TrackMania Forever rules of ladder and formula

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: TrackMania Forever rules of ladder

Post by Alinoa » 10 Oct 2008 13:50

Some changes for the Tracks length of the +50k servers :
- 0k/60k : no minimum length required
- 20k/70k : length >= 20 seconds
- 40k/80k : length >= 30 seconds
- 60k/90k : length >= 45 seconds
- 80k/90k : length >= 45 seconds

I also edited the first post.

Fleckman
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU

Post by Fleckman » 10 Oct 2008 15:28

Typo I think:
last one should be 80k/100k, shouldn't it?

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 11 Oct 2008 13:40

Fleckman wrote:Typo I think:
last one should be 80k/100k, shouldn't it?
In the 80-100k servers, the tracks must be validated by Nadeo, so its not a problem of lenght, but validation! Of course i advice all to not send a 20 / 30 or 40 sec. track for validation to put in a 80-100k server, it simply would :pil not be allowded for a RoC Server!

s0xen
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by s0xen » 25 Oct 2008 19:26

Alinoa wrote:Some changes for the Tracks length of the +50k servers :
Does that mean the average time of all track together?
Or the time of every track has to be longer?

I don't know how precise you take it...

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 26 Oct 2008 00:40

s0xen wrote:
Alinoa wrote:Some changes for the Tracks length of the +50k servers :
Does that mean the average time of all track together?
Or the time of every track has to be longer?

I don't know how precise you take it...
The > means greater than and the = means equal to ... hence it means longer or that as a minumum

s0xen
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by s0xen » 26 Oct 2008 11:06

Yeah I am not that dumb.
But still my question is not answered.
But alinoa said: Tracks

I mean:
Track 1: 21 sec
Track 2: 39 sec
Track 3: 17 sec

21+39+17=A
A/3=B

Must "B" be bigger than 30 sec?
Or must Track 1 and Track 3 longer than 30.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 26 Oct 2008 12:15

all tracks must be above, not the average

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 26 Oct 2008 21:34

s0xen wrote:Yeah I am not that dumb.
But still my question is not answered.
But alinoa said: Tracks

I mean:
Track 1: 21 sec
Track 2: 39 sec
Track 3: 17 sec

21+39+17=A
A/3=B

Must "B" be bigger than 30 sec?
Or must Track 1 and Track 3 longer than 30.
if my explanation of greater than didnt make you get it then florents post certainly will :P

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 16 Nov 2008 18:41

O.K.....I'm real new to this discussion. I was away from TMF when the change happened, but managed to work my way up to 90k over the past few weeks. Today was my first experience with the whole ROC, 90/100k server thingy. :?

Overall and for the community I see the benefits/merits, but personally find it lacking. And my next comments come knowing that you'll never please everybody when global scheduling of an event is required :evil: , or if limited resources are available (#of Servers) :(

Logistically, the time frame (Which for me is 10am/1pm est), is personally iffy at best :( . Hard for me to be On-Line and Coherent that early (I usually work till 5-6 am Sunday mornings after a grueling 10-16 hour Saturday Night.
(I know, I know....personal problem :roll: .)

But this AM I got up earlier than usual, made some coffee, and tried :pil . After getting on the "Wrong" server and wasting 1/2 hour shuffling thru the Queue's to get kicked by Admin :twisted: , then joining another server for another 1/2 hour with no queue :arrow: ...Then finally hitting a 3rd server where I almost (Queue 1) got a race in B4 time expired :roflol: .

At least it was a valuable learning experience. What I don't like mainly (Other than time frame), is the limited availablilty of servers/slots.

Now, MEGA CUDO's, :thumbsup: to those teams/individual hosting most of the ones I saw (5 or 6 ?). 2 of the 3 I tried seemed well run, even though I didn't race.

(1 server, mentioned negatively elsewhere in these forums, I won't bother mentioning...I know now.)

But there either needs to be more availability, or a longer time frame, or sumtin. I firmly believe anybody that logs into race during the alloted time, should be able to find a slot available. I spent over an hour and a half 'trying' to race, and that doesn't seem right.

Maybe I'm a little crabby, as this did cut into my sleep today. And I really need to read up more to see if this arguments have been made already, will try again next week...

