Big competition tracks

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Big competition tracks

Post by Knutselmaaster » 12 Mar 2009 10:04

I just opened a 60-90k server.
Made sure no tracks are shorter than 45secs.
But i'm a little confused by "Big Competition Tracks"
Does this mean only tracks with "ESL", "ESWC" etc in their name are allowed, and if so, which competitions are big enough?
Is there a list of tracks that are allowed?
Are there simple rules that i can check regarding what is exactly allowed and what is not?

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Big competition tracks

Post by =THC=Flash » 12 Mar 2009 11:58

I have a 70-90k Server that haves only Big Competition tracks, as Nadeo requests in his rulles ( ESWC, ESL, UL, ET, etc...). Unfortunetly, i know a few servers that dont have this kind of tracks, and they still are 60-90k servers. One of them is SPEED - FUN, that haves 3 60-90k servers, and all the tracks there have in fact more than 45 sec. but the tracks are defenetly not Big Competion, they are very easy to race, and i think thats why those servers are always full, because its an easy way to make points there, even for not skilled players. Maybe Zooz can take a look on it? :mrgreen:

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 12 Mar 2009 12:18

In one Thread here regarding the Ladder rules Alinoa stated that the rules given on the Site where you modify your dedicated Accounts are not complete.

The Main Rule for 60-90K Servers is Tracklengh >45secs , no Fullspeed and some technical parts as far as i remember. But no need to only use ESL, ESCW etcpp.

Same goes for an RoC. Alinoa approved many Maps for our Server which are only 55 secs or so long but challenging.
And these Maps (and the same kind and level of challenge) is on our 60-90K Servers too, so it cant be wrong.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 12 Mar 2009 12:22

Yes, fullspeed tracks aren't allowed on 90k servers, if you see that, tell me :P

Other than that, "big competition" doesn't have to be taken literally as far as I know, if the track has good Rounds-driving qualities (no lucky parts, no major hidden cuts, no broken respawns, not too easy or platformtrack-like difficulty) it might as well be a competition track and will therefore be allowed.

But of course Alinoa makes the rules, not me ^^

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by =THC=Flash » 12 Mar 2009 12:24

Pesky wrote:In one Thread here regarding the Ladder rules Alinoa stated that the rules given on the Site where you modify your dedicated Accounts are not complete.

The Main Rule for 60-90K Servers is Tracklengh >45secs , no Fullspeed and some technical parts as far as i remember. But no need to only use ESL, ESCW etcpp.

Same goes for an RoC. Alinoa approved many Maps for our Server which are only 55 secs or so long but challenging.
And these Maps (and the same kind and level of challenge) is on our 60-90K Servers too, so it cant be wrong.
"Not complete" means that it stills missing some information, not the information that is there is wrong. And there says "Big Competition Tracks only". So i think that rulle its a must for the 60-90k Servers. This is only my interpretation of the rulles, that i think is correct, because its written there. :1

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 12 Mar 2009 13:49

If i understand well, full speed tracks arent allowed, only if there is "challengeing" parts in it.
I'll check my tracks on that.
Zooz, you talk about respawnpoints must work, does that mean it's not allowed to disable respawn?
People of 60k + calibur don't need that do they?
At least that's my opinion....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 12 Mar 2009 15:43

Well, I don't know really, in TMU respawn is always on even in the top matches so I didn't even think about the possibility of it being off. Not sure how it is in tmn though. But if respawns are on, it must be possible to finish from any check.

And if you don't need respawns on unknown tracks, the track is probably too easy :mrgreen:

Also, as i said, Alinoa makes the rules, not me, so no need to take everything I say literally. I wouldn't mind some clarification from Nadeo either.

Stoppi
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Stoppi » 12 Mar 2009 16:13

Zooz wrote:Yes, fullspeed tracks aren't allowed on 90k servers, if you see that, tell me :P
They are all over the place, you only have to look at the name most of the time. In a few secs i allready spotted 70-90k servers called:
- Speed - Fun
- Speed - Fun 2
- Speed - Fun 3
- Pro Fullspeed >Zero<

I didn't check all the tracks, but the name clearly suggests FS tracks.

Its actually hard to find a few servers who use big tournament tracks. Its all dirt/nadeo/fs.
I think thats very weird, if you look at it the top servers should only have long and hard tech. The biggest TM tournaments (ESWC,TNA,STC,ESL,Clanbase etc) all use the same kind of tracks, so the highest servers should only use that style of tracks, and the best ranked players should be able to drive well on those tracks. I don't think there are any big tournaments that use 2 minutes dirt tracks or Nadeo tracks...

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 12 Mar 2009 20:16

Stoppi you play on my server sometimes.
The Pro server is a nice mix, and the fs tracks (wich are quite a minority) are chellengeing enough.
It isn't only long and hard tech, but i find it acceptable with some exeptions that i'm taking out of the playlist as soon as i finish typing.

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Pesky » 12 Mar 2009 21:12

Stoppi wrote: . I don't think there are any big tournaments that use 2 minutes dirt tracks or Nadeo tracks...

ESL Dirt-Ladder starts soon so that doesnt count anymore ;)

Dirt can be challenging as much as hard Tarmac Tech or any other Envy in TMUF. Its all a matter of taste.

I like the fact that there are more variations of Tracks on the higher ranked servers and not the same few Maps all over the place.

And if you want to be in the top100 you need to drive TMU Envys anyway. No way to make it up there as a Stadium Freak like me :)

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by =THC=Flash » 13 Mar 2009 10:06

Pesky wrote:And if you want to be in the top100 you need to drive TMU Envys anyway. No way to make it up there as a Stadium Freak like me :)
I am 47 in world ladder and i only play Stadium :P

Stoppie
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Stoppie » 13 Mar 2009 10:52

Pesky wrote:
Stoppi wrote: . I don't think there are any big tournaments that use 2 minutes dirt tracks or Nadeo tracks...

ESL Dirt-Ladder starts soon so that doesnt count anymore ;)

Dirt can be challenging as much as hard Tarmac Tech or any other Envy in TMUF. Its all a matter of taste.

I like the fact that there are more variations of Tracks on the higher ranked servers and not the same few Maps all over the place.

And if you want to be in the top100 you need to drive TMU Envys anyway. No way to make it up there as a Stadium Freak like me :)
ESL also runs competitions with full speed and mini's, that doesn't mean those tracks are allowed...

And i'm not saying dirt is easier or it doesn't require any skill to drive it. I'm just saying Nadeo made rules, and they should enforce them...

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Pesky » 13 Mar 2009 12:05

Stoppie wrote:
ESL also runs competitions with full speed and mini's, that doesn't mean those tracks are allowed...
True....
It just reflects that driving Dirt became more successful in the last cpl of months. And not because its easy. Its for something different within the Stadium Envy.

but i dont think we should discuss too much about dirt here.
Alinoa agreed to Dirt-RoC Servers (It wasnt ours which was first in Line) and all of our Maps are personally checked by her and she agreed to all of them. And the same kind of Maps (or the same Maps of course ) within the 45sec-noFS-Rule are on our 90K Servers.

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 16 Mar 2009 16:38

ok, for 60/90k servers, some full speed tracks can be tolerated. I mean those which have skill on it and for which players should train to finish it. Some full speed tracks can be difficult and those are allowed.
Now, for the RoC servers, they are not allowed.

edited on 2009 march 17th
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by =THC=Flash » 16 Mar 2009 16:55

Since the Tracks for the 60-90k servers are not approved by Nadeo, who is going to decide if that FS tracks, can or cant be on that server? Some might think yes, some might think no :? Regarding the RoC servers, FS tracks are "allowed"? :shock: Or did you ment "not allowed" Alinoa? ( more wise i supose ) :wink: