Complaining about Speed-Fun United server

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

prisoner
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: tmu,tmn

Complaining about Speed-Fun United server

Post by prisoner » 21 Apr 2009 15:09

On the 12th of April I connected to the mentioned server and, to my perception, without breaking any of the rules on the 19th of April I found myself Blacklisted
Here is how the whole thing went.
The first thing asked was whether they have a wu (which they don’t).
After starting the game and gained the 2nd position in a map, all the sudden I was disconnected. When I got connected again I asked if I had a kick or disconnect (it was in fact a disconnect), I thanked them for the answer, without knowing what was to follow.

Quite often, between laps there was a such a lag that you could lose one whole round.

The dialog followed between me and mister Kick is in the screen shot where there is another player mentioning the same problem.

In the question why would you insist on playing in that server, the answer is (with no offense) because there, is very easy to collect lps :roflol:

The screen shots 3-4 are from another player located in Germany not from my pc, after the roc and they clearly show their problem (packet lost 60)

I would also like any Admin answer to be based on actual data as I have done and not on hypotheses.

If somebody believes that they play fair np I accept every commend (is not the end of the world)

Have Fun
ATHENS 21/4
ALEX

ps In Never had sucks a big lag problem on other Roc SERVERS

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Complaining about Speed-Fun United server

Post by =THC=Flash » 22 Apr 2009 09:18

This screens you taken dont prove nothing, you should have taken a screen where you were blacklisted. If so, that is clearly a rulle violation from those server admins. But with no solid prove of that, i think there is nothing server moderators can do about it. :mrgreen:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 22 Apr 2009 11:58

As a 100k server admin I know that people complaining about lag is really annoying :mrgreen:
We can't help it and we're not lagging you up on purpose ok?

From the screenshots, in this discussion it looks like you were being an ass about it, trying to challenge the admins, while the initial reply from the server admin, "go to another server" was perfectly logical and it is what I would have said. Only after that, they forced you to go to another server by blacklist. I think it was justified.

It's not really allowed to blacklist like that though. You can maybe ban a player for 1 RoC session if they are being really annoying and taking away from the fun of others. And I think you were being quite annoying to the server admins.

So, if you are still banned next week, say it (and give some REAL PROOF, nothing here shows that you were actually banned or blacklisted) and we might do something about it. It's definately not allowed to ban for a long time, since servers have to be public.

prisoner
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by prisoner » 23 Apr 2009 08:27

As i said before i accept any commend positive or negative , So far 2 players believe that the admins decision ist ok so np i accept that :lovetm :thumbsup: Nobody is perfect
Yes i dont have THE screen shot , big mistake :grmblz:
Anyway the admins and me know if i was blacklisted or not but doesnt matter any more
Believe me your posts are very helpful in order to understand how the admins think about,although it doesnt mean that i agree, but i must deal with it
Thanks for your time. Is not the end of the world
Alex

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 26 Apr 2009 19:28

The big problem with this server isn't only the lags, lots of players always lose the connection to this server. Most of them have complained about that, even their own SFD team members, but the admin (juniorkick) just ignores these complaints or gives wrong advice.

E.g. two weeks ago I had a lag of 15 sec at the start, I told it to the admin, but he just replied that I should lower my graphics settings. Obviously he doesn't know the difference between lags (bad internet connection) and stuttering (slow gpu or cpu). My graphics config usually gives me 100-150 frames/sec.

RoC on this sunday started similar to the provious ones, first I got disconnected:
Obviously I wasn't the only one, grimmister got disconnected too. Right after that, everybody who finshed got banned due to validation failure. I think this is due to the bad connection to the server:
This issue got fixed some time later, so that everybody could connect to the server again, but things didn't get better as SFD member Whaxel got banned (validation failed):
Some players losing connection (Aerich, and obviously CarlosG too):
Finally server got closed down by admin after some more complaints:
43.16 is too short for a RoC map, if it's the AT that counts.

Two members of SFD told me that the server is installed on a home PC, obviously with a very bad internet connection, too slow to handle 8 players or more. So I think this server should not have the right to host a RoC as long as these issues are not fixed. It's more like a lottery on this server for almost everyone to get disconnected or banned, or to win :)

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by TMN » 26 Apr 2009 20:09

I bet its fun playing on a server like that, 15 sec start lag and no WarmUP.. :S
Disconnection all the time... the 100k rights should be taken away until
a proper connection is there, so players can play normal.
And there should be WarmUp on all servers, so even if someone
got little start lag, they could still enjoy the race.

