[Queue System] Request!

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

[Queue System] Request!

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Sep 2008 16:38

To who it may concern,

Runnign the RoC servers today with the still erroring queue system is fast becoming a pain...

I have had Sek KaiZer in my server screaming swearwords at me and threatening to report to nadeo that he got kicked unfairly by the plugin (of which we all know has errors, i myself got to queue position one 3 times before it lost me from the queue) ... I had to ban him (yes ban not blacklist) because he was swearing repeatedly in capital letters and it was getting ridiculous.

Can we please have a PROPER queueing system written into the servers by NADEO please ... as this is fast becoming a pain (for admin and the players) and i feel this will be the only way to solve the problems.

Please, Please do something as this is fast becoming an annoyance and many top players are saying they will stop RoC soon as its more fustration that is is worth!

As for Kaizer ... for the abuse, do never show yourself in my servers again ... you have made a fool of yourself and an enemy of me (i previously liked him). I WILL not tolerate abuse in my servers no longer!!!

I hope you can do something to make this system workable,
Ty in advance!

VOTE Here on this Issue
Last edited by jamie_macdonald on 28 Sep 2008 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Ed
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Re: [Queue System] Request!

Post by Ed » 28 Sep 2008 17:00

I totally agree with you Jamie a queue system built into the ded server would solve alot of probs.

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 29 Sep 2008 01:00

Only seems like common sense to me.

grosquickzen
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by grosquickzen » 29 Sep 2008 09:10

Hello,
I'm ZEN.
I totally agree with you Jamie, I had the same problem as KAIZER this week and the last week, I was kicked while I was sixth and fifth , it's really irritating when you waited for your turn during a half-hour.

(excuse my english but i'm french ^^)

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Sep 2008 13:38

I agree, there's no good system at the moment.

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: O, SX, N, NF, UF, 2

Post by princemichi » 29 Sep 2008 17:28

i mean, you have to change the ladder rules...not the tm.server!

but also, the queue plugin is jet very buggy...i have every week probs with this plugin! reason for that is, the plugin is not very old!

eventually you have to wait a few month and this aseco plugin is very fine. :gobananas:

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 29 Sep 2008 17:37

Yeah, but until this tool will be bugfree, there will be a lot of anoying weekends or so.

I would really prefere to see such a nice feature in the dedicated server as a build in. Would make things much easier.

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by princemichi » 29 Sep 2008 19:49

but, pls say me, what can nadeo do better, as this plugin now too??

do you understand what i mean?? the big broblem are the 8 players and 16 or more specs, not the queue :thumbsup:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Sep 2008 20:11

The queue is not the problem, the fact that the queue plugin is horribly broken, is the problem.

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by princemichi » 30 Sep 2008 10:28

princemichi wrote:i mean, you have to change the ladder rules...not the tm.server!

but also, the queue plugin is jet very buggy...i have every week probs with this plugin! reason for that is, the plugin is not very old!

eventually you have to wait a few month and this aseco plugin is very fine. :gobananas:
:3

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 30 Sep 2008 19:12

princemichi wrote:but, pls say me, what can nadeo do better, as this plugin now too??

do you understand what i mean?? the big broblem are the 8 players and 16 or more specs, not the queue :thumbsup:
Please do not use my thread regarding a BUILT IN queue system to spam with your theory on nadeo rules! -.-

And also the is for BULIT IN queue system so would be there even if no ASECO,FAST,TMGERy or anything installed. .. this would make it a FORCED system ... not open for manipulation or cheating ... the WHOLE reason i would like this is it would be infalable compared to a plugin ...

this is not a ladder rule issue ... but a server one .. if you are allready happy waiting for the plugin .. you have no reason to post here :P

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by princemichi » 30 Sep 2008 23:36

:roflol: kk

BUILD it IN :D

KingBogie
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by KingBogie » 23 Oct 2008 00:22

hmmm i have the queue plugin installed on my server and its running great...

But i have the queue plugin with Xaseco and their was no problem with this plugin

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 23 Oct 2008 02:42

KingBogie wrote:hmmm i have the queue plugin installed on my server and its running great...

But i have the queue plugin with Xaseco and their was no problem with this plugin
I guess you do not use the autokick ? (thats where a majority of problems come from in the plugin) .. i have used it with both fast and aseco .. no change in behaviour here dependent on client app

But .. if the queue system was built in and infalable .. a looser kick would be far easier to create on its own .. than trying to combine the two features into a plugin ... Also fufi is working on the bugs atm . .so maybe soon itll be fine ...

But even if so ... and if it works fine everywhere .. .the plugin is not mandatory ... the forcing of it being used on even a basic server exe with no fast or aseco is what im after ... a plugin = optional not forced ... so working or not thats not the reason i started this thread ...the current situation most of us use queue so all is fair ... but there are some teams who are far to greedy with there RoC's and fill up and only let in preffered people etc ... with the queue not being an option to them this will stop their unfairplay (effective boosting) and give all a chance at driving the RoC's

Hope this clarifies for you why its needed inbuilt to server.exe not as an option for a client application

smurf
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): ladder example

Post by smurf » 25 Oct 2008 12:30

a built in queue system is certainly better.

Just an idea: A queue managment system could be the 1 or 2 last players on the map are put at the end of the queue and the 1 or 2 first in the queue enter. With a system like that, the comptetion could be harder and everybody can play if he's good :)
For the moment, if nobody leaves the server, nobody can try his luck even if some player are slower.