Moderation of +50k servers by players

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Moderation of +50k servers by players

Post by Alinoa » 13 Jan 2009 15:36

Hi all :D

Some players can now moderate the +50 servers AND the RoC servers. We provided them a tool making the moderation more automatic. So now, if your server doesn't respect the ladder servers rules (you can find them in the “ladder servers” section of the player page), the Ladder Servers Moderators will change the limits back to 0/50k and your coppers will be kept. You will be informed of these changes by an in game message.
To have your server limits and your coppers restored, fix the ladder servers issues and then contact the ladder servers moderators by an in game message.
They will restore the limits but you have to restart your server to redefine the limits of your server.
Moderators are the following players: GAS.Panos (login = panos_gr), Basskid, Kripke and grtace (login: 0815lion)
Thanks to them for doing this and thanks to you to give a warm welcome to them ^_^
They do their best to moderate the servers as they can. And please forgive them if they make some errors, they have to learn to use the script.

Changes for the ladder servers moderation (2009 April 2rd) :
Please notice that the limits of your server are automatically back to 0/50k if your server doesn't respect the following rules : round mod for 60k/90k servers and RoC servers, no password for spectators and players for all servers. No message will be sent by Ladder Servers Moderators to warn you. Please fix these issues and restart your server to restore the suitable limits.

Cheers,
Alinoa
GAS.Panos wrote: Kicking or Banning in RoC servers are prohibited, and if you decide to do so, you MUST have a serious reason for acting like that.
There should be a normal rotation of maps so please don't restart or skip tracks.
In the case of you have been kicked or banned for bad reasons, please keep a screenshot by pressing F10 and upload it in here, stating the RoC server and the whole situation.
On Behalf of LSM Team
Last edited by Alinoa on Thursday 21 February 2013
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Beta64
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Re: Moderation of +50k servers by players

Post by Beta64 » 13 Jan 2009 16:56

*applause and :gobananas: s*

Good move. I'm sure it'll speed up the responce time to rule-breaking servers.

While we're at it, how about some publicity for any new fixes? :roflol:

BBMV
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO, TM2

Post by BBMV » 14 Jan 2009 06:45

Good Work 8)

But i think you need more Freaks like me to work for you :P

Stoppi
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Stoppi » 15 Jan 2009 00:27

Great, i always have found it weird that Nadeo didn't do this sooner. It are always a few fans willing to help out, it only takes a few mins to check server, see if the maps are ok etc. They report it, Nadeo employer checks if its true, and acts. It are small things that don't take much time, but should make a big difference considering servers that don't follow the rules.

Now please work on fixing the favorite servers bug, so you can delete the ones that are offline or you can have more favorites. Only thing i now still would like to see improved :thumbsup:

Oh and a quick question about tracks allowed. Imo on the 70k-90k it always have only been ESL/ESWC etc, long challenging techtracks (what i like ^^). But ESL is also now running speed competitions. Does this mean that now those tracks will also fall under the category "big tournament tracks"?

fastforza
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMUF & TMNF
Manialink(s): forzyy, tracks, mx

Post by fastforza » 15 Jan 2009 06:23

Good on yas! 8)

Have a good time moderating the servers :D
Mania Exchange (http://mania-exchange.com). Join us in September.

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 15 Jan 2009 12:28

An excellent idea whose time has come! :thumbsup: I'm surprised this hasn't occured sooner, really... with the amount of servers, and players who tend to ignore the rules. :shock: Anyways, congrats, guys, and good luck! :3

Note: aren't ALL servers +50k now, since even what used to be 0 - 50k is now 0 - 60k? :lol:

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 22 Jan 2009 10:52

I only just found this news, Good idea nadeo, and good work on continuing efforts for improvement.

Could I suggest a new post clearly outlining rules and clarifying any ambiguous points. I know some points have been made in different threads but not all in the one place. And i know some points have been clarified by pm but they are not public knowledge. Some points that could be clarified are,
- Track times, Gold or author ?
- What about cup, laps and stunts
- track difficulties, Fullspeed etc
- what nadeo tracks are suitable for what ranked servers
- and all other previously defined rules.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 22 Jan 2009 12:35

It can be found on the Ladder servers part of your Player Page: http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/
But yes, it could be more detailed.
Track times: Gold (unless you just set the gold medal to 999999 to get around that :P )
All modes are allowed up to 80k, 90k and 100k rounds only, the player page implies this by not mentioning a mode restriction until 90k
Don't know about Nadeo tracks, why would you play them :roflol:

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 22 Jan 2009 18:18

Zooz wrote:Don't know about Nadeo tracks, why would you play them :roflol:
There's a 90k united-server called "Revival" by Spanish Team CN with lots of nadeo tracks (C and D tracks) on it. I think it was even a 100k server on sunday. :?

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 22 Jan 2009 18:55

Server FS Fun Nadeo also haves Nadeo Cs and Ds tracks too, and its a 80-90k server :? But i cant find it online today. Maybe they have closed it already. :mrgreen:

Domi
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by Domi » 22 Jan 2009 19:19

Dr. Kaputnik wrote: There's a 90k united-server called "Revival" by Spanish Team CN with lots of nadeo tracks (C and D tracks) on it. I think it was even a 100k server on sunday. :?
what can you expect of 'ex'-boosters... :roll:

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 22 Jan 2009 22:09

Zooz wrote:It can be found on the Ladder servers part of your Player Page: http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/
But yes, it could be more detailed.
Track times: Gold (unless you just set the gold medal to 999999 to get around that :P )
All modes are allowed up to 80k, 90k and 100k rounds only, the player page implies this by not mentioning a mode restriction until 90k
I think the player page is a brief summary at best. And some rules have been clarified in different threads here that are not defined there. And i dont think its too much effort for a new post to redefine all that has been said after the original post and issues have been discovered and discussed since the ranked servers began operation.
I suppose my point is some rules are open to interpretation, Where a server admin might believe he is following the rules and then nadeo says he is not and it then has consequences. Or a player may believe a server doesn't meet the rules, and in good faith may question the admin, and end up getting kicked or banned ( I've seen it happen ). A clearer understanding would reduce players complaining about servers, stop server admins bitching about each other and make it clearer which ones are breaking the rules without vague interpretations.

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 22 Jan 2009 23:36

I think the player page is a brief summary at best. And some rules have been clarified in different threads here that are not defined there. And i don't think its too much effort for a new post to redefine all that has been said after the original post and issues have been discovered and discussed since the ranked servers began operation.
I suppose my point is some rules are open to interpretation, Where a server admin might believe he is following the rules and then nadeo says he is not and it then has consequences. Or a player may believe a server doesn't meet the rules, and in good faith may question the admin, and end up getting kicked or banned ( I've seen it happen ). A clearer understanding would reduce players complaining about servers, stop server admins bitching about each other and make it clearer which ones are breaking the rules without vague interpretations.
Indeed ...what he said... I too need it to be clarified, I saw somewhere no full speed tracks on 40-80k, but in my server travels I seem to see them on several servers..so is FS permitted or not?
"Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug."

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 25 Jan 2009 12:53

hmmm. we inquire for answers,
but get none..
sweet

Zooz
TM-Patrol