Mania Planet 2

This is the forum for ServerMania which is a graphical dedicated server controller software written in .NET framework.

Moderators: Cyrlaur, TM-Patrol

intrepid_war
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN TM2

Mania Planet 2

Post by intrepid_war » 04 Jul 2012 22:37

I can't get my server running on the new update. I know it's only the beta and all that jazz but there are servers running so why can't I get mine. I keep getting an errorthat says "cannot connect to server. Title unknown" Now

I've downloaded the new server and I know I have to change the /title to TMCanyon. Only thing is where to put the new title.

Thanks in advance.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: Mania Planet 2

Post by Alinoa » 06 Jul 2012 12:39

What do you mean by "Only thing is where to put the new title"?
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU
Manialink(s): Cyrlaur

Post by Cyrlaur » 06 Jul 2012 12:54

I think he mean the "/title=TMCanyon" argument that is needed to start the server with the correct game.

ServerMania already include this for you.
I'll check if it works, but from what I've read nothing has to be done on tool side.

EDIT :
It works with last dedicated server.
But don't use the "join server" button in ServerMania.
Actually I don't know if ManiaPlanet Protocol supports any title option.

intrepid_war
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN TM2

Post by intrepid_war » 20 Jul 2012 02:52

thanks for the replies. I have since fixed the issue and no longer have the title unknown error. I just added this before the pacmask thing. So the cfg now looks like this.

</blacklist_filename>
<title>TMCanyon</title>
<packmask>0x0FFFFFFF</packmask>
<allow_spectator_relays>False</allow_spectator_relays>
<use_proxy>False</use_proxy>
<proxy_login>
</proxy_login>
<proxy_password>
</proxy_password>
</system_config>
</dedicated>

I don't understand how changing the hide value to 1 will open up the server to traffic when it says in the cfg this

<hide_server>0</hide_server>
<!-- value is 0 (always shown), 1 (always hidden), 2 (hidden from nations) -->

So is this wrong? Should I set the value to one? Because even still others cannot join the server. I have been playing on it for a few weeks now and setting dedi times but nobody can join.

I have windows firewall turned off. My router set to low. All ports are open. I set a virtual server on my router and opened ports 2350, 3450, 5000 for tcp and udp and gave the ip of my pc. Checked on port checker and they are all open.

In the canyon configure/network I set my external ip and 2350 and checked use local address. So I followed all the tutorial steps to the letter and still nobody can join the server. I even tried it with all firewalls off and still nobody could join except me. I have ranfg my isp and they sent me a new router. Still nobody can join the server. I give up.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 20 Jul 2012 10:44

I advise you to go on the maniaplanet forums and then to do a search and if you don't find any solution, please start a new thread to be helped. Players having maniaplanet games don't often post here.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin