says: waiting. What do I have to do?

How do I create the match setting file? I heard that I have to start TM and then choose tracks, server options etc. and press 'Save .......'. So I did that, but if I try to open that file in ServerMania as MatchSettings file, I don't see that file. It just dissappears. But in TM I can see it. How can I solve this, or what did I do wrong?

How do I get on my server, and how can other people come on my server? If I click the 'Join Server' button in ServerMania it gives an alert which says: Error: Access Denied.
How can I solve this?

Sorry for these noob questions, servermania is completely new to me.
Anyone help plz :(
Really thanks!

Elmigo
Last edited by ElmigoAlmere on 18 Jul 2009 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

jdek
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: SeverMania - 3 Server problems/questions.

Post by jdek » 07 Jul 2009 09:15

Hello,
I think you have a problem with your server. Could you join it with trackmania ? Check your firewall too. Is your server running on your computer, behind a router, on Linux or Windows ?
You have to check the xmlrcp ports used in your server configuration, and to active it.
for example :
<xmlrpc_port>1532</xmlrpc_port>
<xmlrpc_allowremote>True</xmlrpc_allowremote>

and in the configuration of servermania, you have to use the port (1532 or another, but the same).

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver

Re: SeverMania - 3 Server problems/questions.

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 07 Jul 2009 17:19

jdek wrote:Hello,
I think you have a problem with your server. Could you join it with trackmania ? Check your firewall too. Is your server running on your computer, behind a router, on Linux or Windows ?
You have to check the xmlrcp ports used in your server configuration, and to active it.
for example :
<xmlrpc_port>1532</xmlrpc_port>
<xmlrpc_allowremote>True</xmlrpc_allowremote>

and in the configuration of servermania, you have to use the port (1532 or another, but the same).
(Server is running on my computer, with Windows XP professional). Thx for this reaction.. Its clear to me, and I'm going to try it.. Thank you!

Elmigo

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver

ServerMania: Firewall, what do I have to do with it?

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 18 Jul 2009 17:09

Hello everybody.
I know that I have to configure my server about firewall, and I have to do something with firewall to let my server run. Can someone tell me please exactly and as clear as you can, what I have to do with firewall? :oops: If you ask me what I have to do with firewall to let my server run, I totally don't know what you are talking about, so thats why I'm asking this.

Well, thx anyways!

Elmigo