My observations about the ladder

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

smz
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: United forever

My observations about the ladder

Post by smz » 07 Jun 2011 16:49

Ok, I am not a happy camper. Mayor complaining incoming.

So after 5 years of playing on Mistral only, I tried to get into ladder a bit. Right off the start, I see a lot of problems. I am talking only about United btw.

1 : the servers :

First, there are not enugh. Second, most of them are either single enviroment or stunt servers. Third the maps just suck. I dont want to drive a 35 seconds fullspeed track on a ladder server that goes up to 90k. The only acceptable servers are those that mainly use ET league tracks. And there are many servers with cut maps, which is about the quadruple of single suck.

2 : The players :

They are just chicken ! When I find a server that has all enviroments, and acceptable maps, and even some players on it, it takes two maps and everybody left. I guess they just can not stand being beaten by somebody with a 5 digit ladder rank. There are quite a few of these clan servers around that are filled with leechers that honestly SUCK at this game. I wont call any names, but you know what I am talking about. Clan servers, everybody has a 4 or 3 digit ladder rank, and yet you beat them by 5 seconds on a one minute track. I mean wtf.

I would realy like to drive some of these ROC's on sunday afternoon, but I just can not be bothered to drive all these shitty maps and crappy players for weeks just to get to 80k.

Where do you guys get your ladder points ? Can you recommend a good ladder server to me ? ( MUST be all enviroments and mainly league tracks, and it would be a very big bonus if there are actualy people there from time to time. The only two I found so far are Zirpelino and the ET server. But both are empty 99% of the time. The ladder gimps probably cant handle serious tech tracks. )

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Re: My observations about the ladder

Post by »Enryx« » 07 Jun 2011 20:05

Where do you guys get your ladder points ? Can you recommend a good ladder server to me ?
Until 80k I played on stunts, but, not much players are good / like stunts so much. If you want to try, join either:
Zero| Zipperkes Stunt Contest (40-80k) has "pro" maps and "pro" players. Always 10-16 players. Maps: all envis, mainly Stadium and TMS envs, less maps of TMO envs
or
Zero| Easy Stunt Lottery (40-80k) has easy&short maps, also Nadeo's. But sometimes is empty

Until 90k I played Coast-only, but I read you dont like single env servers

And yes, there arent much multi-environment servers which uses League maps, unless you join a RoC server during the week, but they are 99% empty.
The only 2 I know are: Zero| United pro 90k |, has A LOT of maps, all envis, all leauge maps (ESL, GC, LE) plus some things like Star Tracks D Difficulty, and Hellboys United (same)
Another nice 90k is "REVIVAL TeChNO", but hasnt a lot of league maps

Hope this helps ;)

If you want to add to favourites the servers I mentioned, use the following links:
REVIVAL TeChNO tmtp://#addfavourite=server100k
Zero| United Pro 90k tmtp://#addfavourite=zeroladder18
Hellboys United tmtp://#addfavourite=u_hellboy
I dont know how to make a "link" :( , so copy paste them in the TM explorer ;)

smz
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by smz » 07 Jun 2011 20:48

»Enryx« wrote: And yes, there arent much multi-environment servers which uses League maps, unless you join a RoC server during the week, but they are 99% empty.
The only 2 I know are: Zero| United pro 90k |, has A LOT of maps, all envis, all leauge maps (ESL, GC, LE) plus some things like Star Tracks D Difficulty, and Hellboys United (same)
Another nice 90k is "REVIVAL TeChNO", but hasnt a lot of league maps
Yes, that's what pretty much made me give up on trying to get high in the ladder. These are the only servers I enjoy playing on. Never liked stunts much, and get bored of single enviroment servers after 30 minutes, which is not enugh to get alot of points ^^

I know the two you mentioned, but they are always empty :( I'll try my luck.

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): gn

Post by xis101 » 07 Jun 2011 21:23

hey smz :)

about 2) That´s because 90% of the good drivers don´t care about ladderpoints ;). If you want a nice competition against players of your level I advice you to play in ET leagues ^^ There is the Giant Cup coming in a few weeks.

(sorry for advertising^^)

smz
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by smz » 07 Jun 2011 22:10

Hehe Xis, thanks for the hint, I know about it, but due to school I have not been able to play ET tournaments for the last 3 years :( TRT always plays on wednesday evenings and I have school till 22:30.

But I'll look into some single player competitions :)