RoC tracks

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Re: RoC tracks

Post by Bueddl » 01 May 2009 23:47

Last edited by Bueddl on 20 Jun 2009 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jasy69
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Jasy69 » 04 May 2009 12:18

Hi All,

I have 1 question about RoC map upload! Who approved them until AlionA is "out of office"?
Thanks in advance.....

Jasy

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 04 May 2009 15:29

Jasy69 wrote:Hi All,

I have 1 question about RoC map upload! Who approved them until AlionA is "out of office"?
Thanks in advance.....

Jasy
Obviously Alinoa did. :roll:

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 11 May 2009 11:32

Hi,
you can set them to me
email : sebi_buettner@gmx.net

I got permission to validate those maps :)

You can see if your maps has been validated here:

http://users.manialinkhost.de/bueddl/roc-validation/

(please add your ingame login in that mail)

Sorry url changed....
Last edited by Bueddl on 19 Jun 2009 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 17 Jun 2009 05:46

Hi all! :D

I have composed a "short list" of ESWC, ESL, and ET 100k maps (294 total, I think) zipped and placed them on FileDen. :thumbsup:

You can download the pack here: 100k TrackMania Maps.zip. Size is 5.4 Megs. (not too compressed)

But remember, my download space on FileDen is limited, so don't ask me to reload, you will have to wait till the end of the month to d/l if my bandwidth is maxed out, so get 'em fast and...

Enjoy! :lovetm
:}{:

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 19 Jun 2009 18:45

the url changed of my vaidated maps:

http://users.manialinkhost.de/bueddl/roc-validation/

You can now upload your maps and look up if they have been validated.

Jasy69
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Jasy69 » 04 Jul 2009 08:38

THX Bueddl, i upload few maps...

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 16 Jul 2009 06:25

I see^^ I will have a look, which maps can be validated, at the moment these are too much^^
I dont have many time for the moment, so we will see, how to handle this...

Cheers,
Bueddl

vatermaniac
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,TMX,TMF

Post by vatermaniac » 18 Jul 2009 08:09

So many Maps are waiting....

who will be your sub-agent???

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 19 Jul 2009 21:47

Hi,

there won't be any sub-agent.. I still hasn't the time yet to check them..
This will change in the upcoming weeks, so stay cool and wait a little more ;)

Cheers :1
Bueddl

JohnSinclair
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

Post by JohnSinclair » 09 Aug 2009 16:13

Bueddl wrote:I think this limitation shoudl be like the limit told from Alinoa to me as I opened the Zero Roc, this was 14 maps. Too many maps are just unfair to play on Roc. Even if there is a download link for the maps.

14 Maps are a good number as maximum. You can train them and 14 are not too much.
More maps are not fair - you know them and drive them for years (months) and other players dont have any possibility to get points on those maps - but if there are "just" 14 maps you can train them in a few weeks.

=)
So this Server are breaking a rule.39 Maps during Roc Time.Do you think this is fair ? Where are the Ladder Moderators to stop this ?

http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?fil ... erYJoL.JPG

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 09 Aug 2009 20:00

I am sorry, but I cannot close a server cause it has 39 Maps.

You ever tryed to ask the admin of the server if he could reduce the number of maps? Please try thiis first ;)

Büddl

JohnSinclair
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

Post by JohnSinclair » 10 Aug 2009 15:11

Bueddl wrote:I am sorry, but I cannot close a server cause it has 39 Maps.

You ever tryed to ask the admin of the server if he could reduce the number of maps? Please try thiis first ;)

Büddl
You are kidding arent you :ftw: ? Of course you can stop this :roflol: At least set the server back to 50K and you will see how fast the Server Admin can reduce the number of available Maps during the Roc Time :grmblz:

Why should other Server Admin respect the rule of maximum 15 Map Rotation during Roc Time if you ignore this in Chase of one of your best friends ? .What's your Job as Ladder Moderator ? .Ignore your own words if you see a Server that doesn't respect a Server Rule ? You even don't take the time to check if these Maps are validated or not,are you ? Once again my Question.What's the Job of a Ladder Moderator if you don't take care of this ?

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bueddl » 11 Aug 2009 09:36

JohnSinclair wrote:
Bueddl wrote:I am sorry, but I cannot close a server cause it has 39 Maps.

Büddl
You are kidding arent you :ftw: ? Of course you can stop this :roflol: At least set the server back to 50K and you will see how fast the Server Admin can reduce the number of available Maps during the Roc Time :grmblz:

Why should other Server Admin respect the rule of maximum 15 Map Rotation during Roc Time if you ignore this in Chase of one of your best friends ? .What's your Job as Ladder Moderator ? .Ignore your own words if you see a Server that doesn't respect a Server Rule ? You even don't take the time to check if these Maps are validated or not,are you ? Once again my Question.What's the Job of a Ladder Moderator if you don't take care of this ?

Hi,

first of all, sure I can stop this, just pressing the button to disconnect the srver from ladder and fall it back to 0/50k mode. Sure I can. But what is this? Then I must everytime, when s.o. has a few failings with his server , then I have to close it immidiatly? I think this isn't very fair. So I proov first what you said and then, when I have my own opinion of this, I will act perhaps as you wnat or perhaps not. It is just that I cannot act without having any idea of this situation, right?

So, please give me the time to check this.

And by the way, I am no friend of the team "Rasta" - I never was, but I am no enemie of them and they arent enemie of me. However, in my Job as Ladder Moderator I have to see this nutral, even if I were friends with them. In my time in the zero clan (I am not any more..), I also had to close a server of them, even I am friends with them..I hope you understand.

Okay, whaty my Job or "Whats the Job of an Ladder Moderator?":
I already said a big part of it, which is in contrast to your opinion:
-Our Job is to proov your issues, to proov , if it is warrented or not.
-Our Job is to tell the server owner, what was wrong and to inform them about the rules sometimes
-Our Job is to close server not respecting the rules - if we really know that they arent respecting, not if we just "think" that they dont <--Here we are at the moment
-Our Job is to arrange between players, espacially in the case of issues depending servers...
-Short said: We proove that playing is fair for everyone, that boosting isnt possible etc. - those are the points for which the new ladder was made since the old tmu and tmn - our job is to check if everyone is respectign this - then fairplay is possible...

However - let me try to check this and give the serveradmin a little time to change his mappack. It woudln't be fair just to close. Just image what you would say if you were the admin of this server...you were not happy if I would close an dsay then "too many maps" ;)

So I first inform him. If the problem stays to next sunday - I will close :)

Bueddl

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 11 Aug 2009 13:22

Bueddl wrote:I think this limitation shoudl be like the limit told from Alinoa to me as I opened the Zero Roc, this was 14 maps. Too many maps are just unfair to play on Roc. Even if there is a download link for the maps.

14 Maps are a good number as maximum. You can train them and 14 are not too much.
Are you sure this in an official rule by nadeo? This sounds more like a suggestion. There's nothing on the player page about the minimum or maximum number of maps during RoC, so we should wait for an official statement by Alinoa about that before taking any further action on servers which have "too many" maps.