[Petition] FS to 100k!!!

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

[Petition] FS to 100k!!!

Post by nocturne » 04 Oct 2009 16:34

I started up this petition a while ago, advertising it on our community server. So far, only 90 signatures have been gathered, so I'm turning it over to the community... It simply states:
We, the undersigned, recognize that fullspeed Trackmania is the ultimate test of skill, and should be recognized in the Trackmania Race of Champions.
While fullspeed TM may not be the 'ultimate' test of skill, I certainly feel it equals any other type of racing -- especially with the new 'forever' generation of tracks. In either fullspeed or tech, the same amount of precision and skill are required to win -- the rest all depends on the quality of the track.

More than anything, though... fullspeed is fun! Fullspeed is why I started playing trackmania, and fullspeed is why I remain -- and I'm sure many others feel the same.

If the reason why no more 100k servers are being allowed is because they are mostly empty... isn't it obvious the players feel something is lacking..? Moreover, 'some' servers have been allowed to run fullspeeds, but not others -- ironically these are the servers that are packed every sunday. So why wake up on Sunday if you can't have fun while you're at it..?

Link to Petition...

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Re: [Petition] FS to 100k!!!

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 04 Oct 2009 17:02

imho fullspeed tracks are not competitive, because once you crash the game is over for you. So it's good that FS maps are not allowed on 100k. FS maybe fun on time attack, but definitely not for rounds.

What servers have been allowed to host FS maps? 100k servers?

holzi3441
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by holzi3441 » 04 Oct 2009 17:58

Oh Dr. Kaputnik. Speed-Fun is not fullspeed but speed, and you know that you need a lot of skill to not get a worst player kick. I think speed and tech races are completly diffrent and nobody can say for what you need more skill. Yes, i can´t drive tech tracks, but there are so many very good tech drivers that can´t drive on speed tracks. Does that mean they do not have enough skill? I don´t think so, but the same goes the other way around.

Lambda
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU+F, TM²C

Post by Lambda » 04 Oct 2009 18:27

Dr. Kaputnik wrote:imho fullspeed tracks are not competitive, because once you crash the game is over for you.
:shock:
Nonsense.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 04 Oct 2009 19:50

Dr. Kaputnik wrote:imho fullspeed tracks are not competitive, because once you crash the game is over for you.
For the best FS racers I know... finishing is never an issue. Only question is how fast... :lovetm

Hellraiser
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Hellraiser » 05 Oct 2009 16:31

I am against fullspeed-tracks on RoC - Server

RoC = Race of Champions

The FS-Tracks how on Speed-fun are for Noobs, you need only the acceleration-key.

JuniorKick
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by JuniorKick » 06 Oct 2009 10:21

I am so happy that Hellraiser make now the same in a international
Board that he have made in german board´s.

He is a little angry boy and he dont mean what he say. So please pardon for his statements.

Can be that he change his mind next week of 180 degree, because he make this a lot of time in the past.

We all have a lot of compassion with him, and i think the international
community will have that soon to.

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 06 Oct 2009 14:02

lol, I just checked the signees of your petition. Apart from 5 unknown logins (out of 95 so far) most of these players have less then 70k LP. There are just six players with more than 80k LP, all from ŜŦĐ and λяै clans. All others don't have enough LP to even join a 100k server, so why would they favour FS tracks on RoC servers if they can't play on them? Doesn't make much sense to me. There's even about 10 signees below 10k or with even 0 LP - I doubt they know what RoC means.

