Trackmania 2 : FJV Paris and Info. ENGLISH

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

SiH
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS

Trackmania 2 : FJV Paris and Info. ENGLISH

Post by SiH » 20 Sep 2009 16:23

Thef-ups wrote:Small summary on the announcement and the game TM2 ;)

Trackmania 2!

Announcement of TM2!

This is the video game festival in Paris Porte de Versailles, the president of Nadeo studio, Florent Castelnarac, announced Trackmania 2 exclusively on PC. Environment (3-under in the final version) was released: this is "Valley". A green background on which the cars move like cars series swollen with anabolic steroids. A video was shown during the conference and we must admit that the graphics have been severely improved compared to previous titles in the series. Especially in light of that progress is most obvious: the reflections on the body are stunning, the management of light sources is much deeper than before and the game is much more detailed. And all this without the small PCs are not excluded. Indeed, the goal for developers is to ensure that a PC that can run Trackmania Nations Forever Trackmania can run 2. A very commendable attention appreciate those who do not have a racing machine.

Why Nadeo decided to create a Trackmania 2 is not so much to make a game more beautiful, but rather to push the concept of creation circuit further. Thus, it is now possible to import the game blocks (portions of roads that are used to create the tracks) you can create from scratch (geometry, texture ...). And then, the only limit is your imagination because you no longer have to confine you to block "official" at your disposal.

But the announcement of the functionality that made the most noise in the audience was surely the presence of 4 modes in split screen! It is indeed possible to play more on the same PC in a Party mode (in which people join the party if they wish), a Cup mode (same as on Trackmania one knows) By the way Team (sort of relay races), and finally, the co-op mode (there is a campaign dedicated the medal to which each participant add up). The graphics are more beautiful, more game modes, creating opportunities for extended, Trackmania 2 already looks like a major racing game on PC.

While many expected images ShootMania and QuestMania Florent Castelnérac, president and creator of Nadeo TrackMania, has announced a new installment of his seminal game during a conference on the big stage!

After starting talking about the formal integration of the campaign in StarTrack United Forever is like a clap of thunder echoing in the great scene with the announcement of TrackMania 2. Both videos were broadcast, a graphic quality of games worthy of the moment, the first showing a circuit construction of the new environment, called Valley. The second sequence showed a race in a video shot in high quality, on the same circuit!

Among the new features, most will probably import blocks created with 3D software! This will provide a variety of blocks by the community and thereby create novel combinations of blocks. Among other features, we have a multiplayer split screen (in the first PC games), and a function called ManiaScript to schedule new features in the tools of game (eg MediaTracker). Florent has also announced a new lighting system that will make lighting more beautiful than ever.

After the conference, Florent discussed personally with the community to provide some details: the editor of blocks will be improved with two main functions, the offset circuit and the terraforming system for blocks requiring precise terraforming. He also talked about the future of TM Forever, which is still supported, and TM2 is a game in hand. TM2 environments have two types of blocks, and the watchword for environments would slopes.

With regard to ShootMania and QuestMania, development is still valid. However, development of TM2 has reached a stage that has exceeded that of SM and QM, pushing their release date. Furthermore, no release date has been announced for the 3 games, but we will build on the end of 2010 for TM2.

At the Festival:
-Croash- wrote:I went Festival du Jeu Video 1 hour ago, so I told myself it would be nice to upload video from Trackmania 2.

There were 2 videos, but due to my battery I could only shoot 3 / 4 of the 2nd, which shows the Ingame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpV9DuoXSs

The 1st video showing the creation of circuits was beautiful, you really can do O_o

Here are some fresh images from all of my digital camera (quality is average, but it's always that):

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2602-216b6a6839.jpg - The guys NADEO.

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2603-9a0f2e9c41.jpg - The guys from Festival with one of NADEO.

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2608-ea56db7a66.jpg - = New Effects Light everywhere to enhance the beauty. And modifiable by players I think.

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2609-156eb15892.jpg - Announcement " Split / Screen "with this image, ability to play several at the same time on one screen with multiple controllers (and maybe a keyboard?). 4 different game modes.

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2610-94b3f08a72.jpg - Announcement " ManiaScript, the programming language TrackMania I think. That way players can have fun creating beautiful things.

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2611-f89adc0579.jpg - Then there we have shown this picture by saying "My family asked me, why make a Trackmania 2? I said, in TrackMania 1, players can create circuits with blocks. In TrackMania 2, players can import their custom blocks "* Thunderous applause *

Finally, 2 images to show well-off:
http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2612-1ce2d80175.jpg
http://www.noelshack.com/up/aab/img_2613-927015bc99.jpg
Well, I hope you liked it! Now he just have to wait.

