Booster's Server 90k ?

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Booster's Server 90k ?

Post by FoxShadow » 04 Nov 2009 22:47

Hi all

From yesterday to today, a guy who suddenly appear in the 5th argentinian place now is the 1st of Argentina. :?
Nobody knows or saw he before.
I´ve investigated, and found his login: misterii
I´ve looked his statistics on TM-ladder, and he has very bad win/draw/losses numbers also numbers looks like a new account. Until here all could be, maybe an argentinian good player with a new account or a guy from another country (this last, can makes me angry). :evil:

But now I found he online in a server 0-60000, with strange 12players and ROUND mode!, (update: now is a 60000-90000 LP) but I or other players can´t connect on that server (even to see the players or tracks), seems a bit strange. Can a Ladder Moderator please check that ? For be sure isn´t a 60000-90000 private server (by using firewall). And what tracks they have for climb so fast in the ladder ?

The server name (now) is: Pro/Tech -> Czech Republic -> Kraj Vysičina
Unfortunately I couldn't retrieve the server login :(

Some pics:

Hope the ladder moderators can check this server and I wrong. :wink:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Booster's Server 90k ?

Post by Zooz » 05 Nov 2009 00:37

It's a rule that 50k+ servers need to be public, and this is not (I can't connect either) so it's now a 50k server. For the other stuff Nadeo would have to look into that.

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by FoxShadow » 05 Nov 2009 00:45

Thank you !
:thumbsup:

Moriddin
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF

Post by Moriddin » 05 Nov 2009 07:53

In addition to this (I should have screens at home of their profile pages), I came across a couple of suspicious guys a couple of weeks ago.

They were all in the top 100 so you should expect them driving a lot on top ladder servers with 8 to 12 players at the same time. But it was the wins and looses that caught my attention.

Some of them had over 2 million wins. and a win/loose ratio over 200 (Not many players will have over 100000 wins and a win/loose ration higher then 30 is almost impossible if you drive on top ladder servers).

Of course its possible that they boosted a lot to 50k and got a lot of wins. But maybe they have found a way to boost in the higher regions too. I'll try to find the screens when i get home.

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by FoxShadow » 05 Nov 2009 11:26

In order to prevent this continue hapening, please post these images you said. :D
I don´t want to see a booster ladder again, like in TMN ESWC. :(