Guess the Other 2 Enviros

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Woutertje
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: Every game.

Re: Guess the Other 2 Enviros

Post by Woutertje » 12 Oct 2009 16:42

Maybe their gonna create a Mario enviroment. Then you can jump in pipe tunnels and travel trough the Mushroom Kingdom.
And finish 1 looks like Bowser and finish 2 looks like Princess Peach. That would be fun!
My old signature was awful, so i removed it.

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 12 Oct 2009 23:52

OK lets shortcut this needless speculation NOW.

The one we know about : Valley, European themed Cliffs and country as well as Highways and car-parks.

As to the other two, One will be will be given an American theme, one will have an Asian theme. and one of these will most likely be called "Arena".

There will be NO Mario themed environment and somehow I doubt there ever will be as I don`t think Nadeo will ever be able to afford or even want the Mario license from Nintendo for TM.

Woutertje
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Woutertje » 13 Oct 2009 04:46

hpbifta wrote:There will be NO Mario themed environment and somehow I doubt there ever will be as I don`t think Nadeo will ever be able to afford or even want the Mario license from Nintendo for TM.
OK OK i understand. But it was just an idea. Noone will know if its really gonna be an enviro.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 13 Oct 2009 12:44

Woutertje wrote:
hpbifta wrote:There will be NO Mario themed environment and somehow I doubt there ever will be as I don`t think Nadeo will ever be able to afford or even want the Mario license from Nintendo for TM.
OK OK i understand. But it was just an idea. Noone will know if its really gonna be an enviro.
You could just make a mod to make it look like Mario, just as good and if custom blocks will allow you then you could add a few mushrooms, and there are a few Mario and luigi carts on the carpark
Job done :D

see my movie for an example: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ ... eams/17431
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Woutertje
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Woutertje » 14 Oct 2009 15:00

otmb;ripbox wrote:
Woutertje wrote:
You could just make a mod to make it look like Mario, just as good and if custom blocks will allow you then you could add a few mushrooms, and there are a few Mario and luigi carts on the carpark
Job done :D

see my movie for an example: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ ... eams/17431
Yes, thats a good idea to make mushrooms.
And a few? Sorry but there are just 2 carts.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 15 Oct 2009 16:32

Woutertje wrote: And a few? Sorry but there are just 2 carts.
you will have to dig deeper into the archives for them, if not then im sure someone would be willing to make more and better ones, i doubt the current cars will import into tm2 anyway
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

solix
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TM TMO TMSX TMUF

Post by solix » 20 Oct 2009 18:37

If the Asian enviro looks like asian maps in Unreal Tournament it gonna bu Humongous.

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 25 Oct 2009 06:55

I'm hoping for an F-ZeroGX type of environment. Something Sci-fi with lots of crazy elevations like Mute City.

Static Juice
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF TM2C

Post by Static Juice » 25 Oct 2009 23:37

Personally I'm wanting to see an environment that is completely different to the others. :P

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 26 Oct 2009 15:43

isamu wrote:I'm hoping for an F-ZeroGX type of environment. Something Sci-fi with lots of crazy elevations like Mute City.
This really is most un-likely, Nadeo are usually quite keen to keep their games more or less based in the real world but with that exagerated touch which they do so well. They are not fans of making true Sci-Fi elements in their games as they believe it could limit the appeal of their games. Almost everyone likes and can identify with cars, whether licensed vehicles or not. Because of this people have some idea of what to expect and it immediately helps ground them in the game world making it easier to "get into the game" and start playing. Not everyone is a Sci-Fi fan and Sci-Fi racers themselves are considered a very minority market. Games like Dirt, Grid, NFS etc tend to outsell titles like F-Zero and Wipeout many many times over. I must admit I do wish the same as you, that there could be a true Sci-Fi version of TM but It`s still something we are not likely to see for the forseeable future. (hey Florent pleeease grant me that license to make TM a sci-fi sister game I once asked for pleeeeease. (he`s never going to grant it but it does`nt hurt to beg every now and again))

If you want something with the look/feel of the Sci-Fi Racers such as F-Zero, Wipeout, eXtremeG, POD, MegaRace, NY-Racer, SW-Racer etc you are going to have to pick the environment with the physics you like best and then build build build. You are going to need to build blocks, a vehicle *though there are already some in the TM-Car Park from a few of the above mentioned games, a sound scheme all-sorts.

