Moderation of +50k servers by players

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Stoppie
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Re: Moderation of +50k servers by players

Post by Stoppie » 15 Mar 2009 02:38

Bueddl wrote:ok, I asked her. Now I gonna wait for a response ;-) I have no problem to close this server. If it is against teh rules, then sure I wil close :D

But I am not sure, so just let's wait :)
When i asked you about it yesterday you said all the fs maps where deleted when you found out it wasn't allowed. All maps on the server where ok now, but you didn't change the name because you where afraid people couldn't find the server again.

So yeah, lol.

Think the rule of "big competition tracks" still stands (atleast its posted all over the forum). Last time i checked competitions like ESWC, ESL, TNA, STC etc aren't anywhere near FS or dirt maps, so i don't know what's the problem. And no, just because ESL has a FS ladder doesn't mean it should be allowed, if that was the case also mini's would be fine.

Generator
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF - TMUF
Manialink(s): Generator

Post by Generator » 15 Mar 2009 03:38

I remember Bueddl actually asking Alinoa if it was OK and she said yes at the time.. You're all arguing over a topic that was discussed 6 month ago...

Alinoa personally visted their server to check it with no probs...
Yes, rules might have changed but Zero servers got Alinoa's full approval at the time, I remember the discussion.
Customize your virtual world to the max! >> http://www.virtualcustoms.net
3D Models, 2D skins & horns on my Manialink >> Generatorcolor>

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 15 Mar 2009 08:47

still not clear.....is it allowed now or not?

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 15 Mar 2009 12:21

Generator wrote:I remember Bueddl actually asking Alinoa if it was OK and she said yes at the time.. You're all arguing over a topic that was discussed 6 month ago...

Alinoa personally visted their server to check it with no probs...
Yes, rules might have changed but Zero servers got Alinoa's full approval at the time, I remember the discussion.
right.

VachE
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS, TM²

Post by VachE » 16 Mar 2009 12:46

Full speed maps should not be allowed on this kind of servers.

The rules say < "Big competitions" tracks> only and I have never seen full speed maps in competitions organized by ET Tournament or similar.

Yes, u'll say that there is competition with only full speed maps...But that's not "big competition".

For me there is no question to ask.

coolmcm
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United

Post by coolmcm » 16 Mar 2009 14:42

Yes but you are not asked :) I think it is true that no Cross/dirt Maps are allowed on 90k Server. Bueddl has to close half of the 90k Server in Tm. And second how can you control all Server that no Fs Maps are There? Can you drive all server and control?

And ESL is bigger than ET-Generation and the is Premiership only FS Maps with the best drivers in TM :roflol:

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Pesky » 16 Mar 2009 15:15

coolmcm wrote:I think it is true that no Cross/dirt Maps are allowed on 90k Server. Bueddl has to close half of the 90k Server in Tm.
Wrong. Dirt is of course allowed on 90K. I personally asked Alinoa by pm a few month ago before we opened up ours. If you want i can show it to you :) And there are plenty of Dirt-Servers out there now.
And its also allowed on RoC. Our Dirt-only RoC was allowed by Alinoa personally like all RoC and all the Maps we use had been checked and approved by her. But....no Fullspeed Maps ;)

Still...an official statement here would be nice because we are running in circles.

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 16 Mar 2009 17:34

VachE wrote:Full speed maps should not be allowed on this kind of servers.

The rules say < "Big competitions" tracks> only and I have never seen full speed maps in competitions organized by ET Tournament or similar.

Yes, u'll say that there is competition with only full speed maps...But that's not "big competition".

For me there is no question to ask.
This is what you think. You cannot close servers cause of your preferences...
And cause of that sentence "but this s nto bug competition" It is not you who decides, what big competition is....
Pesky wrote:
coolmcm wrote:I think it is true that no Cross/dirt Maps are allowed on 90k Server. Bueddl has to close half of the 90k Server in Tm.
Wrong. Dirt is of course allowed on 90K. I personally asked Alinoa by pm a few month ago before we opened up ours. If you want i can show it to you :) And there are plenty of Dirt-Servers out there now.
And its also allowed on RoC. Our Dirt-only RoC was allowed by Alinoa personally like all RoC and all the Maps we use had been checked and approved by her. But....no Fullspeed Maps ;)

Still...an official statement here would be nice because we are running in circles.
And if this is wrong, fs is allowed too, cause Alinoa posted in same topic and in the same sentence ^_^

And if I may ask you all:

Why the hell do you talk about a topic which has no base to be discussed? There is no rule defined for (not official!!!), so it does nto make sence to say "I think it should not be allowed cause ...... or our srever si good, IT has dirt, and yours with fs maps is crap...

THIS ABSOLUTLY DOEN NOT MAKE THE SITUATION BETTER!

So let's wait. I think we will hear something from Alinoa, but It needs time. So just wait and dont post such stupid crap please...

