TrackMania Forever rules of ladder and formula

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Re: TrackMania Forever rules of ladder

Post by TheM » 09 May 2010 08:19

Alinoa wrote:The ladders points won on a Trackmania United Forever server are now multiplied by 1,5 instead of 2. This new dichotomy should enable to get a better balance between all environments. First post edited.
Good point.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: TrackMania Forever rules of ladder (edited 2010/03/11)

Post by Alinoa » 25 Nov 2010 11:04

Ladder rules have been edited on 2010/11/23:

-envimix tracks only allowed for 0/60k servers
-For RoC servers :
-> at least 4 rounds
-> tracks should become from different environments for the United servers
The RoC admins already knew these rules, so that's not a big change for them.

And the ladder points won on TrackMania United Forever servers are now multiplied by 1,4 instead of 1,5.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 25 Nov 2010 11:24

Thanks for the update Alinoa :thumbsup:

Appreciate the clarifications :D

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 27 Nov 2010 13:13

Alinoa wrote:Ladder rules have been edited on 2010/11/23:
-For RoC servers :
-> at least 4 rounds
-> tracks should become from different environments for the United servers
The RoC admins already knew these rules, so that's not a big change for them.
This sounds awesome. Finally no boring "only island/only coast" servers \o/
Alinoa wrote:Ladder rules have been edited on 2010/11/23:
And the ladder points won on TrackMania United Forever servers are now multiplied by 1,4 instead of 1,5.
This i don't like =)But i don't care about it either, aslong as the ratio between united and nations isn't 1:1 (eventhough i would prefere to score united stadium with a higher ratio than nation stadium, but a little less than the other united environments).

e.g.
Island,Coast,Bay,Rally,Snow,Desert 1.4
stadium united 1.3
stadium nations 1

Guess this would result in a few more TMU sales by nation ladder drivers and on united ROC servers also stadium would be played a little bit more frequently :thumbsup:

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 28 Nov 2010 13:20

Alinoa wrote: -> tracks should become from different environments for the United servers
I wish this would also apply to 90k. The same way you cant play laps or stunts etc on 90k it would be good if there were no single enviro servers.

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 28 Nov 2010 16:04

What about that the maps shouldn't come only from one environemt, but also the same amount of maps from each environment?
Because now there are servers which habe 6 maps from different environments and the other are only one (e.g. 8 coast or island maps).

rapidoraton
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by rapidoraton » 27 Feb 2011 17:54

Hello together,

If I wrote at a wrong place switch it to another then I know where I have to write for the future.
It´s the first post.

Ok, let´s beginning .

I read many sites and posts but I got a little bit confused, so many rules.

I got since 2008 two servers running. Sometimes 3.

Now I reactivated the third one.
All easy, I thought.
Server tmuf , Xaseco, Fufi tools etc. the full programm.

I imagined and have it done, that the server runs in cup mode with coast tracks.
I like this mode, the only one with finalist, very interesting.

But when the race starts I receive a message
that the server is not registered for the ladder.
This comes only in cup-mode. The other modes are running fine.
In the rules for 50000 is nothing to read that´s not allowed.
Fine, I could pay coppers for a 20000 to 70000 but who can
give me a garantee that it is right now.
So it´s better to ask before. While, if I made a mistake, the server isn´t running and bye,bye coppers.

Is it possible only with an 90K server .That I couldn´t believe.

Rules I read out:

players 20 ok,

spectators 20 right,

no password for both, for public that I could understand,

0-60000 or 20000-70000 I don´t know,

I would like to try it with 20000 - 60000 for beginning enough.
Can i play then on my own server,I think I owned more then 60k.
no mixed envi´s , I must search hundred of tracks for mixed envis, right length and I must take one from another envi.

Then I must switch off add tracks from TMX, otherwise shorttrack,envimix, bye,bye coppers. :wink:

Have I something forgotten.

Please, please is someone so friendly to explain me what I have to do that the server runs so how I got this.

The Ladder points are not so interested for me, but window away clicking every track is not so really funny. :thumbsup:

Best regards and thank you for helping.

I know my english is terrible, but be happy, that you need not here my fluence. I hope the post sounds friendly that should be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was yesterday.

I think I have understand,
since today 28.02.2011 my first Ladderserver is running 0-60K :)
Its running in rounds-mode.
cup isn´t possible. shame. :(

Best whishes Rapi

zipperke
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmu tms

Post by zipperke » 05 Mar 2011 20:11

hello, i'm the admin of the zero stunt servers.
i do not speak for zero, i speak for myself, just to make this clear.
I can not understand why the rule for environment mix tracks on 80k servers also implies for stunt servers.
This technology made it possible to make a much larger variety of tracks.
Driving a car on an other environment gives you the same amount of points as it would be on its normal environment,
But since you got other kind of blocks, you can let the car do more kinds of stunts.
this is more challenging for the builders and the players and we all love the new possibilities.
You still need to use all your skills to control the car on every environment.
I would like to know why it is forbidden now?
We are using these tracks since june 2010, we all embraced this, isn't it a bit late to start emplying this rule onto the stunt servers now? It was very hard to find this thread in the first place, so how could we know about this rule?
The option to drive cars in other environments should be possible in the game itself, the replay value got enormous now.
You shouldn't fight this, look at what the players love, if we wouldn't love it, we wouldn't use it.
we are the paying costumers in stunting and it is a big community that got very dissapointed now, please reconsider this for stunting mode.
Thank you in advance

yaahooz
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by yaahooz » 06 Mar 2011 16:38

