Complaining about Speed-Fun United server

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Complaining about Speed-Fun United server

Post by Zooz » 07 May 2009 20:45

Hmm, if a bunch of people post "I'm blacklisted" proof screenshots here i might do something about it :mrgreen:

JuniorKick
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by JuniorKick » 08 May 2009 13:49

Hey boys what are the Problem? You have bad connections? Ok then look for other servers. We have no Problem when some driver with bad connections dont come again. I dont understand why they come again and again and have so much problems. When i am have this problem on a other server i dont drive there anymore and the problem is fix.

@zooz:
I can send you the hole logins of players they are blacklisted. And what do you want do do then?

@Racefox´Manfred
When you have so much Problems, then be happy that you 2. Acc are blacklist, so you dont must play on a bad server. By the way, what is your login from your 2. Acc, then i can post what are the background.

And for the connections Problems:
We have over 40 Members and some of them have Connection Problems too. But
1. They Problems are not only when the server are full
2. Only the same players and much other dont have any Problems
Result: The Problems are beetween some Players and the Server and not for all. So it my be a problem by the hosts and the configure of the pc and internet, and it dont can fix it for all. It´s like zooz have say it.

RoC Server:

For my personal i dont need a RoC Server, i am have done it, because some members want it. So i dont have a Problem to close it. But one thing is absolut: No Speed-Fun Server breaks any Rule.

When we want to discuss about anything that are importend then i post gladly again.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 08 May 2009 19:24

What I want to do with it is removing the ladder limits of the server until they get unblacklisted (at least the ones that have been on there for long), because it's not allowed to blacklist players for a long period on ladder servers - they have to be public servers, look in the rules. So that's a rule your servers are breaking right there.

But since you just admitted it yourself you saved me the trouble of having to collect screenshots :mrgreen:

To the others, are you all blacklisted on only one of the Speed - Fun servers or all of them?

JuniorKick
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JuniorKick » 09 May 2009 09:46

Hi Zooz,

thx for removing the ladder limits of ouer server at Friday 9:30 pm.

I think you have misunderstand my post with:
"I can send you the blacklist. And what will you do then".

I have mean, what will you do against players they have a Avatar with naked children, or playername like "pimmelfotze" and "ihateniggers". Those players we have taken on a blacklist, and players they dont respect other players and so on.

But you (Nadeo) are the bos of TM and so we have unblacklisted all players.

Now we are tense to see you reacting as fast as you reacting to removing the ladder limits.

Hallo zooz
Vielen Dank das du uns die Server auf einen Freitag um 21:30 Uhr auf 50 K setzt!

Wir denken das du den Satz: "Ich lann dir die Blacklist zusenden.Und was willst du dann machen" falsch verstanden hast. Wir meinten damit: Was unternimmst du dann gegen Spieler die ein Avatar mit nackten Kindernbilden haben oder Spielernamen haben wie "pimmelfotze" oder "ihateniggers". Weil solche Spieler und Spieler die andere Spieler auf gröbste beleidigt haben auf der Blacklist gestanden haben.

Aber egal, denn du, also Nadeo ist der Chef von TM und somit haben wir die blacklist jetzt gelöscht.

Jetzt sind wir aber auch gepannt ob du genauso schnell wieder reagierst wie du mit deinem Entzug reagiert hast.

MfG

JK

holzi3441
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by holzi3441 » 09 May 2009 11:46

A place in a town is a public place, but when some people dont respect any rules they are taken away from the police. Then the place is not public anymore?
I dont want drive whit players that have Nicknames or Avatars like in the post from Juniorkick. What should an admin do? He cant be online all the time, to ban this people from the server.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 May 2009 11:48

As I said, you can ban/blacklist people who are clearly causing problems temporarily, but you should remove them for a while. 90% will not come back anyway after being on there for a few days, others may have learned their lesson and will behave. And if they don't, you put them on the list for a little more time.

However you can't put them on and then forget about it, that's not what "public" means. Anyone should have a chance to play on a public server, and if they ruin it for themselves, that's their problem, but they should be allowed back on after a while to give it another chance.

