ROC RULES ??

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

m3sc4lito
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN

ROC RULES ??

Post by m3sc4lito » 22 Mar 2010 01:29

Hi all

I want to know if it posible the correct rules for RoC server because i see server play in one mode and others in other mode and is a little unfair.... i explain:

I see some servers ( sure all know ) play only 3 rounds for maps and i think the correct is 4 rounds min it thats true ?? anyone know ?
and my other rule question is how many kicks need for no "brake the rules" because some people use 2 kicks others use 1 kick ?? What is correct ?? then others servers brake the rules ?

davidefp
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMN eswc,TMUF

Re: ROC RULES ??

Post by davidefp » 22 Mar 2010 01:50

In this moment rules nadeo for server 100k its very... smoking :roll:
In italy we say 'fatta la legge, trovato l'inganno...' :thumbsup:
With actualy rules its very easy... free interpretation :wink:
Maybe later people say 'sry, i dont know'... and we live happy and at long !
Precise number rounds, number kicks and one list of custom tracks with validation 'roc'... its hard make this ?!??!?!

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 22 Mar 2010 10:37

m3sc4lito wrote:Hi all

I want to know if it posible the correct rules for RoC server because i see server play in one mode and others in other mode and is a little unfair.... i explain:

I see some servers ( sure all know ) play only 3 rounds for maps and i think the correct is 4 rounds min it thats true ?? anyone know ?
and my other rule question is how many kicks need for no "brake the rules" because some people use 2 kicks others use 1 kick ?? What is correct ?? then others servers brake the rules ?
Rulles are very clear:

1- You can use 3 or 4 Rounds, its up to the Server Admins. 3 Rounds is more quick to finish, but you gain less points. 4 Rounds it takes a little more time to finish, but you gain more points, so its really up to the Server Admins to decide that.

2- The rulles only state "insure players rotation", so you can kickworst 1 player only, its within the rulles. Some Admins use 2 or 3 Kicks, but 1 is enough regarding the rulles, so again its up with the Server Admins to decide that.

As are many RoC Severs online, you only have to choose the one that uses the configs you like more. :1

m3sc4lito
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN

Post by m3sc4lito » 22 Mar 2010 15:03

thanks for reply,but i want a post writed by admin where can see good all rules explained,because your opinion maybe its correct but no official i think no ? :|

and i know to many server for choose but i have my choosed long time ago i only want know the correct off this because you say 3 rounds is more quick but gain less points .... i think the difference between 3 or 4 rounds is minimun almost "inapreciable" and 1 round less is maybe in 3 hours easy 4 or 5 maps more at finish Roc you dont think this ?

davidefp
highway camper
highway camper

Post by davidefp » 22 Mar 2010 18:32

I have 40 years and i play Trackmania since 2006 with trackmania nations eswc...
Sure me still 'noobisme acute' but with 4 years sure i have take much 'experience' :thumbsup:

3 or 4 rounds and 1 or 2 kick its same thing ?!?!... sure in dream !
Pls call with appropriate name... 3 rounds and 1 kick its only one 'boost ladder system' :grmblz:
Everybody dont know tracks in roc server its no possible skip final kick (also player with good skill)... in this mode 7 members of Team-Server can play easy 3 hours and take good ladders points....
I have stop believe Santa Claus at 8 years, and the Pig cant fly.... or not ? :roflol:

=THC=Flash
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF, TMUF

Post by =THC=Flash » 23 Mar 2010 11:03

davidefp wrote:I have 40 years and i play Trackmania since 2006 with trackmania nations eswc...
Sure me still 'noobisme acute' but with 4 years sure i have take much 'experience' :thumbsup:

3 or 4 rounds and 1 or 2 kick its same thing ?!?!... sure in dream !
Pls call with appropriate name... 3 rounds and 1 kick its only one 'boost ladder system' :grmblz:
Everybody dont know tracks in roc server its no possible skip final kick (also player with good skill)... in this mode 7 members of Team-Server can play easy 3 hours and take good ladders points....
I have stop believe Santa Claus at 8 years, and the Pig cant fly.... or not ? :roflol:
1- I play TMN since 2006 aswell, so i also have experience about what i am talking about!

2- 3 or 4 Rounds or 1 or 2 Kicks its of course not the same, and you didnt saw me saying it was.... Thats why you have several RoC Servers, with different configs, and you can choose the one you like most!

3- 3 Rounds and 1 Kick is within the range of the RoC Rulles, so i dont see where is the problem! If you dont like this config, choose another RoC Server!

4- The Map Packs of the RoC Servers are avayable for download and for training during the week at the Servers, so if you dont know the tracks its because you dont want to! If you cant skipp the worstkick is because you are not good enough to do it, so you just have to practice more, or just quit racing RoCs. :scene:

davidefp
highway camper
highway camper

Post by davidefp » 24 Mar 2010 02:26

3 Rounds in range of roc rules ?? oh, maybe.... but, sry, where you see this 'range' ?
I never see precise number of rounds for roc race.... and i have here one recent Alinoa email with '4 or more'....
But maybe i have dreaming this :?
And why not 2 rounds ? or maybe 1 ! :thumbsup:
I havent see rules roc say: ' forbidden 1 round'
Welcome free interpretation rules... in italy I have Berlusconi for this ! :D
... Sry, i havent study diplomacy, usually i say what i think :grmblz:

P.s. ROC Its not my personal problem, sometimes i volontary spect only... just for spend time :sweet:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 05 Apr 2010 21:37

If a map lasts shorter than 5 minutes you will gain much fewer points, so servers are unlikely to do that. With the track length defined in the rules that will come down to at least 4 rounds.

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 06 Apr 2010 16:13

Zooz wrote:If a map lasts shorter than 5 minutes you will gain much fewer points, so servers are unlikely to do that.
Are you sure that server admins and players are aware of this? I don't think so. And how much fewer points do you get? How much LP (in %) would you get if you could finish a track in just one round? Should be interesting to find out, maybe it's still worth it? Maybe then there should be a 4 round minimum rule for both 90k and 100k servers.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Apr 2010 13:54

Commonly used server plugins say how long a map was, and it has long been common courtesy to lose a round if there's a threat that you will win a map in 3 rounds. I'm sure there are peope who won't know, since this measure was taken and announced in 2006 or 2007 with the TMN ladder, but they'll notice eventually.

You get enough fewer points that it's inefficient to have maps of less than 5 minutes, and it's why most popular 100k servers have maps of 5:10 or so. From the last time I had a map end in 3 rounds it seemed like I got less than 2/3rd of normal points, and it was still a 4 minute map.

Dr. Kaputnik
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dr. Kaputnik » 10 Apr 2010 16:35

I just did a little test on a 50k server with two players: player1 with 25k LP, player2 with 83k LP - player1 always beat player2 to get LP.

Result: on races shorter than 6 minutes player1 always got ~0,25 LP per second race time. On races longer than 6 minutes LP per second decreased significantly.

Conclusion: It doens't really matter how many rounds you drive in a race as you'll always get the same LP/sec. In other words: you get less LP if a race is shorter and you get more LP if the race is longer. However, if a race takes longer than 6 minutes the LP gain increases slower (the LP/sec ratio decreases), so you should avoid races taking longer than 6 minutes.

Some detailed results:

Code: Select all

race time(sec) - LP gain - LP/sec
      188	        46	   0,245
      210	        50	   0,238
      244	        61	   0,250
      338	        83	   0,246
      378	        85	   0,225
      457	        90	   0,197
      495	        93	   0,188
      574	        98	   0,171