Details on the game

pod.GameuZze wrote:The other 2 will be announced enviro style "American" and "Asian".
And hylis to also announce that the freestyle was also studied during the design of some block.
pod.GameuZze wrote:I'll summarize the info in bulk has been obtained from Hylis:

-3 Environment for Trackmania 2 announced
First Valley, presented in the video, announcing himself as a mix of all the enviros (except for snow), the pipe is between a heavy car (like coast) and flexile (desert like). Then, in theory should emerge an enviro-style "American" in the quenching of desert and island, and finally an enviro "Asian" as snow and bay.
Light-management increased, the mapper itself will have the opportunity to return the light in a desired location.
Block-customizable, no need to explain so it's huge.
-Introduction to ManiaScript where most ferru coding can be expressed and encode craziest scripts!
-ShootMania will not be a fast fps or a cod, so wait & see.

And surely I forget, but one thing I am sure: His will be big
pod.CameuZze wrote:Oh I forgot:

-Ability to move a group of complete block, see the map itself. (orientation of the sun etc.)
And attention, you can copy and paste a block with its teramorphing, ie a block annoying to place can move further with the terramorphing that goes with it, nice!

video

Link TM2
Site gaming festival (in Paris):
annotation

offficiel TM Site:
Trackmania site

Forum French:
TM2-game

Forum German:
TM2-Die Game

Forum English:
The TM2-game
Thef-ups, Google Translate
Image Image

TMU: Forever<3

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF

Re: Trackmania 2 : FJV Paris and Info. ENGLISH

Post by Makikou » 20 Sep 2009 16:53

Thanks SiH, Epic post.

Manuel
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Manuel » 20 Sep 2009 17:03

just one correnction: this is the link to the tm2-topic in the official german forums: http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showt ... p?p=390537

you linked to tmaniacs.blogspot.com - also a really great source for information, but a bit misleading imo :)
zomg :D

Rax
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Rax » 20 Sep 2009 17:08

Thanks for this :)

budd
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by budd » 20 Sep 2009 17:17

realy good, knew half of it but still...
...realy good

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 20 Sep 2009 20:18

Yes, those were some of the most informative posts from the French forum, good summary.

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dec » 20 Sep 2009 21:49

the goal for developers is to ensure that a PC that can run Trackmania Nations Forever Trackmania can run 2. A very commendable attention appreciate those who do not have a racing machine.
Ah I just love that, it means that I will be able to actually play the game on my laptop, yay <3

Eltath
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMO,TMS, TMNF

Post by Eltath » 21 Sep 2009 07:24

If players can create their own blocks. What file size will they be. You wouldn't want 10mb for every file, especially on on line play. But you wouldn't want a file that is very quick to download but crappy quality either :( ........

And will TM come with a block editor or not.......Coz I am not good with 3ds max or any other 3d or 2d program :( :( :(

Anyway REALLY EXCITED HERE!!!

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 21 Sep 2009 07:48

nice post thanks :)

SlamDunk
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM/TMS/TMUF

Post by SlamDunk » 21 Sep 2009 13:27

Who did the music for this ™² trailer and what is the name of the song?
keyboard kontrolled since 2003 | my pc

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF

Post by Makikou » 21 Sep 2009 13:31

No idea, but its quite good^^

Although TMS(X) had the best Soundtrack for now.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 21 Sep 2009 15:56

ManiaScript really interest me!!!
This is a great news!!!!
Great Nadeo!!
:gobananas:

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 22 Sep 2009 11:38

This topic sudenly started to stick somehow :)

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

SiH
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS

Post by SiH » 22 Sep 2009 15:06

Lol thanks.

I didn't write all this, but we have to thanks Thef ups ;)
Image Image

TMU: Forever<3

Kakkoii
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU & TMO

Post by Kakkoii » 22 Sep 2009 23:52

First Valley, presented in the video, announcing himself as a mix of all the enviros (except for snow), the pipe is between a heavy car (like coast) and flexile (desert like). Then, in theory should emerge an enviro-style "American" in the quenching of desert and island, and finally an enviro "Asian" as snow and bay.
BOO! How can they throw away Stadium like that? Stadium is the most popular environment. I hate all the other environments -_-.
Come visit our server
Tet19 Music Tower