And for the post above me, if they come back with their offensive name and avatar, you ban them again... I'm not saying that you should let players that behave unacceptably play on the server without taking action, just that you should allow them back on after a while to see if they are still that way or have improved. A good way to do this might be clearing the blacklist every once in a while. To use your police analogy, it would be like putting anyone who breaks any law in prison for life :P

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 09 May 2009 11:57

Zooz wrote:As I said, you can ban/blacklist people who are clearly causing problems

However you can't put them on and then forget about it, that's not what "public" means. Anyone should have a chance to play on a public server, and if they ruin it for themselves, that's their problem, but they should be allowed back on after a while to give it another chance.

To use your police analogy, it would be like putting anyone who breaks any law in prison for life :P
OK .....so everyone unban the cheaters....we are being forced to play with cheaters...(cause we cant leave em on the black list)
this is making no real sense
i was under the impression that the ban list was for misdemeanors and the blacklist was for felons. if we cant use the blacklist then why did it get included
(heres an ice cream cone ppl don't lick it )

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 May 2009 12:05

If you want you can ask Nadeo, they make the rules, not me. Maybe they're willing to consider a change.
In fact, I'll ask too because it seems like quite a few people are unhappy about this :mrgreen:

But really, if someone cheats again you just ban them again. If you have banvotes on the players might even do it for you.

and you can use the blacklist, just not for keeping people on it indefinately, and this is only for 50k+ servers remember, most servers are 0-50k and they have an use for it.

Why does it feel like I keep repeating myself? I think I've said everything there is to say about it by now...

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 09 May 2009 12:14

I know you're following the rules Zooz, but this might be a matter for Nadeo. There are MANY people that doesn't understand that if they've been banned, and then get another chance, they just continue where they left off and start harassing other people, cheating, making racist remarks and so on. Those kind of people might get one chance at a later time on some servers, but I understand many cases where admins won't let them back in. Might be less of a problem on these ladder-servers than in the 0-50000-servers, I dont know.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 May 2009 12:16

Nadeo are notoriously nice to such people though. You can sometimes see it on this very forum. Maybe some real-world examples could help? :lol:

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 09 May 2009 12:30

I can just take one personal experience. When a nephew of mine is playing (he started around age 10), and we are sitting on a server playing, and some people are cursing, talking about human genitalia (let's call it that), or having nude pictures in their avatars, I'd react by saying "please stop that, there are kids playing". That often triggers "these people" to not just continuing, but escalating their behaviour.

I very often give them a chance by warning again, and then kicking a player. Some people get that message, but 50% doesn't and return in the same "style". Now, do I want my nephew to play with these kind of "idiots" on my server, and do the mothers or fathers of the other 10-11-year olds on the same server think I should just let it continue. Well NO they do not. I do not want them either, and sometimes in life you have to take the consequence of your actions.

If people are misusing these blacklists, I'm sure there won't be long until players scream that a server is doing just that. This is just an example on my part. :)
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

prisoner
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: tmu,tmn

Post by prisoner » 09 May 2009 12:53

Gr...
i know i write last post :sweet: but ..the 2 SFT make my crazy :grmblz:
what avatar what cheat what name??
The all think starts with the question wu hier? and when i said **** big lag(i was playing with a friend)

Yes Zooz I BELONG IN THE 90%

HF

JuniorKick
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JuniorKick » 09 May 2009 13:21

@prisoner:

You dont was on a blacklist like more then 24H (thats a normal ban time). So dont make here impression like you was!

Only players was on the blacklist that dont respect the rules (like i have said in the post bevor).

Fazit

So now Zooz say that this players (like the Avatars i have say or logins like i have say) also dont get on a blacklist for a long time. I dont agree with this, but Zooz are the master and so i have kill the hole blacklist.

The Rule: "Public" must be precise in my introduction because i think that most admins dont know that blacklist must be kill every week. Public means to the most admins that you dont start a server with a password.

But again: Nadeo is the bos, and now we know that no blacklisted player can be blacklisted for more then a week. Thats the Rule and so Speed Fun will respect this (without understanding)

prisoner
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: tmu,tmn

Post by prisoner » 09 May 2009 14:02

Thanks that i was Blacklisted only for 24H(can you mention where i write that i was more then 24h)

The problem is that you blacklist people very easy , and sometimes *maybe* not fair

JuniorKick
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JuniorKick » 09 May 2009 14:43

You dont was blacklisted you was ban, and a ban is automatic only for 24 Hours. And again you wrote that we blacklist player very easy. You dont know anything and your posting dont interesting me anymore. Player like you are the problem and not Server they will have a nice racing with nice players. I wish you the best for your real life. Enjoy it