Laddertop rules discussion

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

raptor87
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU

Re: Laddertop rules discussion

Post by raptor87 » 04 Feb 2009 23:49

true ^^ island-only players get double points too... what kinda disproves the point "you have to be good on all env's to be on top of the ladder"... well whatever... not going to fight about that, just wanted to rant a bit ;)

I manage to win most of the races sundays and get about 1500-1800 points. climbed to 91100pts after 3 weeks, but its already becoming much slower and I think I won't be able to get over 93 or 94k even when I win 100% of the races and drive the full 3 hours.

greets, NorD.raptor

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 05 Feb 2009 10:40

raptor87 wrote:true ^^ island-only players get double points too... what kinda disproves the point "you have to be good on all env's to be on top of the ladder"... well whatever... not going to fight about that, just wanted to rant a bit ;)

I manage to win most of the races sundays and get about 1500-1800 points. climbed to 91100pts after 3 weeks, but its already becoming much slower and I think I won't be able to get over 93 or 94k even when I win 100% of the races and drive the full 3 hours.

greets, NorD.raptor
And dont forget an important detail, as your rank is getting better, less points you gain, so if you manage to get 93, or 94k, you hardly going to win the same 1500-1800 pts you gain now. :wink:

raptor87
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by raptor87 » 06 Feb 2009 16:55

thats why I said that I likely won't be able to gain more than 94k all in all with winning 100% of the races

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 09 Feb 2009 14:30

OMG, and the LPS drop are getting bigger and bigger, today i just lost 1450 LP! Yesterday with many efferts i managed to win 1400 LPs. :roflol: Where is this going to end? I suppose TMUF players will rulle Top 100 very soon :shock: Bye Bye Stadium players :pil ( Like me :( )

Reier
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Reier » 09 Feb 2009 17:19

The bottom part (containing every player with less than 50.000 points) is free for all.
So it is alright if I race in servers ranked much higher than me? I'm like 270,000-somthin. I hope it's legal, cause I got 812 LP in a single race by beating a guy ranked much higher than moi.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Feb 2009 20:32

If you can enter the server, it's ok to drive in there. High ranked players can drive in low rank servers too, which is where you can beat them if you're good enough.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Re: Great idea for improvement.

Post by Florent » 10 Feb 2009 19:20

Ricardo Rix wrote:I think I have a great idea for the current ladder system.

The idea is to have a 2 player limits on a highly ranked server.
One limit is the current, number of players allowed to play limit. Tne other a **new** limit would be the number of scoring players.
So for example a server with 60k-80k limit, normally is set to 16 players, would now allow 16 scoring players and 32 players altogether.

This quite simple change would mean a great improvement to both the drivers experience, and also the ladder system.

1. The players trying to join an overfilled server (as it is now) would not sit trying to constantly switch to player mode from spectator mode.

2. The ladder points would be better, the bad drivers with high rank, would not manage to get to the top16 and stop getting points and so drop down the rankings.

3. The good driver would of course benifit by scoring, and NOT having to sit waiting for a position in order to play.

This would of course need some coding and small rule changes. But if the system as it is, is to remain (which of course it will). Then this is a small change with a huge benifit to all !!

:thumbsup:
we already designed this for the server in general. For a long time, only the top20 get points in the ladder. It did not removed people to stay on big servers.

However, it is maybe really different for more high level servers, where people are there to seek good challenges/rewards

we have many many things to do at the moment, and I don't want to say we can do something. But since I am there, I wanted to tell that I understand the idea and agree that if players can decide by themselves that a place is good to stay or not, it could be a smoothing solution.

raptor87
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by raptor87 » 10 Feb 2009 23:43

any word on the double points for tmu env's issue Florent?
if it's gonna stay just like that or if the ladder system might be changed in some way in the future?

Wicked-bel1be
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: tmu

Post by Wicked-bel1be » 30 Dec 2009 16:28

dirtye wrote:
Zooz wrote: If you don't like the restrictions in the upper regions of the ladder, the under 50k servers are probably what you're looking for.
[/b]
...and if you dislike it, Play another Game...
Is it that what Nadeo want to see in less then 6 Month? Dont know if it is ok for all, because 99,8% of the older TM Community are agreed to new Ladder Mode and left playing TM after a few years.
TM was absolutly The Best MultiPlayerOnline Game, it was The Communtiy Building Game, but now everthing is going down.

The Ladder in TMU was good and better was Ladder in TMS, never there was an discussion lke this, only StadiumPlayers in Nations had these Problems,
so my Plan where disable LadderRankings in TMNF or seperate them, its a Free Game and i think its less then 10% who buyed TMUF after playing TMNF.

Against LOL-Maps Nadeo could "code" any in Map-Editor like Min. corners/edges/checkpoints... to use and a minimum ChallengeTime from maybee "35sec."
if the Map didnt use this pre-coded min parts/times the Map can not Play Official to get LadderPoints. :1

If player really want to mes up her skillz against other Players they do it in any leagues like ESL, ET or other Community Leagues, thats was before and that will be the future, but destroy the fun of a "Community Game" can not be the answer.

Maybe this thread will be ignored deleted or any :| , but i will only say

Wake UP Nadeo !!!
Before its to late, once a player is gone he never comeing back. :cry:
The community WAS big but lost lot of Great Players since TMUF-Ladder and it will be more.

And if "older" players read this, tell me if i lie or if it´s true what i say :roll: ?

Big Greetz
:lovetm TMRS Aero (loves ya all) :pil

See us @
-TMRS Island
-TMRS Island Pro +50k
-TMRS Allstars -All Envis
PS: I play for fun with TM Community-Pplz not for LP´s, but im lil bit afraid that this
Great Game is goin down, and all close there eyes.
Sorry 4 my Bad English sometimes, but im german ;)

EXACT TO THE POINT See my posting from some weeks agow
Continue like this , and before the new release get out , everybody is a way , and playing games where you Win points
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=23833