Races of Champions - Rules

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF TMN TMNF

Races of Champions - Rules

Post by Big_Al » 25 Apr 2010 10:21

I searched the forum but i didn´t find a list of complete RoC rules.

Questions like:

- Is the admin allowed to kick/ban a player maybe because he uses racist or bad words while RoC? And what is the best proove? Screenshots? Logfiless?

- The RoC servers are running the whole week, what happens if a player gets banned during the week? Is the server at RoC allowed to keep this bannlist? Or has it to be cleared?

- Kickvotes allowed? I saw servers using that.

- I saw many RoC-servers running 12 slots in the past. Is that official? Where can I read about it? Is RoC 8 or 12 slots now?

Is there a list of RoC rules somewhere? Or can someone answer theese questions please?

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Re: Races of Champions - Rules

Post by tcq » 25 Apr 2010 12:10

A few interessting questions here. This is, how i would handle the things.
Big_Al wrote:- Is the admin allowed to kick/ban a player maybe because he uses racist or bad words while RoC? And what is the best proove? Screenshots? Logfiless?
In my opinion,it should be okay to warn the player first and if he continues to kick him. If he still makes problems, than ban him for that RoC session and give him the possibility to come back next week. As proof, i would save screenshots and the logfiles.
Big_Al wrote:- The RoC servers are running the whole week, what happens if a player gets banned during the week? Is the server at RoC allowed to keep this bannlist? Or has it to be cleared?
I'm pretty sure, the ban list has to be cleared for the RoC to give all players the chance to race, even if they are just stupid and so.Then i would take in account my answer to your first question.
Big_Al wrote:- Kickvotes allowed? I saw servers using that.
I'm also pretty sure, that kickvotes are the wrong method, cause then the bad players could e.g. kick the better players, if they aren't able to win.
That's why an admin should be there as long as possible to take care.
Big_Al wrote:- I saw many RoC-servers running 12 slots in the past. Is that official? Where can I read about it? Is RoC 8 or 12 slots now?
Hmm. Also during RoC, or only in the week? Im the week it should be okay, but during the RoC it isn't allowed.
Big_Al wrote:Is there a list of RoC rules somewhere? Or can someone answer theese questions please?
Never saw a offical list with all of your question answered. This is, how i would answer them, according to the stuff written in this forum. But don't take everything here for written. Could also be, that i'm totally wrong.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 25 Apr 2010 22:26

The list of rules is visible on the player page, on the page where you can order ladder servers. It isn't too long because I don't think every common sense thing needs to be in it I guess.

Banning players is allowed, but since servers must be public you cannot do it permanently. Let them back once they stopped making trouble (after the roc or something).

100k servers are 90k servers the rest of the week, so they can have 12 players in that case.
There's no rule on kickvotes, but I don't see why it would be a good idea to have them on with anything but a very high ratio (in case someone goes idle and there is no admin).

GAS.Panos
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Post by GAS.Panos » 04 May 2010 09:50

In any case, pls inform us when you spot illegal acts in any server. Screenshots, will be needed as a proof.