How to download track block mods

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations Forever

How to download track block mods

Post by Shawsome » 03 Dec 2019 17:22

Hello. I was recently looking at the Maniaplanet website trying to find some car mods and I noticed that there were mods for different track pieces(blocks). I was wondering if anyone knew what folder to put the mods in, as I can't find the answer anywhere.
Thanks
Shawsome

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: How to download track block mods

Post by Alinoa » 05 Dec 2019 09:57

Hello,
You have to install the mod in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Maniaplanet\Skins\THE NAME OF THE ENVIRONMENT (Canyon, Lagoon, Stadium or Valley)\Mod\
If you want to get further information about Trackmania 2 titles, I invite you to join the maniaplanet forums: https://forum.maniaplanet.com/.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shawsome » 06 Dec 2019 18:10

Thank you, but when I go to Skins, what shows up are the folders Avatars, Crosshairs, and Horns. There are no environments. What do I do now?
(also I have tmnf not tmu so I only have default/stadium)

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shawsome » 06 Dec 2019 18:21

Also when I go to documents/trackmania/skins/stadium/mod, it shows up when I go to choose where to build my map (default, Frozenmod, Rallystadium,etc.)

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 09 Dec 2019 10:48

Hi Shawsome,

You have to create the folder for maniaplanet.

Cheers :)
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shawsome » 18 Dec 2019 20:50

Could you please send me a video of how to do it it's still not working.
my email is natesawesomehi@gmail.com
Thanks
Shawsome

eyebo
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by eyebo » 30 Dec 2020 00:49

I was recently looking at the Maniaplanet website trying to find some car mods and I noticed that there were mods for different track pieces(blocks)
I assume you were on the ManiaPark website. They do have mods there as well. Basically it's a way to substitute different textures in your track, instead of using the default ones that come with the game.
(also I have tmnf not tmu so I only have default/stadium)
If you only have tmnf, then the mods from ManiaPark will not work. Those mods are for TM2 Stadium, and the other TM2 titles.

There are mods for tmnf though. For example, here: http://trackmaniarpg.blogspot.com/2009/07/mods.html

You need to place the zip and loc files in:
Documents\Trackmania\Skins\Stadium\Mod\
or wherever your TMNF files are.

And then when you go to create a track it will let you choose which mod to use.

Or you can hold CTRL when loading a track into the editor and it will let you change the mod for an existing track.