Spacey
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,
Prounounced with much reverb.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 17 Nov 2008 07:18

SJ practice in ET champs as if your there from the start its certain that youll get to play there at least ...
unlike some RoC server (no mention of the lockin top 6 boosters who ensure they keep therselves there lamely of course lol) we have regular roatation of players and everyone gets a chance.

PS (for nadeo) isnt the top 100 meant to have a calculation to stop players "huddling together" to keep themselves up top? ... because x NFS (tws or twats whatever there called) and F4a have been doing that for weeks now and are still earning points of eachother. So it obviously needs the amount "upping" or is plain not working.

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 25 Jan 2009 15:30

OK...Since my last posty I've gotten over the timing issue some. IE, I can be "Awake" usually at the alotted time. (Can't always race then, as I have other responsibilities usually)

But is the option to force Opponent View (Not able to turn off opponents while racing) an ROC Rule or a server admin option ?...

Indeed, the only time I was ever able to score any points above 90k was on a server some weeks ago that had that option dis-abled. What usually happens now (When I can race) is a slight lag into the first or second corner on most tracks during ROC, then I see the "Field" and it goes to heck in a handbasket for the next couple corners. (does get better after the group spreads out)

My system is 'Dated', but I can usually run 50/70+ fps with no opponents on medium settings. If I turn everything OFF, I get 90/100+ fps...Unless a 'group' of opponents is visible, then it drops to 40fps (bouncy) and I get enough of a stutter to really make it maddening. (yes, I swear at it). And yes, it does get better after the group spreads out, but by that time I'm straggling along...

Yes...I re-re-re checked just about everything in my options settings regarding graphics, gameplay and opponent settings(Shadows/Visible/rendering, PC etc etc)...Next is reloading drivers (Again)...But if its not a 'RULE', are there any 90k+ servers out there that don't force opponents ?

Spacey
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 25 Jan 2009 16:43

SpaceJocky wrote:But is the option to force Opponent View (Not able to turn off opponents while racing) an ROC Rule or a server admin option ?...
It's not forced by RoC rules, btw not forbidden.

Have you set in game config the max visible opponents to 4 ? and installed the game fix ?... else all are visible when forcevisibleopponents is > 1, but all will be anyway visible if the option as been set to 1, or the option number minimum visible if >= 4.

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 26 Jan 2009 16:55

Slig wrote:
SpaceJocky wrote:But is the option to force Opponent View (Not able to turn off opponents while racing) an ROC Rule or a server admin option ?...
It's not forced by RoC rules, btw not forbidden.

Have you set in game config the max visible opponents to 4 ? and installed the game fix ?... else all are visible when forcevisibleopponents is > 1, but all will be anyway visible if the option as been set to 1, or the option number minimum visible if >= 4.
I have it set to 6 (Edit, just found it on 10, coulda swore it was 6), but on the ROC Servers with forced oppenent view I get all running. And yes I've installed the game fix. I'm beginning to think its more of "Networking" issue than a graphics problem. (WINXP, 3C905Nic, 2.4m/728k Cable)

When/If the "Group" becomes visible (Sometimes I stay out front :thumbsup: ) I get a 'stutter' on my PC, and much "flashing" of cars. I drive with the "In-Car" view so those behind me arn't visible. I really enjoy running with opponents 'ON', and I run Time-Attack servers with opponents on as a rule, and usually only turn opponents off in Rounds Mode for the first few corners (Its set to a button on my wheel).

I guess the big question is, Why do the server admins force this option ? If its not a 'Rule' I would hope that the Admins would allow racers to race what's most comfortable for them, and not be handicapped by some arbitrary setting on their part...
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 26 Jan 2009 17:35

SpaceJocky wrote:I'm beginning to think its more of "Networking" issue than a graphics problem. (WINXP, 3C905Nic, 2.4m/728k Cable)
Yep, not a very good conection you have, you just may have to upgrade your Internet conection for better results there. :wink:

And if you play in B/ PRO RoC server, yes, you are free to choose to see or not see your opponents. :thumbsup:

Jasy69
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Jasy69 » 28 Feb 2009 17:17

Hi all!
I have a question.
How many coppers need the 100k servers?
Only 80k copper?
How to create the 100k server?
I create the 60-90k ladder server to 80k copper?
And Nadeo approved the 100k ladder server and not need another 80k copper?
THX

ps:Sorry my english is not good.