Guess the Other 2 Enviros

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Re: Guess the Other 2 Enviros

Post by SpeedBean » 14 Jul 2010 00:36

Their will not be "2 other enviroments" their will be many more than that, but only after a couple years. Nadeo is planning on releasing The game with only one enviroment. But every three months a new enviroment will be released, which can be purchased seperately for (Im guessing) $15 to $20. So after about a year you could have four enviroments if your willing to shell out the $60-$80. This way you can play the game for about 20 bucks but to get the full experience you would have to pay $225-$300 because I think I read somewhere that Nadeo is planning on releasing about 15 enviroments.
OG Been here since 2003,

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 14 Jul 2010 06:54

SpeedBean wrote:Their will not be "2 other enviroments" their will be many more than that, but only after a couple years. Nadeo is planning on releasing The game with only one enviroment. But every three months a new enviroment will be released, which can be purchased seperately for (Im guessing) $15 to $20. So after about a year you could have four enviroments if your willing to shell out the $60-$80. This way you can play the game for about 20 bucks but to get the full experience you would have to pay $225-$300 because I think I read somewhere that Nadeo is planning on releasing about 15 enviroments.
:roll:

Why on Earth would anyone believe this? Do you have any proof or are just talking out of your bum? :roflol:

This is simply not going to happen so stop spreading fud.

Slave692
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO, TMN

Post by Slave692 » 14 Jul 2010 11:17

maybe kind of like a war zone where you have to dodge tank missiles or you get flipped or sent to nearest checkpoint and make explosion craters and tank tracks to cross or avoid getting stuck

Slave692
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO, TMN

Post by Slave692 » 14 Jul 2010 11:21

make a massively mountainous environment that if go too fast or too wide you fall off and make another environment with cars from the 30s , 40s or 50s

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by SpeedBean » 14 Jul 2010 18:58

isamu wrote: :roll:
Why on Earth would anyone believe this? Do you have any proof or are just talking out of your bum? :roflol:
This is simply not going to happen so stop spreading fud.
Well isnt someone a little snarky today, :) Honestly I dont mind because it does sound like a load of BS. I heard it from maniaplanet.com.

Heres an explanetion from Florent the format didnt transfer well from forum to forum but here it is:

The business around maniaplanet should be simple. We expect to sell each 'Title' (one environment for a game, like TM² Canyon for example) separately at a reasonable price. All the titles could be use independently but they combine themselves into a single place: maniaplanet.

In fact, it is likely that users will buy planets (the new name of coppers in maniaplanet) With it, they would be able to acquire the different titles. This part is being worked out but it is quite close to what we did with coppers capable of buying TM United.

And to answer haenry, DLC for me is when a content is necessary to fill a space that exist virtually in the game. By making separate environments, I feel it is less like DLC, but more like separated content or standalone add-ons if you prefer. In fact is also content, but not here to complete an already existing one, but to add to it.

Zooz, our minimal plan is for nine environments and current ambition is for fifteen. We will adapt to the situation anyway. There could be more or there could be less.

Hylis wrote:
the price of each title will be independent. You can see this as smaller game release more often. The goal is to make a continuous release. If we release three environment in the year, at 19€90 each for example, then it would make you pay 59€70 each year for the three different environments and getting at the same time the online and engine evolution. And if you prefer only TM² and QM, for example, you can take only two and it will cost you less.
OG Been here since 2003,

fastforza
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMUF & TMNF
Manialink(s): forzyy, tracks, mx

Post by fastforza » 15 Jul 2010 06:16

SpeedBean wrote:This way you can play the game for about 20 bucks but to get the full experience you would have to pay $225-$300 because I think I read somewhere that Nadeo is planning on releasing about 15 enviroments.
That statement isn't even worth a response it's so bad. :? The only part you got right was the plan for 15 environments.
SpeedBean wrote:Well isnt someone a little snarky today, :) Honestly I dont mind because it does sound like a load of BS. I heard it from maniaplanet.com.
You've managed to read information incorrectly. Silly.