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 17 Mar 2009 04:36

Hi all! :D

I am TwoEagles, one of the new Ladder Server Moderators. Many of you already know me, many probably do not... yet! :lol: I tend to read this forum a lot more than I post. Anyways, a bit of intro about me: I am in an international clan with members on 4 continents, a ManiaZones Mod for the USA, ESL Admin, and have recently started a 0k - 60k server which I hope to have on dedi soon, (with challenging and fun-to-drive custom maps, more as training for the higher level servers) with all the toys and perks, but it seems to be taking some time to get everything in order. I take this responsibility seriously, but I do not take myself seriously, since I prefer to see the humor in things, and optimistic that people here just want to have fun together. :wink: I can see this discussion and debates already have begun, but don't worry too much about things, please. As long as the servers meet the listed rules, there will be no problems with them. We are players the same as everyone else; fun-loving, hard-driving individuals who enjoy the same things as the rest of the community. I have reviewed dozens of servers already, and have yet to find one in violation of the rules listed. If there are any questions, comments, or other ideas you may have or wish to ask, my login is twoeagles, in-game, the same as ManiaZones, and here. Rest assured that none of the Ladder Server Mods would arbitrarily close a server, and if they should have to close one for valid cause, it can be restored simply by adhering to the rule(s) it was closed for and sending an in-game message to the Mod that closed it. They would then review, and reopen it. Any rules that are still misunderstood will obviously be clarified by Nadeo before action is taken, but, quite simply, I don't think that there are any that are really not that clear at this point. Experienced players know what to look for, and know what type of maps and server they are looking at, and the rules are very simple. GGA & A++ 8)

(Now let the discussions resume) :roflol:

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Pesky » 17 Mar 2009 11:14

Bueddl wrote: So just wait and dont post such stupid crap please...

I didnt saw any crap here...i just saw a discussion :roll:

:thumbsup: for you Post twoeagles

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 17 Mar 2009 17:03

Touble is over^_^

Here is a official statement of Alinoa (posted via mail)
Some kind of full speed tracks can be tolerated on 60k/90k servers if they are difficult, if players have to learn them to finish them for example. A full speed track PF is not allowed. So players can add some "full speed" tracks for 60k/90k servers. They can also add tracks containing speed parts if their tracks are also technical and their length > 45 seconds.
This is a big difference with RoC servers where FS tracks are not allowed at all.
Here is also a post viewtopic.php?p=147810#p147810

I think this maked the situation a bit more clear. :) But I dont think that we will close any 60/90k, just if it really needed or the tracks are really to easy :-P

:1

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 02 Apr 2009 14:24

Hi all^^

We made some changes for the servers moderation to make the system again more automatic. The ladder servers rules have been edited on the player page as follows :
Please notice that the limits of your server are automatically back to 0/50k if your server doesn't respect the following rules : round mod for 60k/90k servers and RoC servers, no password for spectators and players for all servers. No message will be sent by Ladder Servers Moderators to warn you. Please fix these issues and restart your server to restore the suitable limits.

Cheers,
Alinoa
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

TangoFoxtrot
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMNF TM2

Post by TangoFoxtrot » 08 Apr 2009 02:33

Alinoa wrote:Hi all :D

Some players can now moderate the +50 servers AND the RoC servers. We provided them a tool making the moderation more automatic. So now, if your server doesn't respect the ladder servers rules (you can find them in the “ladder servers” section of the player page), the Ladder Servers Moderators will change the limits back to 0/50k and your coppers will be kept. You will be informed of these changes by an in game message.
To have your server limits and your coppers restored, fix the ladder servers issues and then contact the ladder servers moderators by an in game message.
They will restore the limits but you have to restart your server to redefine the limits of your server.
Lemat and Zooz have accepted to moderate the ladder servers.
Three new moderators accepted to join the team : Bueddl, TwoEagles and Vache. There are now 5 ladder servers moderators.
Thanks to them for doing this and thanks to you to give a warm welcome to them ^_^
They do their best to moderate the servers as they can. And please forgive them if they make some errors, they have to learn to use the script.

Changes for the ladder servers moderation (2009 April 2rd) :
Please notice that the limits of your server are automatically back to 0/50k if your server doesn't respect the following rules : round mod for 60k/90k servers and RoC servers, no password for spectators and players for all servers. No message will be sent by Ladder Servers Moderators to warn you. Please fix these issues and restart your server to restore the suitable limits.

Cheers,
Alinoa

Last edited by Alinoa on Fri Apr 13

Maybe it would be more appropriate to create a tool for catching all those hacking players, punkbuster would be the choice!.

50cc Clan leader www.50ccclan.site88.net

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 13 May 2009 19:33

bueddl pls be so nice and replay to my answer.

u changed the server limits of Rookies Forever cause of server dont respecting the maxplayers?? maxplayers is always 16 and so its now. why u change the limits of servers respecting the rules??

dedicated cfg file date is january.

obvious u made a mistake by checking the limits of this nice full server. so now my server is empty instead of full as every evening.

i'm really angry about that. hopefully u will excuse for ur mistake and change it back immidiatly. :) cause it is really not my fault or anybody elses.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

apovtx
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMN
Manialink(s): funteam

Post by apovtx » 14 May 2009 07:44

Do you wanna be a journalist?
Contact me with PM!