Race of Champions (80K-100K) [opened]

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

The_Patriot
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMN

Re: Race of Champions (80K-100K) opening [closed]

Post by The_Patriot » 25 Mar 2009 10:32

Hi
=THC=Flash wrote:There are now a lot of RoC servers avayable to play, with no queues, some of them are actually almost empty, so why dont you just join one of those servers? I dont see why you will only play in a RoC server if it is yours, and not to join one of the existing ones. :roll:
Vielleicht weil niemand in den kurzen 3 Stunden auf Servern fahren möchte die leer sind, oder einpaar schlechter platzierte Spieler sind, wo es dann nur sehr wenige oder gar keine Punkte gibt ?
Warum fährt von den "guten" die hier alles so schön und ok finden niemand auf den leeren Servern, damit dort andere dazu kommen ?
Ihr seht doch alle selber zu dass ihr auf einen Server kommt wo gute Spieler sind damit ihr mehr Punkte bekommt, oder warum fahrt ihr sonst ?

Und noch etwas, schon mal überlegt dass nicht jeder mit United fährt ?
Auf den TMN 100k Servern sah ich keinen leeren Server, alle 100k Server waren mehr als voll !

Was spricht dagegen einen weiteren ROC 100k Server zu haben ? Verliert Nadeo deswegen Geld, kostet es sie etwas, haben sie Schaden deswegen ?
Ich denke ganz im Gegenteil, es wird noch mehr zufriedene Spieler (Kunden) geben, was nur positiv auf Nadeo zurück kommt.
Deshalb verstehe ich das ganze Getue einfach nicht.

Google Translation:
Maybe because nobody in the short 3 hours to drive, the servers are empty, or a few bad players are placed where there are very few or no points?
Why does the "good" here everything is nice and ok no one can find on the empty servers, so that others will come?
You see it all to myself that it comes to a server where players are so good it gets more points, or why else drive it?

And another thing, ever considered that not everyone travels with United?
On the 100k TMN servers, I saw no empty servers, all servers 100k WAREM more than full!

Why not another ROC 100k server have? Nadeo therefore loses money, it costs them something, they have damage that is why?
I think quite the contrary, it will be even more satisfied players (customers) give only a positive effect on what comes back Nadeo.
Therefore I understand the whole fuss is not easy.

PS. If someone engl. translated does not understand, he my own national language in its national language.

Grüsse, Patriot

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 25 Mar 2009 12:12

Du postest besser im deutschen Forum. die Übersetzung von Google ist grauenhaft.

Ich bin am Sonntag auch auf TMNF-RoC gefahren und es waren einige, wo ich nicht länger als 10 Minuten warten musste in der queue. Das stimmt also so nicht. Momentan scheinen es wirklich ausreichend Server zu sein. Und es ist ja bereits angekündigt, das wenn es nicht mehr reichen sollte (Wobei sich die Anzahl der Spieler, die drauf fahren dürfen, nicht besonders steigern kann) es ein neues System geben wird um RoC zu öffnen.

You better post in the German Forum. The google-Translation is crap.

I drove on some TMNF-RoC on Sunday and on the most i didnt had to wait longer than maybe 10 Minutes. So it isnt true that there are not enough Server. Right now it seems to be ok. And its already announced that if theres a need for more Server (Even the number of players allowed to drive on them cant increase that much) that there will be a new System to open up RoC.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 26 Mar 2009 05:39

omg what a discussion.... :shock:

anyway, i am quite sure the are some RoC servers with max 10 players, no need to wait very long. cause my own one is just like that. of course there are always the same ppl. but thats the way it works usually.

so, there are enough RoC servers for everyone right now, it seems. at least for me.

funny to see so many posts from new regged users.... ^^
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

SpeedGirl
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by SpeedGirl » 26 Mar 2009 10:44

Maybe nobody has remembered which joke some people also of Sunday if they 3 hrs 100k server drive theirs want to have, And not all servers have distances which everybody likes. Thus this also contributes perhaps to the fact which some servers remain empty. Maybe one should close the servers, blank remain sometimes, and begin the attempt to let open new servers to give players the opportunity also to try out sometimes other 100k server. Many of the servers are similar with tracks, why do not give the other chance to open a server which contrasts with other a little bit. Certainly one cannot make it to all right, this is clear. However, I think it would make reflect not to stop this thing simply but to give rather sometimes to other server operators chance to open a new 100k and then they, remain blank for time to close. Nevertheless, thus decides automatically which are announced server and the Tm players have the opportunity to find thus theirs favourite.

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 26 Mar 2009 11:38

nouseforname wrote:omg what a discussion.... :shock:

anyway, i am quite sure the are some RoC servers with max 10 players, no need to wait very long. cause my own one is just like that. of course there are always the same ppl. but thats the way it works usually.

so, there are enough RoC servers for everyone right now, it seems. at least for me.

Maximum players allowed in RoC servers is 8, so if you see RoC servers with 10 players playing on it, then you should report that to the moderators, because that is going against Nadeo rulles. And if your Server is set to 10 players, i advise you to change that asap for your own good. :shock:

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 26 Mar 2009 13:49

=THC=Flash wrote:
nouseforname wrote:omg what a discussion.... :shock:

Maximum players allowed in RoC servers is 8, so if you see RoC servers with 10 players playing on it, then you should report that to the moderators, because that is going against Nadeo rulles. And if your Server is set to 10 players, i advise you to change that asap for your own good. :shock:
Unless he meant 8 players +2 specs max were on the server :scene:

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by TMN » 26 Mar 2009 13:51

It should be 8 players and 16 spectator slots. As stated by Nadeo.
>>--- Join us at Catch Gamer 100k server in NOR. ---<<

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 26 Mar 2009 13:54

What I tried to say is that may be he's only seen a maximum of 10 players on some RoCs, 8 playing & 2 spec at best, but with the proper NADEO limits in place :P

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Mar 2009 15:55

At the moment there's 1 empty RoC server, a few that aren't full, and many with no queue (join in spectator mode).

The_Patriot
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMN

Post by The_Patriot » 29 Mar 2009 18:29

Du meinst aber nicht deinen als leeren RoC Server ?
Ist klar, war ja auch bei dir, er laggt ohne ende, das Queue geht nicht bei allen Maps und die Spieler ausblenden Funktion funktioniert nicht.
Ist es dann ein Wunder das er nicht voll ist ?
Man sollte schon alle Fakten auf den Tisch bringen und vor allem einen funktionierenden RoC Server am Sonntag.

However, you do not mean yours as an empty RoC server ?
It is clear, was also with you, he ends laggt without, the Queue does not go with all Maps and the players do not fade out function functioned.
Is it not then a miracle he is full ?
One should already bring all facts on the table and above all a functioning RoC server on Sunday.

Cypher03
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Cypher03 » 29 Mar 2009 19:19

I counted 17 RoC servers today that had at least 6 players on it for most of the 3 hours... and half a dozen stayed emptied for the entire time, while those 17 had on average 5 spectators
Cy*pher var. of CIPHER
a person or thing of no value: nonentity

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 29 Mar 2009 23:20

I spec'ed 5 RoC servers today, and reviewed the maps and their lengths of a dozen more. Many of the servers were, in fact, empty or less than full, but all the servers I looked at appeared to be following the rules. So, now, the primary issue seems to be maps and not knowing them. All RoC maps, aside from those that are already using customs are listed and available for download, either singly or in map-packs. It would be a good idea to obtain and practice these maps, I have collected approx. 40 of them myself. For the customs on servers that have downloads disabled, play on these servers during the week for practice. Remember, in the initial post in this thread, it was stated that there may be a new system coming soon for RoC approvals, by the team techs, which would make things more automatic: I'm thinking that it would mean you use the approved maps, and abide by the rules, pay the coppers, create the server, and start racing! 8)

ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: faadfad

Post by ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ » 31 Mar 2009 16:43

Yesterday i think official roc server opened 1 hour later.From 15GMT opened 16GMT.
Anyone knows why?
Was hour change?

Thanks a lot

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 31 Mar 2009 16:45

ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ wrote:Yesterday i think official roc server opened 1 hour later.From 15GMT opened 16GMT.
Anyone knows why?
Was hour change?
DST (Daylight Saving Time) or Summertime went into effect in Europe. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 03 Apr 2009 19:24

I dont knwo, why you complaiun about the closign of the Roc Server Registration.

When you buy this game, nowhere is said, that you can open roc servers. There are enougth roc servers. In the forum youc an fidn a list of those servers, most of them is with a join link. There are currently: 32 Roc Servers.

100-300 Players have 90k points and more. About 1000-1500 players have more than 80k points (lower limit of Roc servers)
So there are 300 slots "needed" and 1500 slots additional.

32 Roc servers maked 256 slots: BUT there is a rule called player rotation. So, if we think one roudn needs 7 minutes and each roudn will be 2 persons kicked or however, a rotationof 2 players (setting on most roc servers). So, each 7 minutes we have on 32 servers 2 new players => 64 players.

Roc time is from 16:00 CET to 19:00 CET, so 3 hours. In 3 hours you can drive 26 maps. So, 26 x 64 new players makes: 670 players rotated.

So we have at all 926 slots: enought for all palyers with 90k points and enought for 1/3 of the players with more than 80k points.

Enought of this :?: mathematic :?: stuff ^_^ :1

Now begin to think about this^^

Most players with 80k+ dont drive roc! So, there are enought slots for players, who wanna play "roc".
When you just found a few or 10 of these servers - sorry, then you shoudl begin to use brain or google - or in the most situations: both. :roflol:

Then there stays the question: why not mroe servers - why did Alinoa/Nadeo not validate MY server..etc..

First: Can't you drive on other servers - must they be hosted by you? I think no. It could not be the reason, that you did not found a free slot on roc servers. - Yes of course, the player slots are not empty at roc time - why shoule them be...but on every servers is at lest (or at most) one free spec place especially for you ;-)

With closing the roc opening, Nadeo/Alinoa did a good step for all roc hosters, cause their servers are now more "attractive" for all roc players. If they coudl everytime opened new servers, there woudl be step by step less players on the roc servers. Then - when we have to many of those roc servers - roc wound not be an "event" and most would not get points in nearly empty Roc servers.

So I think this descision is really good and everyone, who complains about this and who drives roc shoudl think about the consequences of more and more roc servers ;-) And propably about the hardness of a descission like this - It is not easy to say, when to stop the opening :)

So take it easy and drive - don't waste your and our time by complainign about points already discussed by Nadeo Staff ;-)

So have a nice week end and have fun at Roc ;-) :1 :1 :lovetm