TrackMania Forever rules of ladder and formula

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: TrackMania Forever rules of ladder

Post by Xymph » 18 Apr 2009 17:01

thegorbster wrote:how do i upgrade to a amateurs place or serious challengers server?
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18344
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

thegorbster
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by thegorbster » 19 Apr 2009 18:09

Thx Xymph :)

now i have another problem...i sent all the coppers to the dedi server account.
is there a way to get them back..i have tried to login as dedi server and send coppers back to me in a mail, but that don't work :(

thx again for any help :thumbsup:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 19 Apr 2009 18:21

thegorbster wrote:now i have another problem...i sent all the coppers to the dedi server account.
is there a way to get them back..i have tried to login as dedi server and send coppers back to me in a mail, but that don't work :(
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19081
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

thegorbster
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by thegorbster » 21 Apr 2009 00:01

Thanx again Xymph :)
i did search before asking , but there is so many threads about servers i could'nt find what i was asking :roll:
but thanx to your help the server is up and running perfectly :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gorb

floccus
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by floccus » 02 Aug 2009 21:56

Hello guys.

Do cuts are allowed on 'Race of Champions' servers? I have searched forum for RoC rules, but still can't find an answer so i suppose it's your choice how you drive map. Nadeo doesn't say anything about it. You can also agree it would be hard to prove that someone is using cuts, not to mention definition of 'cut'... :)

I'm asking coz i was threatened today (ban) cause of using cut on map (one of RoC server)... Finally i got kicked from server by admin. I just need to be sure about cuts if they are allowed or not before i make post about admins violating rules (kick/ban for a bad reason).

Thx in advance.

Racefox'Manfred
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by Racefox'Manfred » 02 Aug 2009 23:03

On most RoC Servers players don't cut.
But there are still maps with cuts, which the admins didn't know, when they selected them. So they say no cuts as a rule on their server.
I am sure you was warned before you get banned.
I think admins are allowed to ban you for "ONE" RoC because of using unfair cuts after warning. (Because "Noobs" can win so against pros with cuts the other don't know.)
Just stop cutting and drive fair and you wont get a ban for it! ;)
I am sure next RoC you can drive on this server again. If not, then it's against the rules.

But if this is allowed offically I realy don't know.

floccus
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by floccus » 03 Aug 2009 04:05

"So they say no cuts as a rule on their server."

if i say 'no pads/wheels as a rule on my server' would it be ok? (Because "Noobs" can win so against pros with analog controllers the other don't have.)

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 03 Aug 2009 06:45

Don't start talking such a moronism. It's about fair play, even if there aren't rules for it.
If you have honor, then don't cut and still win or get banned by the admin.
And if you aren't able to do that, maybe start thinking about more train or stop driving RoC.

And about the inputdevice. That's not a matter of unfriendliness, that's just a matter of getting better.

floccus
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by floccus » 03 Aug 2009 07:30

moronism? :( mate my 2nd post here was bit ironic to Racefox'Manfreds reply (no offence Racefox'Manfred, ofc i understand what you mean)

i'm always 'smiling' when reading answers like: "(...) And if you aren't able to do that, maybe start thinking about more train or stop driving RoC.", i'm playing united once a week. i have fun on RoC. but seriously don't want to comment your statement...

The point is - everywhere i played (so far) people were cutting including top5 ranked players. And yestarday on that server people were cutting too, but i was the only one who stood against admin threatening...

Cheers.

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by corto-72 » 03 Aug 2009 08:34

From my point of view, I am always a bit dubious about the no cut rule... I fully understand that people want to race fairly and have no issues with that in itself.

But where do 'cutting' starts and ends? Indeed major cut which let you gain too much time is what is targeted, but then why for exemple when you have a up and then downhill, with corners in between, is it ok to jump and 'cut' the corners? That's the one thing I don't really understand personnaly... IMO, it should be all or nothing...

More of a philosophical question than anything else I guess :P

Racefox'Manfred
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by Racefox'Manfred » 03 Aug 2009 09:33

Cuts are following things:
- drive maps in an other way. Other way of taking the cps.
- let out big parts of the map, because one cp is missing in an important part of the map.
- ways which are not thought by the author of the map.

No cuts are:
- in Rally: Jumping over some walls on dirtroads. That is a part of the most maps. BUT, only if those are 90° turns. At 180° turns this would be a cut.

==> Just keep on the road and it'll be ok. You could get banned for the three things I wrote.

If you see top 5 cutting, they only do this, because they don't want to lose against cutters, so they need to cut, too. They will stop if an admin says anything.

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 03 Aug 2009 10:22

RoC maps are not suposed to have cuts, Admins must choose "Big competition tracks", and most of this tracks dont have cuts, and if there are 1 or 2 that have, just remove them from the Map Pack, thats easy! :roll:

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 05 Nov 2009 21:43

Is the new minimum client version feature included on the lastest dedicated server allowed for ladder servers including RoC servers ?
xbx wrote:
  • New configuration to only allow recent client to connect:
    add <minimum_client_build>2009-10-08</minimum_client_build> to the <system_config> section to only allow client supporting the new connection protocol.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 06 Nov 2009 08:26

i think so if you enter the required client versions.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

tm-nascar
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by tm-nascar » 13 Dec 2009 15:04

I still cannot understand why the rules enforce the track size by each lap in seconds! If you make a 20 second lap, but force players to race 10 laps, what is the difference if the track is a 60 second lap and you force players to race 2 laps?

We are desperately trying to make scaled NASCAR tracks in our League, however most of them are 20 to 29 seconds per lap. Sure all of the Super speedway or intermediate tracks go over the 30 seconds, but that means 75% of all of the REAL Nascar tracks, cant be driven on a 80K server. Since we are running 6 to 9 laps on average, why bother with 1 lap regulations? This difference in the amount of time to complete each race should be the concern, right?

Can someone please clarify (explain) why they are regulating the lap times, but are not concerned with the amount of laps?

Hopefully Nadeo and Ubisoft management might realize that of all of the flexibility built into this game, with environments and racing preferences, they are lots of NASCAR type drivers out here. We dont go for flips, jumps or tech tracks. We want all out speed where turning a corner makes or breaks the race.