Ladder: To set 50K+ servers up

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

jimpower
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMC

Re: Ladder: 50K+ servers

Post by jimpower » 24 Dec 2008 09:36

is it really?
www.ManiaRecords.org - Tm² World Record Database

=THEO=
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by =THEO= » 07 Jan 2009 15:01

Hi,
I have read this thread many many times! Also read around other threads and still have some discrepancies.... Some people say you upgrade under the server account some say the user account the dedicated server was made under?

The steps I have taken to present were to log into the dedicated server login, using its password and the last 3 of my key
It displays the page and I upgraded to 20-70K paying the 20000 coppers.
Remeber this is the login account of the server not my player login!
It states at the bottom that the upgrade is in effect but now 24hrs later in the game it still only displays 20-50K?
Yes, I have restarted the server :)

I suppose my question is: Should I have done it from my user login and not the server login?
If this is the case its criminal! Because players are donating to the server account not my user account.
For me to transfer the coppers back to my user account, i read that it costs 2 coppers + 5% tax!!!!!!
Surely this isnt the case?

Any enlightment???

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 07 Jan 2009 15:26

To upgrade your dedicated into a official Server you need to Login with your Player Login, not the Dedicated Login

http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/

My changes there are effective a few minutes later if i change something

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 07 Jan 2009 16:13

=THEO= wrote:It displays the page and I upgraded to 20-70K paying the 20000 coppers.
It states at the bottom that the upgrade is in effect but now 24hrs later in the game it still only displays 20-50K?
Yes, I have restarted the server :)
Did you follow all needed setup in your server config ? and the dedicated is not an old release ?
look there for config infos : viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18344

=THEO= wrote:Remeber this is the login account of the server not my player login!
I suppose my question is: Should I have done it from my user login and not the server login?
If this is the case its criminal! Because players are donating to the server account not my user account.
For me to transfer the coppers back to my user account, i read that it costs 2 coppers + 5% tax!!!!!!
Surely this isnt the case?
I'm not sure that i understand... you connected on http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/ using your dedicated account ??? as i know it does not work, only the player account can.
Yes, if you have coppers on your server login then you have to transfer it to a player account to be able to use them. Btw why criminal ? if you get many coppers on a server login it is probably that you got many donation, so don't say that as if it was really your own coppers... or if it is teammates who send you coppers to promote the server then ask them to send coppers to your player login and not to server. And anyway.... you get coppers every day from nadeo on your player login, so if they take a %age when you make transfers, why not...

=THEO=
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by =THEO= » 15 Jan 2009 03:21

Thought I would update my previous question with my solution so maybe others can learn from my mistakes.

It seems I had my dumb hat on that day!
If you are running ServerMania make sure you force the max and min values in the OTHER tab because dedicated_cfg is over-ridden when using this application :grmblz:

Also just to clear up some discrepancies regarding what account you upgrade your server from, IT DOESNT MATTER!
You do not need to transfer coppers to your player account and as I said this would just be crazy (although it cost me 1000 coppers to figure it out :evil: ) I stand by my statement in saying that it would be criminal to force a tax payment because you need to transfer the coppers from the server account to your player account to upgrade. There is absolutely no reason that you would have to do so and you dont!!!!!
As I created 2 dedicated server accounts in my player page (A & B say) I upgraded server A from server B's account without the need to transfer to my player account......
BUT!, the login page I used now redirects to the player page, and you cant login to your dedicated server account on the player page....??? I used http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladd ... index.html I am dumbfounded as to why this is now the case....could someone please explain?

dobesone
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TM2
Manialink(s): unc (tm1) unc-crew (tm2)

Re: Ladder: offiacial servers

Post by dobesone » 15 Jan 2009 16:51

Hi all.

I got the same problems as THEO has.
Pls help us out. !!
BUT!, the login page I used now redirects to the player page, and you cant login to your dedicated server account on the player page....??? I used http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladd ... index.html I am dumbfounded as to why this is now the case....could someone please explain?

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 15 Jan 2009 18:00

=THEO= wrote:You do not need to transfer coppers to your player account and as I said this would just be crazy (although it cost me 1000 coppers to figure it out :evil: ) I stand by my statement in saying that it would be criminal to force a tax payment because you need to transfer the coppers from the server account to your player account to upgrade. There is absolutely no reason that you would have to do so and you dont!!!!!
Hey, you do what you want, nothing force you to make a ladder server......

dobesone
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TM2
Manialink(s): unc (tm1) unc-crew (tm2)

Post by dobesone » 15 Jan 2009 21:17

But the problem is, I/you cant moderate your official server on the player page. Site dont work!!!! It wont register the allready added account.
Hi all.
I seem to have the same a problem.:
Strange, strange, when i Logon to 'http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/main.php' i can add servers, but i can't make them official and i can't login on that page with my server login i've created. But on this page: http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladd ... /index.php I can login with the server account and make it official. A bit strange, but i've succeeded in making it official and have restarted it, it's still 0-50K but i do understand it will take some time. The coppers are gone, so i think it went OK.
Currently my server is a 40-80k and works really well. But nadeo seems to have redirected : http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladd ... /index.php back to 'http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/main.php'

so now you can'nt edit your server anymore :(
It keeps telling me "not egough coppers" if I try to degrade to 20-70k or even 0-60k. Why is this system not working? Btw my server account got 66000 coppers.

