Zooz's Race of Champions (Trackmania United 80-100k server)

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Zooz's Race of Champions (Trackmania United 80-100k server)

Post by Zooz » 05 Oct 2008 14:41

This week (and probably after) the loserkick will be set to 2, because quite often people leave and such, and the 5th, 4th or even 3rd gets kicked. This should reduce that problem a bit.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 05 Oct 2008 17:51

Good games today, much less loserkick problems after setting it to 2 and kicking the 3rd manually only if it was needed. Will do that again next week.

Same tracks next week, new tracks in 2 weeks. Unless lots of players post here saying they hated the tracks, then I'll consider changing them :mrgreen:
This pack was pretty challenging anyway, with Xentrix and Spainz' Hillz' and Dustbowl in it.

I will probably put some UL4 tracks in the next track pack.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 12 Oct 2008 17:59

Nice races today, despite the difficult tracks there was some good driving. Next week's tracks should be easier, and they might also be more familar, since 3 of the tracks are also next week's UL4 tracks :gobananas:

The tracks are on the website, as usual: http://www.lichtgrijs.com/tm/roc/index.htm

And here's the list for the lazy people:

Stadium: UL4 - Steel
Island: GC6 - Goelands Contamines
Coast: UL1 - Delirium Cordia
Bay: UL4-Calculating infinity
Desert: LE4-Angry Puppet
Snow: GC5-TechSnow
Rally: UL4-Sweet dream

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 19 Oct 2008 17:11

We're playing now and there are quite a few players, and the autoqueue is bugging quite a lot.

Anyone who can make a bug-free version of autoqueue (with all the current features) gets 10k coppers from me

Bug-free means: it doesn't give any unintended errors (like skipping players or kicking the 6th with loserkick 2) during 2 weeks of RoC use.

edit: Good games today, quite a few good players too with Kaka tearing it up for a while. We'll be playing on these maps (see previous post) for one more week, then there'll be new ones again. So go train ;)

also, NEXT WEEK 1 HOUR EARLIER because summer time ends that weekend.

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 19 Oct 2008 20:01

Nice server you have Zooz. So nice that my account is caught in there until now :grmblz: (queue bug) Next time I will train the maps.. at least see where their go :P

I'm going for the cause, 1000 coopers from me for a better autoqueue.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 19 Oct 2008 20:26

Good, I hope others join in so the maker of the autoqueue will be rich :roflol:

That bug was strange, your account wasn't in the server at all, it wasn't in the login list and when I tried to kick it, it said the login wasn't found. It wasn't in the banlist or blacklist either.

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 20 Oct 2008 05:12

Yes weird.. I couldn't use mi account like 3 hours after or something.
Maybe you should PM F*ckfish, Ximph or another yellow-colored nickname user over the forum in the case they don't read this topic.
Zooz wrote: Bug-free means: ...(like skipping players)...
I had this issue before and I manage to avoid it (works for me everytime) pressing Enter when the autoqueue starts kicking.
Until a working bug-free Autoqueue is released, you can advice players to press Enter in the right moment.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 20 Oct 2008 09:14

Genosis wrote:Maybe you should PM F*ckfish, Xymph or another yellow-colored nickname user over the forum in the case they don't read this topic.
I keep up with most forums, but am not familiar with the actual AutoQueue plugin code and the bugs it contains. I also talked to Fufi about it, who is too busy with university and the aftermath of his move to a new apartment, so he doesn't have time right now for TM coding, but hopes to return to it at some point.
So I'm afraid there are no quick and easy solutions to the plugin's problems.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 20 Oct 2008 11:04

Genosis wrote: I had this issue before and I manage to avoid it (works for me everytime) pressing Enter when the autoqueue starts kicking.
Until a working bug-free Autoqueue is released, you can advice players to press Enter in the right moment.
Actually, that may be the cause of the skipping issue, other players doing that.

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 20 Oct 2008 23:01

Never thought about that. That makes me parte of the problem :mrgreen:

So, Fufi is on TM vacation now, we will wait a little longer, I hope not forever :D

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 21 Oct 2008 09:26

i might be interested to help avoid this problem and will start work for it tomorrow.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 21 Oct 2008 17:47

Appearantly fufi will be looking at it again too:
f*ckfish wrote:But I still want to try to update AutoQueue. (...) As always, I cannot give you a quarantee but I promise to give my best to do the fixes as soon as possible.
Nice to see so much interest now :mrgreen:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 26 Oct 2008 18:09

Good games today, with quite a few good players visiting. Things were a bit slow in the first hour, probably because everyone forgot that GMT doesn't switch off daylight saving time, but it picked up after that.

New tracks! Find them here as usual: http://www.lichtgrijs.com/tm/roc/index.htm

And here's the list for the lazy people:

Stadium: GC6~ Gentle Breeze
Island: UL2-Earth Intruders
Coast: UL4 - Sunrised
Bay: GC4 - The Netherlands
Desert: UL4 - Canyus Lake
Snow: CDD-The Garden
Rally: UL4 - Gexnis

A classic track, two shorter GC tracks, an UL2 track and 3 current UL4 tracks, two from round 6 and one from round 5. There should be something there for everyone ^^

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 02 Nov 2008 22:16

Not sure if I'll be hosting next week, I'll have a busy Sunday then and I'll probably be away for parts of the day, so even if I were to host it, it would have to autostart and there would be no admin. If I don't host next week, the same maps will be used again the week after, of course. This pack seemed to be pretty popular.

Good games today, it showed that it's a lot more fun when some people know the tracks :mrgreen:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 Nov 2008 18:43

Well, I did host today, with Figos as the admin (thanks!). I hope it was fun! ^^

The new mappack is up on the site.
There's a bit of a speed theme in it, with 5 fast tracks.

On Island, there's the speedy track Interstellar Overdrive by NBAA, from way back in SL1.
For Coast, there's the classic La Ventura track from SL0. No slow corners in this one!
For Bay, Winnie's Rising Sun Racing from SL4 is in the pack, which is speedy but still quite challenging. I recommend training that one a bit!
For Snow, my UL1 and ET Ladder track Thundersnow will be played, a fast but quite difficult Snow track full of boosters and tricky turns and jumps.
And on Desert, there's the speedy GC5 track Spybreak, which flows quite well but there's a lot of time to gain by good cornering.

But there's two tracks for the tech lovers too.

For Rally there's the GC6 track Partners In Crime, which is all turns, pretty much.
And finally, for Stadium, there's the latest ET Ladder track, Failed Mission by Maxon, also a technical one. If you get a good time here you can also put it up on the replay ladder.

Have fun!