Sorry guys, but this just looks like another hopeless attempt to get some players into the top100 who under normal conditions don't belong there. :roll:

Clinton
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMO

Post by Clinton » 06 Oct 2009 14:56

Whenever I first started play Trackmania a few years ago, fullspeed was to me, was what the game was about. I don't understand what makes tech better than fullspeed, it if anything is harder to race on fullspeed than tech. Back then it seemed like tech was nothing compared to amazing fullspeed tracks. I agree that it takes skill to race tech well, but I also think it takes at least the same amount of skill to race fullspeed well. There's also nothing stopping you from getting back on the track if you crash, same as tech. I don't have 70,000 LP, but I consider myself to be a good player. I don't really care to go any higher, because I'm not too fond of the ladder system, especially if you can't even race fullspeed in the Race of Champions (Yes I know what the ROC is).

http://allgamer.net cheapest Trackmania server hosting with the best support. We also do VPS hosting, Dedicated Servers, and Web Hosting! Request a free 3 day trial for a VPS

clinton@teameo.net for more information.

toopac
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by toopac » 07 Oct 2009 20:39

No FS on RoC.

Every Noob can play FS. But no one of them can play Tech.

Clinton
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMO

Post by Clinton » 08 Oct 2009 06:03

Any newb can play tech easier than fullspeed. A lot of fullspeed tracks make it hard to finish if you're not good enough.

http://allgamer.net cheapest Trackmania server hosting with the best support. We also do VPS hosting, Dedicated Servers, and Web Hosting! Request a free 3 day trial for a VPS

clinton@teameo.net for more information.

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Steve_59 » 10 Oct 2009 11:17

toopac wrote:No FS on RoC.

Every Noob can play FS. But no one of them can play Tech.
Haha, try some of Clinton's full speed tracks and see if you can finish toopac. Then we can discuss the term noob ;)
Wham! BAM! Thank you ma'am!

holzi3441
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by holzi3441 » 10 Oct 2009 12:21

And after that, come to Speed-Fun-Servers and try to finish with a good time. I am sure there will nothing left to discuss. :-)

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 11 Oct 2009 19:44

Clinton wrote:Any newb can play tech easier than fullspeed. A lot of fullspeed tracks make it hard to finish if you're not good enough.
Well, if we're talking about your tracks, Clinton... finishing is certainly not easy. :1

It's not that either fullspeed or tech takes more skill -- they are two entirely different types of tracks, each requiring different types of skills to be successful.

Fullspeed racing in Trackmania is still a relatively young concept, and still misunderstood by much of 'the establishment'. I crossed paths with TM plenty of times in the past, but it wasn't until I happened to give tmn:eswc a second chance little more than 3 years ago, when I happened to get automatically matched to a server that was just then appreciating the bloom of tm fullspeed racing, that I felt it was worth sticking around. Since then, fullspeed TM has matured immensely, with tens of thousands of tracks all with their own styles, skill levels, and quirks.

To blindly say one type of racing takes more skill than an other is way too simplistic. Each track is incredibly different, and there are too many variables to simply make one base assumption.

Personally, I feel that it's the fact that tech tracks can almost always be finished -- at any skill level, no matter how many times you slam into a wall -- that makes it seemingly more appropriate to rounds racing at higher point levels. But fullspeed offers a completely different approach, the pursuit of absolute perfection -- if you mess up, it's all over, and you only have yourself to blame.

With the higher level of skill Nadeo is attempting to draw to the higher ranked brackets, I honestly don't see the problem with acknowledging both approaches.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 15 Oct 2009 17:44

holzi3441 wrote:And after that, come to Speed-Fun-Servers and try to finish with a good time. I am sure there will nothing left to discuss. :-)
Well, all your tracks seem to be speedtech -- not at all similar to real fullspeed. Not to mention most the tracks on your 90k server don't even meet the 'Big Competition Tracks' requirement...

In any case, I find it incredibly disturbing that we have one set of rules listed on the player's page, nowhere stating a moratorium on Fullspeed tracks; yet Alinoa states that she will not allow FS in the RoC, though she's stated in the past that she has subjectively allowed certain servers to run these tracks...

Seems more and more, it doesn't have anything to do with the tracks, just who you are...

Meanwhile, our community has over 180,000 racers, all still waiting for a reason to even bother trying to move past our FS server limits.