TM2 News

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Vaio
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: TM2 News

Post by Vaio » 20 Sep 2009 10:23

Please guys... I need a option to do picture in picture at MT :P

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF

Post by Makikou » 20 Sep 2009 10:26

SlamDunk wrote:This is simply the best gaming news for me in a long time :lovetm :1 :3
Mac Matrix wrote:MORE SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS NADEO PLOX!
I have a feeling that we'll see direct feed footage next week.
Depends what you mean with Direct Feed Footage :S

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Makikou » 20 Sep 2009 10:36

Sorry for double post, but after reading French TM-Forums, lolomax has said this:
Just to say that Silver will post a full version of the passage of Hylis the great scene in the course of next week. Elle a été filmée avec une vraie caméra, donc la qualité et le son seront impeccables. It was filmed with a real camera, so quality and sound are impeccable.
So im guessing Deep Silver (or smthing) will post a full version of the trailer in HD next week or something.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 20 Sep 2009 11:07

He probably meant the player silver101 :mrgreen:

*MaStEr
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by *MaStEr » 20 Sep 2009 12:06

I made an article in Lithuanian TM cmnty website: http://www.trackmania.lt/news.php?readmore=24
No new info, just if some Lithuanian people didn't see that :D

Demented
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Demented » 20 Sep 2009 13:11

This is really good news. Especially after hearing rumors of NADEO possibly dropping the TM series. TMUF is still my favorite game. Ever since the Original Trackmania I've been hooked. More control over environment editing mean more variety of tracks. Awsome. The graphics and physics look Awsome too!
Anyone got a time machine I can use to jump a year into the future and start playing?

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Makikou » 20 Sep 2009 13:35

http://www.xfire.com/communities/tm2a/ join the TM2 Addicts group with all the newest info about TM2!

:D

Everyone who has XFire, Join!

DaCheese
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by DaCheese » 20 Sep 2009 14:47

Some great new features and even filmed in shakycam looks fantastic graphically. It does seem odd though to me that Nadeo rolled together the TMN and TMU communities and have now announced what sounds like a completely seperate game.

Demented
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Demented » 20 Sep 2009 15:37

Is it a confirmed fact that TM2 WILL be a seperate stand alone game?
And that it will NOT include the previous 7 environments as well?
If so, it must have a quite different game engine.
Yes, looking at the physics and graphics it does look way better but every new environment so far has had new physics and graphics too. Each environment has it's own physics and graphics that load independently with the tracks.
Could they still include the old enviros with this new version?
I don't see why not unless the entire game engine is new and incompatable.

Baino
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMOP,TMSX,TMUF

Post by Baino » 20 Sep 2009 16:59

As I understand it TM2 will be standalone but with the new environments. Looking at the video we've seen so far the the new environment may even be a merging of a couple of the previous environments. Having said that I've not seen anything to suggest this will replace nations. Maybe this will get a standalone sequel at a later date?

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 21 Sep 2009 06:06

Fantastic replies guys. Yeah, we don't know too much about this game yet, but it really does look like a whole new game using an astounding new graphics engine. Even going by the shaky cam footage it looks freakin amazing. Seems like the road surface in that vid is similar to the one used in Island. That's great because I love the Island road surface with those separated white racing lines. Gives the game a real sense of speed.

This announcement really did come out of nowhere. I am hoping to see at least Island and Stadium used in this new game utilizing the new graphics engine. Just by the video, you can tell the new engine looks like some sort of suped up GRID or DIRT 2 engine. Lot's of clean solid objects and textures. Can't wait to see the trailer in HD.

Last but not least, I know this has a very remote chance of happening, but what would you guys say the chances are of having the following in TM2:

1)Collisions
2)Manual Transmission
3)Realistic force feedback effects

....? Do you think there's a chance Nadeo may decide to implement either of these things? I'd sure love to see all three but that's just me :) :thumbsup:

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): redlion, ming

Post by ming » 21 Sep 2009 06:49

collisions: no chance. having no collisions is one of the pillars where trackmania is built on, and makes it so unique.
manual transmission: i highly doubt it, because trackmania does not aim to become a realistic driving simulation. just think of driving a crazy deseret or rally track, i dont think you would be able or have the time to shift the gears... :P
realistic force feedback: maybe. i'm sure they will improve a lot in that game, and have learned from their older titles, so there might be a chance for better FF-support.
Manialink: mingcolor>

Luxembourg's TM-community website: www.trackmania.lu

haenilion
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by haenilion » 21 Sep 2009 07:17

I'm looking forward to the new Trackmania. But there is a thing, wich leaves no room for rest:
Will the new game support the e-gaminig in the same manner as its predecessor or not? I mean for example:
Will there be a free version of it?
Will it have a main environment for professional racing (as now the stadium for ESL races)?

OR it'll be a common racing game with track editor and online gaming without points and ladder... And the TMN and TMUF will remain for competitors.

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by JumperJack » 21 Sep 2009 08:30

haenilion wrote:I'm looking forward to the new Trackmania. But there is a thing, wich leaves no room for rest:
Will the new game support the e-gaminig in the same manner as its predecessor or not? I mean for example:
Will there be a free version of it?
Will it have a main environment for professional racing (as now the stadium for ESL races)?

OR it'll be a common racing game with track editor and online gaming without points and ladder... And the TMN and TMUF will remain for competitors.
imo it will just be patience to find out how good it will be for e-gaming. however, note that TMUF is not an official e-game title as well, even though there are many competitions. how much tm2 competitions will be there is just probably a matter of how many players it will have.

i highly doubt there will be a free version, since i think that TMNF will be still as much supported as TM2, but then as the e-gaming variant. therefore i also don't think that stadium would 'die', but even grow. i think stadium will stay the 'professional' environment for quite a long time.

dustyjo
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TMS, TMN

Post by dustyjo » 21 Sep 2009 09:21

Zooz wrote:"the editor of blocks will be improved with two main functions, the offset circuit and the terraforming system for blocks requiring precise terraforming."
Sounds interesting but I have no clue :P
Sounds to me like we'll be able to transform certain blocks and the environment as we please (or I certainly hope so).

Also, hey guys long time no see :P
-dustyjo Happy TrackManiac since Dec. 2004