Who do i ask? 40k/80k server setup?

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

wolf5150
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: all

Who do i ask? 40k/80k server setup?

Post by wolf5150 » 20 Oct 2009 19:28

I just dropped my 70k and 60k servers to upgrade to a 80k server. after i set the server to the guidlines (rules) of the 40/80 k , i started the server and shows the correct min rank of 40000 but the max rank shows as 50000. I assumed it was set up the same as my other ladder server except the validation seed (can't get info on that either) whatever that is.

I tried setting it to "0" notta so i tried setting at "1"..nope....any help to get my 80k online...moderators?
~ Super Nova Site/Stats
~ SN Short Tracks Server
~ SN LoL Server
~ Super Nova -all the tracks
Recruiting for scrims! Are you fast enough to be a super nova team member?

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Who do i ask? 40k/80k server setup?

Post by lille79 » 20 Oct 2009 19:32

Have you set it to min 40 and max 80 in the dedicated-config? You have no password when starting the server?
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

wolf5150
cyclist
cyclist

Post by wolf5150 » 20 Oct 2009 22:20

yes i did that first thing, I also updated my server to the latest build and still no go.

It is set to adhere to the rules for that ladder server, 16 player,tracks greater than 30 sec....blah...blah....blah....i checked all the obviouse settings and all are in check.

server login shows that it is a 40-80k LP on my ladder server page via the tracmania player page.
~ Super Nova Site/Stats
~ SN Short Tracks Server
~ SN LoL Server

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 21 Oct 2009 02:57

Sometimes you need to wait several minutes until server info is updated, just run it, play inside and observe if players gains LPs more than 60K.

wolf5150
cyclist
cyclist

Post by wolf5150 » 21 Oct 2009 04:22

I already tried that to, ran 5 races with 3 of us and nothing "00LP" down the board.

Does anyone know where i can get contact for ladder server gods without violating and getting mail from them?
~ Super Nova Site/Stats
~ SN Short Tracks Server
~ SN LoL Server

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 21 Oct 2009 09:15

just recheck everything. Its really showing on PlayerPage as a 80K Server? Did the 40K Coppers vanished from your Account?
Check config of the Server. Normally its a matter of minutes that a Server shows up correctly after buying it. I made plenty of Servers of all kinds and never had such a Problem.

SN.Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: all of them

Post by SN.Wolf » 22 Oct 2009 03:40

I dropped my 60k and 70k to go to the 80k, I had no trouble at all with the other ladder servers setup like you said, matter of minutes and we where in the points again.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the validation seed but it stats that it is optional. I set referee validation at top 3 with no passwords for players,spec,or ref and even tried "use changing validation seed option" whatever that is..lol

Server is set up as follows 16 players,2 spectators time attack at 6 minutes,no passwords, referee validation "all players and inn the config min ladder @ 40000 and max ladder @ 80000 loaded with tracks more than 30 second author time.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 22 Oct 2009 08:42

I've never used the referee, so I highly doubt you should use any settings. Validation seed is microscopically changing how your car is set at the start, and makes problems for pressforward-starts.

Seems weird, but there are very few automatical restrictions on the ladder-servers, but one is the password. Since you don't have a password that isn't your problem. Other suggestion is that you've just mixed up and is using the wrong login? I know it's a lame suggestion, but it's an easy mistake to make :)
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

SN.Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by SN.Wolf » 23 Oct 2009 08:39

Thanks, I did notice the PF start tracks where bugged so i rolled the server build back one, Starts where still buggy so we updated the server and now the ladder reads as it is suposed to but what i did notice is that with 3 off us the cars all had diferent physics out of the gate.

Example: On a track with start imidiatly followed by 5 turbos and a drop to a 3 block piece road all 3 of us where landing in diferent places. One would come out of the gate faster than the other hitting the road below almost a complete car length ahead, I dunno if this is an issue or if anyone has ever reported it as a but but i even notice a hole shot advantage on the same tracks that run on my other servers (also updated).

In short, ladder server running fine but almost like it has random physics for each player....something to do with rank on the validation seed maybe?

Thanks to everyone who tried helping but it must have been a fluke in the server update the first go around.

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 23 Oct 2009 13:08

SN.Wolf wrote:Thanks, I did notice the PF start tracks where bugged so i rolled the server build back one, Starts where still buggy so we updated the server and now the ladder reads as it is suposed to but what i did notice is that with 3 off us the cars all had diferent physics out of the gate.

Example: On a track with start imidiatly followed by 5 turbos and a drop to a 3 block piece road all 3 of us where landing in diferent places. One would come out of the gate faster than the other hitting the road below almost a complete car length ahead, I dunno if this is an issue or if anyone has ever reported it as a but but i even notice a hole shot advantage on the same tracks that run on my other servers (also updated).

In short, ladder server running fine but almost like it has random physics for each player....something to do with rank on the validation seed maybe?
Already answered:
lille79 wrote:Validation seed is microscopically changing how your car is set at the start, and makes problems for pressforward-starts.

SN.Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by SN.Wolf » 23 Oct 2009 17:11

so in a nut shell, Servers with validation seeds are not fair races just more luck of the draw on hole shot especially when everyone is running .01 - .03 times.

I can say that i have smoked my #1 dedi times on alot of the tracks by at least .30...hmmm like an involuntary exploit.....lol

Basskid
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): Basskid, mwl, 100k, bk.ladder

Post by Basskid » 10 Oct 2011 07:50

Whats the Server Login? If i have the Login i can check your Server for your Ranking ;)

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 10 Oct 2011 13:41

Basskid this thread is 3 yrs old :) (spambot bumped it)

Basskid
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): Basskid, mwl, 100k, bk.ladder

Post by Basskid » 10 Oct 2011 19:30

God damn, don't look at the Date :roflol: