80k/100k servers rotation (access for a few months only)

Here's the place to discuss anything related to TMF ladder ranking, special "ladder servers", rank limit rules and possible issues you might have with this system.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

80k/100k servers rotation (access for a few months only)

Post by Alinoa » 01 Mar 2012 11:00

Hi all :)

It's time to have some fresh RoC servers. For TM² Canyon, players can run a 80k/100k server only for three months. We are going to set a rotation of RoC servers for TrackMania Forever too. Every six months (this delay can be longer or shorter but we will start for a six month access) new servers will be open. From April or maybe later we will start to close some RoC servers and open new ones. I'm holding a waiting list since the RoC registration is closed and will first contact players registered to ask them if they still want to run a 80k/100k and then open a new waiting list. Even if you had a RoC server, you can ask for a new one.

Cheers,
Alinoa

last edit on 29th March
The idea is more to replace inactive RoC servers than closing all servers for the moment. So the rotation will start slowly but surely. Some Stadium RoC are missing. New ones will be open and one or maybe two United RoC servers will be also open in the coming weeks.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

goenisch
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMN

Re: 80k/100 servers rotation (access for 4 months only)

Post by goenisch » 01 Mar 2012 13:51

mh, dont really think it is a good idea, but anyways, GL

Kripke
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmu
Manialink(s): kripke

Post by Kripke » 01 Mar 2012 17:21

I'm not sure If I can be happy about this, but these is more fair for other players which don't get a RoC for the last time.
Do you need Coppers? Click here

Marketing-TM
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Marketing-TM » 02 Mar 2012 06:15

Very, very bad idear.

What will help a RoC Server rotation??? Look what RoC are empty and close them !

The most players want a new Ladder System and not this RoC Server System. But this was in the past never ever the focus from Nadeo. You lock out all players outside Europe (because the timelimit of playing RoC)

The most Players dont want the reducing of the Ladder Points every Monday.

So you dont need a litle fresh RoC Server you need a BIG Change of you Laddersystem.

How to Chang the Laddersystem?
Here my going on:

A) Nation Player can only play to 50K Server (the dont get more then 50.000 LP)
B) Dont reset the Ladderpoints on Monday
C) Make TMUF Server til 100K (and not only on Sunday)

D) Pay out Ladderpoints in a % Way like:
100K LP= 100%
So when you have 91000 LP and you play on a Server where you now geting Points for a viktory like 100LP the System pay out you only 100 - 91 = 9% of 100 what will be 9 LP. So you dont can reach 100K.

E) Make it intersting vor TMUF player when the have 90K or more LP in the Way that the can change in the "First Divison" (when they want) so there Accounts can switch to a First Division Account with 0 "LPD" and they can play only on First Devision Servers (and when they mean that they have no chances there the can switch back to normal 90K LP and the normal Servers).

When Nadeo go this way i mean the nation Accounts Driver have more insperation to change to a TMUF Account and the all other Driver have fun during the week (because there is no Points reset and the Driver they want drive in a First Division Leaguar can do it)

eXtreme34
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: All except PowerUp^^
Manialink(s): extreme34

Post by eXtreme34 » 02 Mar 2012 21:40

I don't agree with you, Marketing.
1 - Why do not reset Ladderpoints ? If there's the reset, so only one player can reach 100K and I think there's more fun for everyone. I don't like the Ladder Reset, but you can't stop it anyway, just imagine the consequences.
2 - I don't like the new Ladder System you ask. I've 95K LP. What will it be if players like me win only 5 LP per track when they finish first ? It will be like 150 LP in 3H if you play good. What is a good way to really slow down Ladder.
3 - Well, for all-time 100K, I think this is too much. Maybe all Sunday, but not every days.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I think.
Visit my manialink (more than 1000 maps) : extreme34color>

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 04 Mar 2012 12:30

As I mentioined in the internal forum, good idea, but 4 month are too less. Increase it to at least 5 or 6 months, which would be a good alternative.

Marketing-TM
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Marketing-TM » 09 Mar 2012 08:08

Sorry eXtreme34, but i think you dont have understand the point.

When you have 95K LP, like you say, you can only play Sunday (at the Nadeo time !!) for more LP´s. You like it? Fine but the most driver dont like it. How much LP you get on Sunday? Like 1200 - 1800? And on Munday you lost 1000 - 1800 ? Great System.

And the driver that reach 90K and dont can play on Sunday the have on Monday 87500 - 88500 LP and they drive 2-3 Hours on Monday and they have again 90K and then the still waiting for next Monday? What a GREAT SYSTEM !!

And when you have relay thinking about the System i have writen than you can see that there is no way that more Players can reach 100K. And by the way i have say that the Great Skill levels players can change to the "First Division" to make there "RoC" runs.

But its ok, when the Laddersystem still stands by the way it now is, because the most driver have give up to think for Nadeo or give them a feedback from the Community. They have enouth to do with there TM2 disaster i think

eXtreme34
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by eXtreme34 » 09 Mar 2012 11:47

Maybe the RoC time isn't good, but can you do otherwise ? As a French person I've the advantage to be able to play in the RoC hours. But on all the Sunday, players can play whenever they want, but it's more chaos. Well, think what you want, but all I wrote is my opinion, and I think Laddersystem now is quite good.

papyves
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by papyves » 10 Mar 2012 11:10

hello all
advance Excuse my English, it's a google translation

Why change the current rules on TMUF?
Just a practical point of view:
* A deposit of 80,000 coppers was paid for these servers
* often the player or his team in real rents (hosting) the remote server and the rock is engaged for a period of one month, one quarter, one year ....... and cut the game like that!! this lack of fair play

Now there is a global reflection on how to reward the lader, I think healthy and just

I think that we should not rush especially, as already said Kripke fermont servers that no longer turn to give access to those who want a Roc

Then we started working as a Marketing and eXtreme34 new ladder system with the management team
* Sunday only? or not?
* LP and scale?
* Reduced weekly? on what basis?
* ROC TMUF must necessarily be aligned Canyon? or may be managed differently?

Do community work and TMUF TMUF only interested because otherwise everyone has an opinion not particularly concerned

friendly

papyves

Kajczy
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Kajczy » 10 Mar 2012 14:51

ohh come on Alinoa, or whoever found out this new system...
those people who still playing this game dont like any changes, at least not something that makes the game more difficult to manage...
:ftw:
This ROC system is a bulls**t from the time it was invented, and non of any little "update" will change this (for me).
:grmblz:
Take your time, think again the whole game's structure, because i dont that too many people will buy your upcoming games if these rules will be maintained.
:roflol:
You have to inspire people to buy your games, but you not doing it for a couple of times.
:lovetm
cheers :)
Ex world no. 1 :)

eXtreme34
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by eXtreme34 » 10 Mar 2012 14:54

Maybe Laddersystem has been already changed (TM-Ladder link crashed and in-game information about ranks don't show up), but I prefer the old ladder system of 3 hours.
Waiting for results...

EDIT : Solo and Multi rank show up again, but it seems TM-Ladder is down.
EDIT 2 : TM-Ladder isn't down, but Userbars just don't show up.

Kripke
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmu
Manialink(s): kripke

Post by Kripke » 10 Mar 2012 19:19

In my opinion is the problem, that nadeo doesn't add new RoC server for players who have waited for a long time and believe if they change the system to manage better the system, this is what I think.
We had 31 RoC servers on Mon Dec 06, 2010
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=24987

Now we have daily ~20 RoCs online (Manialink -> t30color>) and on sunday maybe + 3-4 server more.

I see only one advantage that everyone have the chance to get a RoC server, but I'm sometime not sure if nadeo fast enough to realize it if I compare with the cheated records on Solomode. I don't want complain about this and it is not realy important if i "lose" my RoC, but i can't imagine that this system work of a long term.
Do you need Coppers? Click here

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 12 Mar 2012 15:01

Hey Kripke fine manialink :D and about the cheated records, I think that the script will work soon.
First thank you all for sharing your thoughts. When we set the ladder rules, we had many debates here: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=13483
And Florent gave many explanations. To sum up,our first goal by doing these rules was to avoid the boost servers. With the RoC we can check who run the higher ranked servers. By only opening RoC on Sunday we can follow the matches between the players of the top of ladder and the time frame enables US players and Chinese players to compete together, as well as European players. The RoC are a kind of grand finals. Every Sunday, best players of the world can confront during the same event. 3 hours for a Grand Final already requires a lot of concentration and this is already a quite long match. As Florent said “Without rules: everybody is happy, but there is no ladder. With rules, everybody will complain, but there is a ladder.”
I'm not saying that the ladder is perfect. I only give you the reasons motivating the rules and the spirit of the rules.
For the rotation of RoC, a longer session of 5 or 6 months can be set and maybe for the session change, let old and new RoC running during one or two weeks together to avoid to have too many troubles. I don't think that all RoC will be closed at each new session, it will depend on the waiting list but at least more players will be able to run a 100k server.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use

papyves
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by papyves » 12 Mar 2012 16:00

hi
anyway your decision is already taken, do not bother to have a debate
all this is that the political turmoil
here is after 30 minutes of ROC yesterday how the servers were full
then close all the servers running and not retrieve the
Personally I spend all my Sundays but five of the last two years has run a pretty OCR server that is in the minds of designers
Also I rent a machine in OVH running for the ROC technically perfect
hey there all you want to go to stop us
it has not really understand
the fun and spirit are no longer

cordially

papyves

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: 80k/100 servers rotation (access for a few months only)

Post by Alinoa » 13 Mar 2012 09:15

Hey thank you for the screen :wink:
Nothing has changed for the moment. The idea is not to bother the current RoC owners especially if you rent a server only for your RoC. You are very happy to have a 80k/100k server and you have fun with your server and I'm happy for you. However, since the RoC registration is closed, I received requests from players who also would like to run a RoC and have fun with it. The idea is to start to do a rotation and not to close all current RoC.