Laddertop rules discussion

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Re: Laddertop rules discussion

Post by TMN » 01 Feb 2009 23:09

16 or 32 players is still small servers, for a game like
this anyway.
>>--- Join us at Catch Gamer 100k server in NOR. ---<<

Ricardo Rix
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Ricardo Rix » 01 Feb 2009 23:43

I'm glad you like it :)

If numbers were a problem:
Then a current 16 player server, could become a 12 scoring & 24 playing server. I don't think those numbers should upset the Nadeo ideal.

Either way, at the times a server is full, it would be nice to play along and not score, rather than spectating. But even if Nadeo could do this, then it would be even better to have the 2 tier system.

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 02 Feb 2009 10:26

Ricardo Rix wrote:So for example a server with 60k-80k limit, normally is set to 16 players, would now allow 16 scoring players and 32 players altogether.
Is a great idea Ricardo. :D
Hope Nadeo take a look on it. :wink:

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 02 Feb 2009 11:05

Well, i am really getting stucked in the World Ladder as well. At this moment, i managed to be in world top 40, but i cant move up, because in my server, Stadium server, im always the lowest rank or second lowest rank playing, very hard now to make good points in each race, even if i win it, i make about 60 points per race, and even if i play the whole 3 hours, i make max 1200, 1300 pts, and thats the points i loose on Mondays, so for me, and i think i speak for all Stadium players, its now getting a little booring this.... Now, if i want to move on, i must learn to play other envoirments and go for TMU Servers, otherwise its impossible to get a better rank! I think double points now for TMUF players is really a big gap for Stadium players, and i am also a TMUF Owner, but i only like Stadium, so is it fair to me beeing penalised for only playing Stadium, even if i got TMUF? I think its time to change the points for TMU Players, or else Stadium players like me will start to get boored, and eventually stop playing for this Ladder as it is. :?

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 02 Feb 2009 11:10

Nice idea, only 16 scoring players in a 32 server capacity; but It is important to clarify that the last 16 players should not give points in this case. Otherwise it would be a 32 players normal server.

Ricardo Rix
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Ricardo Rix » 02 Feb 2009 11:18

Thinking about it....

It's quite likely that the lowest 16 players will get frustrated and bored not getting any points, and so move on to a different server. So this should help too with fresh drivers wanting to join easily, and the numbers of players not reaching the actaul maximum allocation and closer to the Nadeo ideal - small.

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by TMN » 02 Feb 2009 18:49

=THC=Flash wrote:Well, i am really getting stucked in the World Ladder as well. At this moment, i managed to be in world top 40, but i cant move up, because in my server, Stadium server, im always the lowest rank or second lowest rank playing, very hard now to make good points in each race, even if i win it, i make about 60 points per race, and even if i play the whole 3 hours, i make max 1200, 1300 pts, and thats the points i loose on Mondays, so for me, and i think i speak for all Stadium players, its now getting a little booring this.... Now, if i want to move on, i must learn to play other envoirments and go for TMU Servers, otherwise its impossible to get a better rank! I think double points now for TMUF players is really a big gap for Stadium players, and i am also a TMUF Owner, but i only like Stadium, so is it fair to me beeing penalised for only playing Stadium, even if i got TMUF? I think its time to change the points for TMU Players, or else Stadium players like me will start to get boored, and eventually stop playing for this Ladder as it is. :?

I think you do not deserve to be better ranked if you cant play the other environments. so go learn to play the full game, and climb the ladder little more:)

Shady.

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 03 Feb 2009 10:33

TMN wrote:I think you do not deserve to be better ranked if you cant play the other environments. so go learn to play the full game, and climb the ladder little more:)Shady.
And why would i waste my time trying to learn playing in invoirments that i dont like? I of course wont do that, dispite the fact i own TMUF. I should be able to climb the Ladder only playing Stadium, because thats what 90% of TMUF owners do. I think would be more fair give not double points for other envoirments, but for ex. 50% more, it would be a nice advantage already, and like that it wont demotivate all 90% TMUF players that only play Stadium. Just MHO. 8)

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by TMN » 03 Feb 2009 11:55

motivation should come from learning the other environments. It took me 1 year to
finaly start learning to love all environments, but i still hate island "cos i cant do well" but
i play it and i like to learn it to become a better player. and stadium is only 1 of 7 environments
of the game. So a player who can manage all environments is a better player then one
that only can manage 1 environment and should be better ranked then the other one.
So i hope to see you on the tmuf server soon :)

Shady.

raptor87
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by raptor87 » 04 Feb 2009 12:44

that's just my point... the ladder top is very frustrating for stadium only players, but I definitely won't start playing tmu environments because of the ladder. I tried it but I just don't like it. (and I'm sure many others feel the same)
As I pointed out before, a smaller tmu bonus would make it less frustrating for stadium players, but still provide enough benefit for playing tmu environments for those who like to.
At this rate I'll stop RoC again, very soon, because it's just pointless :/

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 04 Feb 2009 13:24

Indeed right now its a bit pointless to drive RoC on Sundays for Stadium-Lovers (But TMUF-owners like me). Since 5 weeks i get my 90K during the week, get maybe 1000 Points on Sundays just to realize that i´m back to 89K on Monday. So Ladderwise its almost senseless to drive the 3 hours. Its still fun because there are very good players on our RoC and its a challenge to stay in the Server not getting a worstkick. But regarding points and rank its lost time.

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by TMN » 04 Feb 2009 14:12

Well its about mastering the whole game like i have written before, if this have been
like you "only stadium players" want it, then you would have forced the united players
who play all environments to go play only stadium to be able to fight for the top, and
that is no fair when the game have 7 environments. if you are good at only one of them
then you can't expect to become better ranked then a player who is good on all..

Shady.

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Pesky » 04 Feb 2009 15:07

I get your point there, TMN.

And, in my case, its not that i only master Stadium. Its just that i like Stadium the most because i started this game with TMN.

One question though. We have 3 hours on Sundays. So in this 3 hours you can drive, lets say, 36 Matches. So would a Player who drives 36 Matches in Snow get double amount of Points like a player who drives 36 matches in Stadium? Or is there a need for a TMUF-RoC Server to have a balanced Envy-Tracklist?

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by TMN » 04 Feb 2009 15:25

I think you can put the track list as you like. But i also think that tmu players
normaly like all environments, i have not seen a roc server with only snow.But
maybe there is one with only island tracks. but i dont know. i always play on
servers with all environments.

Shady.

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Pesky » 04 Feb 2009 15:39

But i´m pretty sure that there are some players who prefer only Island. So when they play only Island during the week because they like it most, and if they play RoC only Island...because they like it the most...its not fair at all to get double points. Just my opinion of course.