"Some changes for the Tracks length of the +50k servers :
- 40k/80k : length >= 30 seconds"

Hello there,
Can you please help me clarify: does the rule above mean that the time of one lap has to exceed 30 seconds or does that mean the time of the whole race on the 80K server has to exceed 30 seconds?
Example: on our 80K each track has 7 laps. So, do I get it right if I assume the rule above means the combined time of all 7 laps together has to exceed 30 seconds?

Thanks for your help in advance
Want to play on NHF servers? You're most welcome!
Use these links in the Firefox browser:
NHF 50K
tmtp://#addfavourite=pepinoserwer1
NHF 80K
tmtp://#addfavourite=pepinoserwer
NHF 90K
tmtp://#addfavourite=pepinoserwer2

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 07 Mar 2011 07:36

yaahooz wrote:"Some changes for the Tracks length of the +50k servers :
- 40k/80k : length >= 30 seconds"

So, do I get it right if I assume the rule above means the combined time of all 7 laps together has to exceed 30 seconds?
I'm pretty sure that you get it not right. As usually, the time indicator should refer to the gold time of the map. If it would be, like you suggested then you would have seen many short maps on high ranked servers.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 07 Mar 2011 11:34

So, do I get it right if I assume the rule above means the combined time of all 7 laps together has to exceed 30 seconds?
Indeed you understood the rule well :wink:
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 07 Mar 2011 12:55

zipperke wrote:hello, i'm the admin of the zero stunt servers.
i do not speak for zero, i speak for myself, just to make this clear.
I can not understand why the rule for environment mix tracks on 80k servers also implies for stunt servers.
This technology made it possible to make a much larger variety of tracks.
Driving a car on an other environment gives you the same amount of points as it would be on its normal environment,
But since you got other kind of blocks, you can let the car do more kinds of stunts.
this is more challenging for the builders and the players and we all love the new possibilities.
You still need to use all your skills to control the car on every environment.
I would like to know why it is forbidden now?
We are using these tracks since june 2010, we all embraced this, isn't it a bit late to start emplying this rule onto the stunt servers now? It was very hard to find this thread in the first place, so how could we know about this rule?
The option to drive cars in other environments should be possible in the game itself, the replay value got enormous now.
You shouldn't fight this, look at what the players love, if we wouldn't love it, we wouldn't use it.
we are the paying costumers in stunting and it is a big community that got very dissapointed now, please reconsider this for stunting mode.
Thank you in advance
^THIS^

zipperke
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmu tms

Post by zipperke » 14 Mar 2011 23:18

I feel like it's a personal vendetta towards the zero stunt servers
3 servers are now taken down with ladder points
The last one was 2 days online, no environment mix tracks on it.
I asked alinoa about environment swap tracks, this technology is very old and was not spoken of in this rule.
I never got answer.
So the only reason they took my server down was because of a rule the moderators don't understand themself.
There is a big difference between environment mix and swap
You didn't spoke about this in the official rule
So those tracks are allowed by your serverrules
I removed those tracks to avoid future discussions but i'm asking you nicely to restore our servers back to 80k as quick as possible
Easy stunt lottery zero has removed all envy mix tracks a week ago but it is not fixed yet
Zipperkes contest server is 2 days online and we're already got a penalty on our ladder.
don't get me wrong but this feels like a personal grudge towards our server because there are still 80k servers online with envy mix tracks on it.
I have every right now to be angry
I didn't do anything wrong, i just like to stunt and build stunt tracks, and many people love me for it.
so please nadeo, tell me what is going on because i'm clueless.
I'm not a business manager but i think it is stupid to go around upsetting big gamingcommunities without any explanation right before the developer is about to release a new game.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 15 Mar 2011 10:51

@ Zipperke: I sent you a PM.

Regarding your question, we will only allow those tracks for 0/60k servers. We didn't yet set a rule for the swap tracks because we didn't encounter this issue.
There are the main rules set since the ladder setup giving you the ladder philosophy and there are rules added as a result of some TrackMania changes or players' discovers . We can't anticipate all players' inventions and we don't know neither how players' discovers will be used by other players. If players only used the swap tracks for 0/60k servers, a rule would not have been necessary.
We let players customizing TrackMania a lot but we prefer that the ladder represents the best pilots of the standard features of the game. So we are going to edit the ladder rules but won't automatically close servers which don't respect the new rules added contrary to what we usually do. We will first warn players. We will automatically downgrade servers in a few weeks, to let time to players to be informed. Of course, if a server owner has been warned and don't fix quickly this issue, we will downgrade the server.

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 15 Mar 2011 17:01

But wait, background swap doesnt effect in-race physics at all, neither (talking about stunts) can "give" more points.
U could say that it's not a normal feature of the game, but not even blockmix is, though it's allowed in every server (even 100k I think).