[Queue System] Request!

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Arcon
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: [Queue System] Request!

Post by Arcon » 26 Oct 2008 17:39

Couldn't agree more!

As it is now, RoC-racing is more about waiting and frustration than actual racing. I got kicked from servers 3 times tonight without being among the 2-3 worst players. First I got banned for no reason on one server (don't know if that's related to the queue plugin or som other bug), then I got kicked from another server because I got a free spot in mid-game and only had time for one round. Finally I got kicked when finishing in 6th place on a server that only kicked the last 2 players.

As a result I got to play 4! tracks in total eventhough I really tried to get in on different servers for 2,5 hours...what a waste of time. I wouldn't complain if I got kicked for a valid reason (being slower than my opponents).

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 26 Oct 2008 17:52

It will still be about waiting and frustration for many people with a working queue, those players who keep getting loserkicked for being too slow :P

smurf
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): ladder example

Post by smurf » 26 Oct 2008 22:33

What I was talking about is not a loserkick but a loser2spectator. some admins make their own queue system kicking players when they want a slot for a friends (they always say that it's a bug that kicked you...)

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 26 Oct 2008 23:29

But loser2spectator would mean that no new players can join in when all the spectator slots are taken.

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 27 Oct 2008 09:56

Arcon wrote:Couldn't agree more!

As it is now, RoC-racing is more about waiting and frustration than actual racing. I got kicked from servers 3 times tonight without being among the 2-3 worst players. First I got banned for no reason on one server (don't know if that's related to the queue plugin or som other bug), then I got kicked from another server because I got a free spot in mid-game and only had time for one round. Finally I got kicked when finishing in 6th place on a server that only kicked the last 2 players.

As a result I got to play 4! tracks in total eventhough I really tried to get in on different servers for 2,5 hours...what a waste of time. I wouldn't complain if I got kicked for a valid reason (being slower than my opponents).
I can confirm that yesterday it happened a very starnge thing in O&C RoC server, because i was Banned from that server, for no reason at all ( i was playing a track atm ), and a lot of other players were kicked meanwhyle. Can someone confirm what happened there yesterday, maybe Ouwe! I lost my precious time there wainting in the queue for playing, and then this happens! :grmblz:

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 27 Oct 2008 16:36

The referee said that there where a lot of invalid times. Also O&C Roadkill got banned.
I thought there were 6 players wich were banned. I removed all from the ban list straight away, because as from what I saw there was no reason at all for banning people. The times were alright.
I have no idea what happend but I read in other topics that more people have this problem about invalid times by the referee.
After that XAseco crashed aswell and I restarted it. The queue list was messup up in that time.
10 minutes later I decided to close the server because of all this sh*t.

This is what I do when I run the 100k server.
I run the server on 1 pc, I run the referee on another pc and I watch (don't drive at all) on another pc.
As you see I am running 3 pc's to run the server very good and still these kind of things happens.
During the week I run a funserver where around 30 people are playing and I have no problems at all with that.

For me it is like this, the referee aint working properly (I installed the fix for that) and the queue thing doesn't work.
Sorry for all this bs I had with my server, I will not run it again. Or maybe I will run it without aseco and queue system.
First I want to see some major updates.
I hope this is your answer Flash...

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by =THC=Flash » 27 Oct 2008 17:45

I tottaly understand you, and thanks for your prompt and honest answer. I know this referee issue is causing some troubles to several servers. I think Nadeo should check this asap, because RoC servers are atm the most important servers in the game, and they should be running properly! Its not nice that some players wait for almost 1 hour to play, and then this happens, and they must start it all over again, what a frustration that is! :( Good luck with your server Ouwe! :thumbsup:

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 28 Oct 2008 06:38

It might be handy to note that fast does not have such a high load ... so for simplicity and the queue system go with that maybe? ... i use xaseco for ET Gen but for a RoC server something more responsive is needed ... hence i use fast for ET Champs

Just a thought ... anyway back ontopic now i hope? :p

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 30 Oct 2008 07:24

Yeah the player rotation is good and wise smurf.. the only failing i see is that if the spec places are 16 and are full in a RoC server, then if the queue system would effectively stop people from entering the room to join the queue.

Maybe have it put to back of queue if spare spec slots ..and kick if there is no spare space in spectator slots. Like a conditional $forcequeue elseif (nospace = kick) or sumin like that

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by =THC=Flash » 03 Nov 2008 10:07

Can someone plz get an effective queue and auto kick worst players plugins? The damn Auto kick haves a huge error, that is when the last player (8th) or even 7th player ( and so on) leaves before the race is over, 5th player and 4th player are kicked from the server :grmblz: This is totally unfair, can someone fix this please?!? It is always happening in RoC servers. Very annoying :grmblz:

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 03 Nov 2008 14:00

=THC=Flash wrote:Can someone plz get an effective queue and auto kick worst players plugins? The damn Auto kick haves a huge error, that is when the last player (8th) or even 7th player ( and so on) leaves before the race is over, 5th player and 4th player are kicked from the server :grmblz: This is totally unfair, can someone fix this please?!? It is always happening in RoC servers. Very annoying :grmblz:
This shouldn't be the case anymore. There's a new version out, where I fixed this. Are you sure it's still happening with the new version?
inactive, sorry

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by =THC=Flash » 03 Nov 2008 15:04

Hi Fhishy m8! :wink: I dont know if Fix server is using the new version of the Auto Kick plugin, but it happened yesterday on Fix Ultimate several times ( with me as well :( ). Maybe they have not updated the Plugin yet, or they dont know that a new version is now avayable.... But thatnks for the info Fhishy, if i see a Fix admin, i will alert him for that fact! B COOL! :1

anthrax002
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMN

Post by anthrax002 » 05 Nov 2008 15:25

played on Fix 2 :)
There are people that leave earlier just so an extra person could get kicked ... It's indeed very irritating.

When i see someone off fix, i'll ask them to install newest version ^^

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 05 Nov 2008 18:15

anthrax002 wrote: There are people that leave earlier just so an extra person could get kicked ... It's indeed very irritating.
I kick people who do that, then they'll be last in the queue at least.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 06 Nov 2008 17:18

Zooz wrote:
anthrax002 wrote: There are people that leave earlier just so an extra person could get kicked ... It's indeed very irritating.
I kick people who do that, then they'll be last in the queue at least.
The plugin should consider players who played several rounds, not only those who are still here at the end...

Could someone explain clearly what is good and what is bad or bugged in the (actual) Fufi queue system plugin ? Personnally i don't play on servers using it (i don't play for ladder), and only looked quickly at the plugin, so i don't have any idea about the problems.

And also, what else is really a problem ? if the number of spectators is too small to have a decent queue, i think it can be discussed with Nadeo to increase it a little. Btw, is the indicated 'spectators places' a min, max or fixed value ?

Also, perhaps the plugin should permanetly keep a free spec place : it could manage a second queue, this time of players who try to connect, and when the queue is not empty it would kick the newly connected immedialty, with a message indicating how many are waiting to enter. Then their place in the entering queue could be kept 15min before removing it : the players would have to try to connect every ~10 min to maintain his place in entering queue. It needs to explain to Alinoa that the kick would be to handle an entering queue and not to forbid server access of course ^^.

More complicated, another solution could be made : having a relay server and manage the entering queue on it. When the main server would be full the players would go on the relay, and each time a place would be free on the main server the first in entering queue on the replay would have a popup tmtp link to enter on the main server (as spec, being then in the playing queue ^^).

Again more complicated, next idea... a unique web/manialink/server plugin could manage a multi server entering queue (for servers which would agree to work with it) : the player would subscribe to enter on several servers, being in the entering queue of all, so then when he could enter in one he would do it, and then would be removed from the other queues.

Anyway i don't know who have both knowledge and time to do such things actually... :?