Trackmania2 Beta???

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

gabriel_wdsilva
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Trackmania2 Beta???

Post by gabriel_wdsilva » 22 Sep 2009 23:47

Help Nadeo in TM2 will be cool, because i have a lot of ideas. If them can be have in TM2 :lovenadeo: :tmforever: i love that emoticon -> :gotcha:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 23 Sep 2009 18:51

Nadeo also has lots of ideas as far as I know, but it needs to be realistic as well... You can't implement every idea into one game.

Klompie
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMU/TMUF

Post by Klompie » 23 Sep 2009 23:52

The video's look cool , the game looks great, graphics if they are as seen on the vids are great as well.
Its great to have the game announced and shown for public, but now we all want it, not tomorrow...but yesterday!!!
I guess this sums up the general feeling I tend to see in the forum.
TMU was tested on server as well as on player level, so I assume that's gonna happen to TM2 as well.
Putting it too quick on the market might rob us of a good game.
Bugs will be found and most likely delay the launch of the game as well, so I'll be sitting (un)patiently and (un)willing, and give it time.
But pls hurry!!!..:P

LegoChesser
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TM,TMSX,TMN,TMUF,DS
Manialink(s): maniaspace?user=lego_chesser

Post by LegoChesser » 27 Sep 2009 15:04

I'm wondering if Nadeo is going to release screens with thing they've changed on the last moments (like in the 1st TM, who remembers those turns from Desert and the font of Rally? (Look: http://www.diskidee.nl/2004/01/20/stock ... baan/4669/!)

I hope so, :D Who knows.... Otherwise the community will make it! ;)

PS. Is there an Block Editor in TM2?
Join the Bomberman Group today! If you want to join, please send a PM!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 27 Sep 2009 15:08

Answer is here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ry_state0=

kristjan
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by kristjan » 27 Sep 2009 20:54

Tom.CZ.73 wrote:
Answer is here:
Thanks for that link tom...
So, there will not be any beta, but a alpha version we have to pay for? :S
kristjan aka MiniGod

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 27 Sep 2009 21:10

kristjan wrote:
Tom.CZ.73 wrote:
Answer is here:
Thanks for that link tom...
So, there will not be any beta, but a alpha version we have to pay for? :S
I was refering to part there Florent talk about block editor. He said that they are not sure yet. He don't want to promise anything what he is not sure about. Personally I doubt that TM2 will have block editor...

I read it few days ago and I don't remember that beta was discused in this interview. I can't imagine how could they skip beta stage of developement :))

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 27 Sep 2009 21:21

Im pretty sure that when the time comes TM2 will have both Alpha and Beta testing stages.

The Alpha will be for a restricted few who`s job it is to test the new features, work out limitations, examine the interface, bug test, refine functions and sneak in any last-minute new feaures or possibly even remove ones which don`t quite work etc.

Then when Nadeo are happy they will start the main Beta test which is all about useability and server strain etc more than testing the code. This is how it has gone for the last few TM games and is a standard practise model within the gaming industry.

Considering the scope of what Nadeo are trying to do I wouldn`t be surprised if TM2 has a much extended Alpha test period than previous games as a lot of what they have said so far could be quite deep and complicated. But as with anything we can but wait and see.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 27 Sep 2009 21:24

I see.

Unfortunately, my ability to read Frenchglish is very poor (if at all existant :roflol: ) so I haven't been able to understand most of what the interview said.

But.... did they say that the car in Valley is a sort of like slower-accelerating and more controllable Island car? One of the things I did pick up on was the discussion on how the car handled...

I also noticed that Valley originally used Bay as its template (as Stadium did, I've found out :mrgreen: ).

Also, I would quite happily pay a little money to play the alpha. It would all be in the great name of TrackMania, I see no problem with paying €5 to test the game :gobananas:

edit

In another thread, someone has "confirmed" that TM2 is set for release in Q4 2010. I'm not going to say whether they're right or not, but if they are, then I suspect Nadeo will want to have a very length alpha and beta testing period to make sure everything works... I think that for some lucky Trackmaniacs, they might get the game for testing maybe 3-6 months earlier than that? O_o

I totally need to get that GTX295 ._.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 27 Sep 2009 23:02

Also, I would quite happily pay a little money to play the alpha. It would all be in the great name of TrackMania, I see no problem with paying €5 to test the game :gobananas:
That's interesting idea but I am afraid it's interesting only from our (fans) point of view. Nadeo expect testing, reports ect. from reliable tm "experts". Money income from such small group of people wouldn't be satisfactory to justify increased change of leaking informations from unloyal testers. Anyway I would hesitate to pay even for beta access :pil

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 28 Sep 2009 11:07

You're overlooking the fact that I'm as expert as an expert can be when it comes to testing games. ;)

I know what you're saying -cough-those idiots who leaked info of TMF during beta-cough- but I don't see why, if people are privileged to test and play an unreleased game, they should go and spoil it. Those people shouldn't play Trackmania. :pil

What I'm saying basically is - if Florent sends me a PM telling me he wants me to test the game, I will. If Florent sends me a PM telling me I can test the game but I have to pay, I will. You have no idea how happy I was to contribute to the TMF beta testing and the only thing that can top that is being able to test an entirely new game.

:island2

Besides, they'll have to find out how the game runs on as many different combinations of hardware as is possible. ;)
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Makikou
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF

Post by Makikou » 28 Sep 2009 16:17

Mac Matrix wrote:You're overlooking the fact that I'm as expert as an expert can be when it comes to testing games. ;)

I know what you're saying -cough-those idiots who leaked info of TMF during beta-cough- but I don't see why, if people are privileged to test and play an unreleased game, they should go and spoil it. Those people shouldn't play Trackmania. :pil

What I'm saying basically is - if Florent sends me a PM telling me he wants me to test the game, I will. If Florent sends me a PM telling me I can test the game but I have to pay, I will. You have no idea how happy I was to contribute to the TMF beta testing and the only thing that can top that is being able to test an entirely new game.

:island2

Besides, they'll have to find out how the game runs on as many different combinations of hardware as is possible. ;)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nym
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): ECU

Post by Nym » 30 Sep 2009 18:30

I hope there will be a wide closed beta (and i hope to be in :pil )
I need to test the new Video export and MT features :thumbsup:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 01 Oct 2009 11:28

I can only think of disadvantages for a paid alpha (although it depends on how big it is as well). Maybe that was a mistranslation? ^^

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 01 Oct 2009 13:43

Psfft. Some Trackmaniac you are. >/

</joke>

I do highly doubt Nadeo offering only a paid alpha/beta testing opportunity. I just personally don't care if I have to pay a few €'s to play the new Trackmania. :P
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad