RoC tracks

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

RoC tracks

Post by Alinoa » 16 Mar 2009 17:06

Hi all :)

10/19 : NEW RULE
The tracks number is limited to 14 so that players can learn them before.

ESWC tracks and ESL (major series and premiership) whose length is >= 45 seconds are validated without consultation. There are now a dirt series ESL. The dirt RoC servers can use those tracks if they don't have been built with mix mapping (the last pack contained some mix mapping tracks) and if their length is >= 45 seconds.
Tracks from the following ET leagues can also be selected without consultation (>= 45 seconds as usual) :
- Any UL
- GC3 or later
- ET Ladder (ET| tag)
- LE3 or later
- Any SL
- FET2 or later
- FETN and miniFET
- Any UC
- Any NC or STC
To find those tracks, you can visit the TMX website and also ESWC website, ESL website and ET website (look in the Map Archive or on league pages).

So if you want to change your RoC tracks, please pick tracks among those quoted above and for other tracks only those that I already validated. ESL fullspeed tracks are allowed.

Cheers,
Alinoa
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Moriddin
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF

Re: RoC tracks

Post by Moriddin » 17 Mar 2009 08:16

Just out of curiousity,

Did no one ever asked for the clanbase (CB) or TNA cup tracks (of course >45 sec) or did you find these not hard enough for RoC?

I think those tracks are of the same skill level as ESL and they are from "big competitions".

Domi
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by Domi » 18 Mar 2009 14:21

yea , good point Moriddin, i think those tracks should be ok with rules :)

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 18 Mar 2009 15:00

Well that is about as specific as you can be, regarding the permissible RoC tracks! :thumbsup: Thank you for the info, AlinoA! :lol: I already have a lot of the ones listed downloaded to my pc, so, unless they become outdated, would make for a good RoC proposal. 8)

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 18 Mar 2009 23:59

Thanks, finally we have a real clear answer.

Stoppi
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Stoppi » 29 Mar 2009 03:30

I have a pack of maps (little over 250) from the big competitions like ESWC, ESL, GC, NC, UL. Jamie once mailed it to me. So it should save you some trouble getting the maps from tmx etc. One small warning the latest aren't included, i think for the last few months/1 year aren't in it.

Link (2.5Mb)

Thnx to Jamie :thumbsup:

Ah and btw, i think there is no reason to exclude Clanbase and TNA tracks. Both pretty big competitions with the exact same style as the other competitions..

Drago
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU-F

Post by Drago » 29 Mar 2009 22:28

Important Question about the maximum Number of available Maps that are allowed during the RoC Time ? Is there a official rule or statement from Nadeo (maybe with a Link)

Sorry,so far i didn't found anything about this.

Drago
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU-F

Post by Drago » 01 Apr 2009 20:53

So,there is no real MapLimit during the RoC Time ?

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 20 Apr 2009 13:30

I think this limitation shoudl be like the limit told from Alinoa to me as I opened the Zero Roc, this was 14 maps. Too many maps are just unfair to play on Roc. Even if there is a download link for the maps.

14 Maps are a good number as maximum. You can train them and 14 are not too much.
More maps are not fair - you know them and drive them for years (months) and other players dont have any possibility to get points on those maps - but if there are "just" 14 maps you can train them in a few weeks.

By the way; I got permission to validate new RoC Maps. Just sent them to me at my mail: sebi_buettner@gmx.net
with your login (I really just mean validating maps, not opening new Roc servers - )

=)

GAS.Panos
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Post by GAS.Panos » 22 Apr 2009 11:27

How about the opposite ? What is the minimum number of RoC maps that we should have on RoC servers and for how much time can we keep the same maps running ?
Should we have maps from all 7 environments, or someone can just have maps from one environment only ?

ЭΛ GAS〄尹मภô乌ジ®

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 22 Apr 2009 15:52

Would love to see only "all env" RoC servers. Sucks abit when you drive 4 times rally, 3 times island and snow and no desert or so.

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 25 Apr 2009 19:50

normally there should about 7-14 maps on your roc server. Thats a number of maps which can be trained by the roc players ;)

Terron
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: all full+some betas

Post by Terron » 26 Apr 2009 16:44

Stoppi wrote:I have a pack of maps (little over 250) from the big competitions like ESWC, ESL, GC, NC, UL. Jamie once mailed it to me. So it should save you some trouble getting the maps from tmx etc. One small warning the latest aren't included, i think for the last few months/1 year aren't in it.

Link (2.5Mb)

Ah and btw, i think there is no reason to exclude Clanbase and TNA tracks. Both pretty big competitions with the exact same style as the other competitions..
please reupload them

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 01 May 2009 00:14

Some maps have been validated by me. You can see and download all validated maps by me here:

http://roc-validation.zero-clan.org/

Just maps listed there are validated by me. Other ones, even if they were sent to me, are not validated ;) (simpel logic^^)
Last edited by Bueddl on 11 May 2009 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

mihailovicb
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

Post by mihailovicb » 01 May 2009 15:48

Stoppi wrote:I have a pack of maps (little over 250) from the big competitions like ESWC, ESL, GC, NC, UL. Jamie once mailed it to me. So it should save you some trouble getting the maps from tmx etc. One small warning the latest aren't included, i think for the last few months/1 year aren't in it.

Link (2.5Mb)

Yea can you reupload pls :)