Where on earth did you manage to get only one environment from, really?

Try and read a little better next time.
Mania Exchange (http://mania-exchange.com). Join us in September.

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by SpeedBean » 15 Jul 2010 14:37

I was incorrect about the pricing, But Im not quite sure if your following me

Hylis wrote:
The business around maniaplanet should be simple. We expect to sell each 'Title' (one environment for a game, like TM² Canyon for example) separately at a reasonable price. All the titles could be use independently but they combine themselves into a single place: maniaplanet

Thats the proof that each title is coming out seperatly. Basicly title is another name for an enviroment just to clarify. Heres the post on maniaplanet where I got my info: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79

Basicly Florent says that each enviroment will be purchased seperatly, and there is no set price yet. In my original poat I said $15-$20 per enviroment but that was just an estimate, sorry If that was confusing
OG Been here since 2003,

fastforza
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMUF & TMNF
Manialink(s): forzyy, tracks, mx

Post by fastforza » 16 Jul 2010 05:40

SpeedBean wrote:Thats the proof that each title is coming out seperatly. Basicly title is another name for an enviroment just to clarify. Heres the post on maniaplanet where I got my info: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79
The game will come with 3 environments. There will be more environments to add to the game, each sold separately. Nadeo aren't stupid and wouldn't make a game with one environment to begin with.
Mania Exchange (http://mania-exchange.com). Join us in September.

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by SpeedBean » 16 Jul 2010 19:37

fastforza wrote:
SpeedBean wrote:Thats the proof that each title is coming out seperatly. Basicly title is another name for an enviroment just to clarify. Heres the post on maniaplanet where I got my info: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79
The game will come with 3 environments. There will be more environments to add to the game, each sold separately. Nadeo aren't stupid and wouldn't make a game with one environment to begin with.
Sorry, I think I got a little caught up in the argument. Now I've made myself look like an ass. Well thanks for setting the record straight.
OG Been here since 2003,

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 19 Jul 2010 20:13

fastforza wrote:The game will come with 3 environments. There will be more environments to add to the game, each sold separately. Nadeo aren't stupid and wouldn't make a game with one environment to begin with.
As far as i followed the discussion, there wasn't mentioned if TM2 will come with one or 3 envis. Only that TM2 will have 3.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 20 Jul 2010 13:19

tcq wrote:
fastforza wrote:The game will come with 3 environments. There will be more environments to add to the game, each sold separately. Nadeo aren't stupid and wouldn't make a game with one environment to begin with.
As far as i followed the discussion, there wasn't mentioned if TM2 will come with one or 3 envis. Only that TM2 will have 3.
I'm pretty sure the game will be released with 3, and then subsequent environment packs will follow (with the aim of one per month approx.) That's the impression i get from the pre-talk allthough of course, as with many things, nothing is final until TM2 release ^^

Am quite looking forward to "plugging in" a new environment often :D

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 21 Jul 2010 04:37

jamie_macdonald wrote: I'm pretty sure the game will be released with 3, and then subsequent environment packs will follow (with the aim of one per month approx.) That's the impression i get from the pre-talk allthough of course, as with many things, nothing is final until TM2 release ^^

It was mentioned that, as a maximum, 3-4 per year for all games will be released. SO you have to wait between 9-12 months for a new TM envi.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 21 Jul 2010 08:57

tcq wrote:
jamie_macdonald wrote: I'm pretty sure the game will be released with 3, and then subsequent environment packs will follow (with the aim of one per month approx.) That's the impression i get from the pre-talk allthough of course, as with many things, nothing is final until TM2 release ^^

It was mentioned that, as a maximum, 3-4 per year for all games will be released. SO you have to wait between 9-12 months for a new TM envi.

Yeah i guess they have to leave some settling in time after game release eh ...or if there are any problems they will not have their attention on it if making other environments ...plus the publicity etc after release they will have their hands tied for sure.

Should be interesting tho eh ... ^^