Server degraded

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMU/TMUF

Server degraded

Post by Klompie » 22 Apr 2009 23:56

Is Nadeo so in need of coppers that they have degraded the R602 Asraam server from 90k to a 50k server?
It would have been nice to send out a warning or send me an E-mail, if anything woulda been wrong with it, so I could have changed it to your rules. (if any was wrong)
PLs have a look into it and give me the reason why?
Thx in advance...

Klompie

Ok thx for the mail, server has been fixed to 12 in stead of 16 players.....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Server degraded

Post by Zooz » 23 Apr 2009 09:46

Yes, if this happens you broke a rule. It has been announced that for some rules it's automated and a message will no longer be sent:
Alinoa wrote: We made some changes for the servers moderation to make the system again more automatic. The ladder servers rules have been edited on the player page as follows :
Please notice that the limits of your server are automatically back to 0/50k if your server doesn't respect the following rules : round mod for 60k/90k servers and RoC servers, no password for spectators and players for all servers. No message will be sent by Ladder Servers Moderators to warn you. Please fix these issues and restart your server to restore the suitable limits.
If your server is made 50k there is probably a good reason, so compare the rules and your server settings again carefully and you'll see ^^
If it's not one of these automated rules, you should have gotten a message explaining what rule you did break.

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Klompie » 23 Apr 2009 11:17

you're right zooz, it was on 16 players instead of 12 players, I did get a mail that if I fixed the problem the server would be set back to 90k.
So I am awaiting that, thx for explaining a cpl a things, still I was pretty surprised to see it all set back without warning.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 23 Apr 2009 15:20

Also, once you fix it you will have to restart the server to get the limits back, you'll get them back automatically for the rules that are checked automatically, and for the others, a ladder server mod will have to restore your limits first, and then you can restart.

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Klompie » 24 Apr 2009 11:26

I think I have to find myself a mod , as nuttin changed yet... gimme a clue of where to catch one zooz?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 24 Apr 2009 11:47

Klompie wrote:I think I have to find myself a mod , as nuttin changed yet... gimme a clue of where to catch one zooz?
Read the announcement posts in this forum, specifically this one.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist

Re: Moderation of +50k servers by players

Post by Klompie » 24 Apr 2009 12:31

The R602 asraam server was degraded to a 0-50k server , I have to admit, with good reason, it had 16 players in stead of 12 players...so sorry for that....
I did get a mail to set the server into the right ruling of this rounds server , so Idid, I am awaiting your resetting of this server to 90k again, thanks in advance.

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Klompie » 24 Apr 2009 13:42

THX X....

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 24 Apr 2009 17:40

Just reply to the in-game message, then we'll be sure to see it.

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Klompie » 24 Apr 2009 19:11

Sorry , but this is going to look a bit redicilous, you just saw it , you replied, so did Xymph so whats stoppin you guys to just fix that 4 me?
Want me to go on my knees, and beg, or what?
Once the server is running and I'll go to the ingame mail the server is gone....
The mail in-game dissappears all the time so to what mail should I answer if thats no more there...
sheesh...
thx anyway for replies..

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 24 Apr 2009 19:27

Klompie wrote:so did Xymph so whats stoppin you guys to just fix that 4 me?
I'm not a ladder mod.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

[R602]Daf55
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU TMNF

Post by [R602]Daf55 » 24 Apr 2009 20:06

I'm quite surprised to see how little effort is being made to help out server owners who were here from the beginning, who helped TMN become such a success, who have maintained several(!) servers for years and years(!). One mistake, and Klompie finds himself tangled in the web of bureaucracy where one mod is pointing to another mod, who is pointing to another posting in the forum, which is pointing to in-game messages...

I suppose Nadeo is doing quite well on Trackmania, otherwise they would have pulled the plug on it years ago. Since they didn't, it's fair to say they owe a LOT to people like Klompie.

So stop wrapping things in red tape, Xymph, zooz. E-mail the ones you know that can help out, and fix this. It's Klompie. Not just some douchebag that started his server yesterday and breaks every rule you can find.

Thanks.

(Just my 0,02 eypo)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 24 Apr 2009 21:05

I know Klompie is good people, he deserves some slack, and I did most of my early driving on his server back in the classic TMN days, but...
[R602]Daf55 wrote:So stop wrapping things in red tape, Xymph, zooz.
...please stop dragging me into something I'm not involved with. All I did was point Klompie to this thread, but I'm not a forum mod (except in the Toolbox) and certainly not a ladder mod, and I don't want anything to do with that. Thanks.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 24 Apr 2009 21:54

I wasn't going to fix it because I didn't know the details of the case and what the ladder moderator's reasons were for removing the limits. I also won't know what the original limits were so I won't be able to see if any rules are still being broken or not. I guess I shouldn't have said "we" in that post, but I don't know which ladder mod did it.

Now, I'm not going to fix it because we don't want people to think that complaining on the forum will make it go faster or help in some other way. There was no reason to post here in the first place if you had contact with the moderator who removed your server's limits anyway, unless there is some other problem.
And Xymph isn't a ladder moderator, he just posts on this forum a whole lot :mrgreen:

I don't know about ingame mail disappearing, I use it a lot and never had that problem. Make sure you click the Inbox button, it starts on a new empty mail by default. I guess you don't HAVE to use ingame mail, but it's the standard way and the most likely way to get it noticed. It's all about letting the ladder mod who you got the message from know that it's fixed now, not this forum or any other ladder mod.

[R602]Daf55
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU TMNF

Post by [R602]Daf55 » 24 Apr 2009 22:01

Zooz wrote:Now, I'm not going to fix it because we don't want people to think that complaining on the forum will make it go faster or help in some other way.
Oh sure, we don't want people to think that complaining about sluggish response to server-owners requests will do you any good, now do we? No, instead we'll delay the follow-up even more, even though you CAN do something about it.

Very mature, zooz, very mature. Be careful not to fall from your ivory tower, mate.