I have several times before edited my server in : http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladd ... /index.php and set rank limit to 0-60 in weekends etc. But dosent seem to work anymore =( Cant even reset the server to 0-50k & get coppers back. The playerpage dedicated server part dosent have that option. :|

(screenshot to illustrate, login and pass is removed)

Please heeeelp :D

MR.Mim

=THEO=
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by =THEO= » 17 Jan 2009 02:01

Slig wrote:
=THEO= wrote:You do not need to transfer coppers to your player account and as I said this would just be crazy (although it cost me 1000 coppers to figure it out :evil: ) I stand by my statement in saying that it would be criminal to force a tax payment because you need to transfer the coppers from the server account to your player account to upgrade. There is absolutely no reason that you would have to do so and you dont!!!!!
Hey, you do what you want, nothing force you to make a ladder server......
Im not going to get in a slanging match about it and thats a rather rude comment to make considering all i did was make a personal statement regarding the situation. Basically "like it or piss off" LOL!

@dobesone, I can only agree with you that you CAN NOT log into http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladd ... index.html where people have upgraded their servers.....it redirects to the standard player page and you CAN NOT log into your dedicated server account via this player page! Logging into your player login will not show your upgraded servers..........SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW??? Ohh thats right, like it or lump it, pretty funny ehh

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 17 Jan 2009 10:18

=THEO= wrote:like it or lump it
About the fact to have to transfert coppers to the wanted player login, yes. You can just ask for donations directly to your player login if you waqnt to avoid it next time...

About the fact to not beeing able to connect on an account that was previously used, that is a problem, it's fully true.
If you want to release it's ladder state i would suggest to write a PM to alinoa, perhaps that she will have a solution for you (like release the ladder status it and returning coppers to the server login, of perhaps transfer the ladder state to the player login who created the dedicated account).

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 17 Jan 2009 13:33

The fact is that there seems to be little facts and a lot of changes and "try this or try that". I think it would be great to get a "description" of what is the correct proceudure to follow if there are donated coppers to a server-account and you want to upgrade it. It certainly seems you can't log on to the account like you could do earlier, and therefore have to transfer the coppers to your player-account before you can upgrade that way.

It is certainly a little more complicated than it needs to be. The ideal way (I think) would be that the coppers donated to the server-accounts should either be possible to transfer straight to your player-account or be able to "handle" the coppers by logging into the server-account with the coppers.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Stringer

Post by Stringer » 17 Jan 2009 14:10

Sorry if I sound negative here, but in my defence I have spent a few days getting very wound up over an issue that should not even exist.

There are many comments/posts suggesting that coppers for ladder server upgrades should be donated to servers. Added to that, the fact that we should identify the server login at the top of the ladder server page is highly misleading and confusing for the average person. I will suggest that for this to go unaddressed while support staff post short insulting 1 line responses for a whole community to view is (ill skip my preferred choice of adjectives for the sake of that same community) poor.
If a software company wants my business they have to earn it. This can be by quality of product or by by effectiveness of responding to problems. This paticular problem appears to be continually without response.

My gaming clan is new to TM and we have just managed to collect 10k between us in our server account by virtue of the clues (using clues in leu of no visible instructions) provided.
My clue searching was not helped by the fact that doing a search for relevant keywords is severely hampered by responses of please use less common words. As the data base is totally riddled with the words donate, server, dedicated etc.

BTW Note to player community. This is how it works;
Online activity = business growth for Nadeo
Coppers = commodity for measuring player and community growth
Misleading / confusing / conflicting support = coppers tax
Coppers tax = need for more online activity
Very clever plan until someone posts it here for all to see. The problem is the plan is short term growth. The only way to enjoy long term success is via customer satisfaction.

As Nadeo/support staff have not realised the solution to this (or considering the above paragraph not wanted to) I will give it to them.
Help buttons the playerpage. These buttons can provide clearly visible, instant support which will save 100's of hours currently spent on these forums repeating old news for the benefit of players like me who are now latecomers to TM. The extras 100's of hours not posting repeat responses can then be used playing online

While I leave this for a (hopefully positive) response I will post to fellow clan members to discuss a decision whether to continue our participation in the TM community.

=THEO=
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by =THEO= » 17 Jan 2009 14:40

Thanks guys for speaking up regarding the current issue :thumbsup:
I have personally sent Alinoa a PM regarding the problems and concerns, so will post back here with response, or maybe Alinoa will post directly (unsure) but i will surely do my part in attempt to resolve it.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 17 Jan 2009 15:37

Stringer wrote:There are many comments/posts suggesting that coppers for ladder server upgrades should be donated to servers. Added to that, the fact that we should identify the server login at the top of the ladder server page is highly misleading and confusing for the average person.
Why not just reading announcement posts in the toolbox section ?... viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18344
Stringer wrote:Help buttons the playerpage. These buttons can provide clearly visible, instant support which will save 100's of hours currently spent on these forums repeating old news for the benefit of players like me who are now latecomers to TM. The extras 100's of hours not posting repeat responses can then be used playing online
Again, nearly all about servers is just in the ToolBox section :
viewforum.php?f=28

Stringer

Post by Stringer » 17 Jan 2009 16:41

I know about the toolbox slig, I also know it is near impossible to search in it (see my previous post). My point is that the toolbox forum should not be used for 1st line support where simple buttons at the point of operation (the playerpage) would be massively more useful. The forums would be a great backup to this and IMO more enjoyable to read.
1. Look back along the 1400+ posts you have made here and count the ones you wish you had not needed to due the benefit of good user help where it should be.
2. Do a search (on the toolbox) or even on google for that matter) for the following and see where I am;
'transfer coppers from dedicated server account using fast'
you will find the useful information is diluted with tons of posts like the ones which fill this very thread. Thus your time is wasted responding on a regular basis when you should be playing, or discussing which beers taste best.
BTW Slig, I read that post, I did search and Im still searching for the way to get my coppers from my dedi acct to my own, I hate to waste your time but . . do you know how?