Is illegal or legal to ban them

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Is illegal or legal to ban them

Post by Greco » 25 Jan 2010 08:00

I have see in many servers that the admins ban or ignore all players who use different language from the server admins.
I think its a crazy server rule because the game is for all so all languages must be accepted.These servers are high ladder that 60-90k or 60-80k and sometimes 100k.
I think this game is for all countries and not for personal use.

oVum
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU, TMUF

Re: Is illegal or legal to ban them

Post by oVum » 25 Jan 2010 09:33

Well you can't associate too much the game with the server in that matter. Try to associate that with a team....
Anyways if there is a rule or some kind of a notification that you should only speak X language on that server than that should be respected. If not then that's the admins fault, even tho you can't say something's legal or illegal because server is more a personal thing if you understand.
You can always /msg on FAST or /pm on xaseco
:thumbsup:

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 25 Jan 2010 09:47

personally i think in a multinational game its kindof ridiculous to even think of banning someone for not "speaking your tounge".

But as far as rules are concerned as long as the ban is temprery its ok. i say sod the rules and be moral ^^

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Greco » 25 Jan 2010 10:18

Yes but nadeo rules says servers are public for all. So all languages

Racefox'Manfred
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by Racefox'Manfred » 25 Jan 2010 15:22

I think: banning players is NOT allowed. Isn't this a rule which has to be accepted when they create a ladder server?

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Greco » 26 Jan 2010 07:24

I know it but i have seen many servers which ban or ignore players without any intresting reason.
Basically i have ignored in one server ladder 60-90k because i spoke with my friend in greek language and the admin says speak only German or English. But my friend don.t knows more english. Thats why i.m very very angry with them. You can use ignore only if someone do spam or says bad words for other players or countries i think. Not because he speak to his/her language with his/her friend.

Racefox'Manfred
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by Racefox'Manfred » 26 Jan 2010 13:16

I think ignore is not that bad and it is allowed, but ban/kick a player is against rules. You can still race on this server and gain points. Maybe try to talk to the Admin of the server and explain him that your friend can't speak German or English.

and btw. If a player really insults other players, like in a rasist way the master is allowed to ban such a player. Did it on my 80k server as well.

AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by AlexKool » 30 Jan 2010 14:47

Man.. and i thought that people didn't care about LP anymore.. guess im wrong!

Anyway, i think banning should be allowed in SOME occasions.. if a player is spamming the chat and after being warned continues.. well yah, a 24h ban should be necessary there.
Join the 250+ GFC team members at: http://www.playfaster.net

DOWNLAOD Gaseco for your server now!

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 01 Feb 2010 16:27

the rules state only not to blacklist .. to bann someone (not permanent or after server restart) is perfectly fine as long as for valid reason.

speaking a different language however is not what most consider a "valid" reason.

i have banned people from ET RoC before ... for flaming and agressive/inflamitory chatter. this is not against the rules as its a) not permanent and b) for good reason.

and @ alexcool: no its just your playfaster community that dont care for ladder. alot of other still play it for LP.
Personally i play for the sunday races .. LP is jsut a bonus of that. ^^

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 04 Feb 2010 18:35

There's not exactly a 'rule' as long as it's not stated, and there more than likely will be. The last thing Nadeo wants is to be dealing with all our petty squabbles on an individual basis.

It's up to the admins on the server to create the standards of what constitutes a banning. For language, banning seems a bit heavy-handed. Even for spamming or inflammatory behavior, a banning still isn't quite necessary. Placing them on the ignore list is a much better option -- then ban them if they come back on with a different login and insist on continuing their trolling.

The main concern is that that banning isn't used as a method higher ranked server operators use to ensure that players closer to their community/team can always play, thus bypassing the 'no guestlist' requirement. I've observed similar behavior before -- admins booting active players in a full server, to free slots for their buddies waiting in spec.

Though, lets be honest... if a server's admin is going to ban you for such a menial reason... why do you want to keep playing there..?

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 05 Feb 2010 19:24

I don't like banning or kicking people speaking in other languages then mine.
If I see someone in one of the servers where I'm admin, I just friendly ask them to speak English or go further in a pm.
I see kicking/banning people for the language they speak as banning for no reason, which is not allowed due the ladderrules.

GAS.Panos
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Post by GAS.Panos » 14 Feb 2010 12:00

jamie_macdonald wrote:i have banned people from ET RoC before ... for flaming and agressive/inflamitory chatter. this is not against the rules as its a) not permanent and b) for good reason.
The matter on what is a good or bad reason for banning especially on RoC servers imo is still a hot issue under discussion.

Personally, during RoC race I avoid banning people even if they dont stop chatting too much during race, which can be totally annoying. If they still keep chatting too much after the first warnings, I ignore them for some minutes as a penalty.

The thing is that if a server runs under Fast, there is an option to press the small Black X which can disappear the chat box during race, I thing there is way that we can do that in Xaseco as well !

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 14 Feb 2010 20:35

ЭΛ GAS〄尹मภô乌ジ® wrote:The thing is that if a server runs under Fast, there is an option to press the small Black X which can disappear the chat box during race, I thing there is way that we can do that in Xaseco as well !
Yes, with the HideChat plugin.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

mixnetwork
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United
Manialink(s): spacezone

Post by mixnetwork » 17 Feb 2010 09:01

Well I think also "ban" is a bit hard for speaking another language and should not be done.

On the other side, I had 2 russians or something like that on my server which where "spamming" "Chatting" whole the time, no one could understand what they wrote and i asked them to write in englisch, because i knew they could, but they did not do it. I also could not read the messages from the other players because thes wrote that fast, that they where already disapeared.

In that case i give a warning after 3 times asking them to write in englisch, after that they got an ignore from me, because they did not stop.

The hide chat Plugin is not a solution, I think, because than, I also cannot see what the other players write to me ;)

But I think this is only a small Problem ;)
Live is for livin'
The Spacezone fun clan

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 18 Feb 2010 06:19

An ignore is certainly completely within the discretion of the server admin... After all, the player still has the right to race -- just not speak, which is not required by ladder rules.