Shady.
>>--- Join us at Catch Gamer 100k server in NOR. ---<<

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 26 Apr 2009 22:43

Why dont you just pick another RoC server to play on? There are 32 RoC servers at the moment you know? Leave the bad ones emptys, and join the good ones. :thumbsup:

prisoner
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by prisoner » 27 Apr 2009 07:04

I make the mistake once ,and never again :grmblz:
But now a lot of players know what kind of server is that
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 27 Apr 2009 08:09

=THC=Flash wrote:Why dont you just pick another RoC server to play on? There are 32 RoC servers at the moment you know? Leave the bad ones emptys, and join the good ones. :thumbsup:
Since RoC servers are public, everybody should be able to play on them. This is not the case with this one. Of course we can all play on another server, but then only SFD-members are left on their own server and it would be public only in theory. That's not the spirit of RoC.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 27 Apr 2009 13:05

It's not illegal to have a bad connection, and some players can have a good connection and others a bad one to the same server. Just find another server if that one doesn't work out for you. Some players have big connection issues on my server too but for others it works fine. And I would tell those players with issues to find a server that's less laggy for them.

And wouldn't the SFD members have these connection issues too if it was the server's issue? After all, it should affect everyone in that case.
Dr. Kaputnik wrote: 43.16 is too short for a RoC map, if it's the AT that counts.
It is the gold medal that counts, as long as it hasn't been modified manually. This means a 43s AT is acceptable (only just).

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 27 Apr 2009 16:46

Zooz wrote:And wouldn't the SFD members have these connection issues too if it was the server's issue? After all, it should affect everyone in that case.
SFD members had these connection issues too. SFD-Pankrat disappeared after the first ban-attack, SFD-Whaxel is the one who got banned in the 3rd screenshot, and in the last screenshot (first two chatlines) SFD-RockE replies to a disconnect of SFD-Holzi (who is server operator), translation of these two lines:
[SFD-RockE] it's not getting better with you Holzi
[SFD-RockE] but it's not a server issue ;-)

So, they all know very well that there is a big connection problem on server side, but their admin juniorkick just doesn't care. Maybe juniorkick should tell us what bandwith the server has, I guess it's less than 200 kbit/sec upload.

holzi3441
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by holzi3441 » 05 May 2009 21:41

@ Dr. Kaputnik:
Play on our Server and live whit your bad connection (because its not for all a bad connection) or search for another server (like zooz said). It´s so easy. But we don´t want to pay for a better connection that you can play on a server that you want to see closed. If you want a perfect RoC Server, make your own and i am shure that i will found some things that i can post about your beautiful server (with many scrennshots).
We are not breaking any rules.

@ prisoner:
Nice Screenshots, but where are the other 20 Pages and the one whit the ban? To much is to much and your ban was a good thing for all the other players on our server.

I know my english is bad.

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 06 May 2009 14:23

holzi3441 wrote:@ Dr. Kaputnik:
Play on our Server and live whit your bad connection (because its not for all a bad connection) or search for another server (like zooz said). It´s so easy. But we don´t want to pay for a better connection that you can play on a server that you want to see closed. If you want a perfect RoC Server, make your own and i am shure that i will found some things that i can post about your beautiful server (with many scrennshots).
We are not breaking any rules.
In fact I am running a 90k server, but I am not planning to get it approved for RoC. But if I hear about problems with my server, I take them serious and try to care about them.

In this case your admin juniorkick now seems to be unwilling to care about his servers' problems. He knows about them since January (there's a thread about SFD-server problems in the SFD-forum), he said he wanted to do a test with this server, but he cancelled it without clear reason.

Btw. Juniorkick is running three 90k servers at the same time on his computer, which might be the reason for the bad connection: bandwith problems which might simply be solved by closing one of the servers at least temporarily for the RoC. At least I have no connection problems as long as there aren't too many players on these servers, but with more than 30 players online it starts to become laggy. As long as there are no connection problems with SFD-servers, I don't see why I shouldn't play there. Also I usually don't have connection problems with other servers, so it shouldn't be my connection that causes the troubles here.

prisoner
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by prisoner » 06 May 2009 16:58

Hi holzi3441

1 Very fast reply bravo :roflol: after 15 DAYS
2 i was Blacklisted not baned
3 i dont f... care anymore about your server thanks god you are not the only ROC sever

ThaTs s my last and finally post in this Topic

Your server is the best :sucks: :sucks: :sucks: :sucks: :sucks:

Racefox'Manfred
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by Racefox'Manfred » 07 May 2009 08:43

Yeah, lag is a very big problem on their servers.
Played on one of the 90k servers with one of my friends, and i was able to start after 2 minutes lag.
And that nearly every map. Sometimes rounds starts 5 sec later for me and some other. Thats no fun!
First already had 20 of 30 points. Just stupid. And no! It's not cause of my connection, I've got 25 Mbit and no problem on any other server.

By the way, I am blacklisted with my second account on ALL their servers since the beginning of the year.
Maybe i need to report this here? No, i don't think so, there is no fun playing there...just stupid.
Just a person who wants to host many 90k servers, but don't want to pay anything for it...
and if anyone says somthing against it (lags, maps or settings) they will be blacked and banned (me, without warning!)...
I didn't care about the ban, cause it was a 50k server at that time.

Just wanted to say this here. You will never see me again on your s..... servers. I will continue playing on Zero servers :)
Maybe others should do this, too...