I myself am going to try building a Wipeout style mini-enviro once TM2 is available. Looks like we may have found the captain of the crew which is going to try an F-Zero one.

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 29 Oct 2009 06:26

hpbifta wrote: This really is most un-likely, Nadeo are usually quite keen to keep their games more or less based in the real world but with that exagerated touch which they do so well. They are not fans of making true Sci-Fi elements in their games as they believe it could limit the appeal of their games. Almost everyone likes and can identify with cars, whether licensed vehicles or not. Because of this people have some idea of what to expect and it immediately helps ground them in the game world making it easier to "get into the game" and start playing. Not everyone is a Sci-Fi fan and Sci-Fi racers themselves are considered a very minority market. Games like Dirt, Grid, NFS etc tend to outsell titles like F-Zero and Wipeout many many times over. I must admit I do wish the same as you, that there could be a true Sci-Fi version of TM but It`s still something we are not likely to see for the forseeable future. (hey Florent pleeease grant me that license to make TM a sci-fi sister game I once asked for pleeeeease. (he`s never going to grant it but it does`nt hurt to beg every now and again))

If you want something with the look/feel of the Sci-Fi Racers such as F-Zero, Wipeout, eXtremeG, POD, MegaRace, NY-Racer, SW-Racer etc you are going to have to pick the environment with the physics you like best and then build build build. You are going to need to build blocks, a vehicle *though there are already some in the TM-Car Park from a few of the above mentioned games, a sound scheme all-sorts.

I myself am going to try building a Wipeout style mini-enviro once TM2 is available. Looks like we may have found the captain of the crew which is going to try an F-Zero one.
Good post hpbifta. I guess you're right. Sci-fi is indeed a niche genre. F-ZeroGX is such an underrated game. I love it. The good news is that it looks like it is going to be emulated via dolphin in the near future.

But yeah, if TM2 allows us to have a lot of flexibility over how much we can mod the environments, then you very well could make a nice F-ZeroGX clone. We'll see :)

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 29 Oct 2009 14:04

isamu wrote:
hpbifta wrote: This really is most un-likely, Nadeo are usually quite keen to keep their games more or less based in the real world but with that exagerated touch which they do so well. They are not fans of making true Sci-Fi elements in their games as they believe it could limit the appeal of their games. Almost everyone likes and can identify with cars, whether licensed vehicles or not. Because of this people have some idea of what to expect and it immediately helps ground them in the game world making it easier to "get into the game" and start playing. Not everyone is a Sci-Fi fan and Sci-Fi racers themselves are considered a very minority market. Games like Dirt, Grid, NFS etc tend to outsell titles like F-Zero and Wipeout many many times over. I must admit I do wish the same as you, that there could be a true Sci-Fi version of TM but It`s still something we are not likely to see for the forseeable future. (hey Florent pleeease grant me that license to make TM a sci-fi sister game I once asked for pleeeeease. (he`s never going to grant it but it does`nt hurt to beg every now and again))

Good post hpbifta. I guess you're right. Sci-fi is indeed a niche genre. F-ZeroGX is such an underrated game. I love it. The good news is that it looks like it is going to be emulated via dolphin in the near future.

But yeah, if TM2 allows us to have a lot of flexibility over how much we can mod the environments, then you very well could make a nice F-ZeroGX clone. We'll see :)
Well, since it's already possible to create cars that tilt when cornering and it's already possible to create block skins (to emulate stuff) then I don't see why something F-zeroish or Wipeoutish won't get made. :)

But personally, so long as there's an environment which drives like stadium, I'll be happy. the stadiumcar's not too good for stunts though, but maybe Nadeo could "unlock" the steering lock for stunt mode ... ;)
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Beamer1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Beamer1 » 01 Nov 2009 01:48

I could imagine a toy room like enviroment or a forest one.

TaeKwonDUDE
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMU,TMUF

Post by TaeKwonDUDE » 16 Nov 2009 18:00

I'd like to see an environment where one had to deal with highway traffic like in The Transporter 2, but a Micro Machines enviro would also be appreciated.

Stadium Enviro + Island Cars = Arena Enviro?
Driving at high speeds on Route 1337

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Post by NANI » 16 Nov 2009 18:02

A Space enviroment!
With more friction or less and harder to control it

why think down if the sky ain't the limit :)

it will be a new diferent type from all :thumbsup: I would be pretty awesome LOL
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video