How much are you willing to Pay?

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Re: How much are you willing to Pay?

Post by NANI » 16 Dec 2010 16:55

OneStep wrote:I dont know maybe free :roflol: :thumbsup: :)
demo only lol
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video

Fastlex600
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMDS TMT

Post by Fastlex600 » 28 Mar 2011 17:48

I'm willing to pay... 60$ (us)

moosey
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by moosey » 05 Apr 2011 21:17

I think the Technology behind it must be a little old I remember a preview a couple of years ago now, so i would like to pay about £25 pounds.

Really looking forward to seeing it. tho :D

DeJaMo
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, Canyon

Post by DeJaMo » 11 Apr 2011 17:39

FORCE.10 wrote: I personally believe that TM2 should come out with a "Nations version", i.e. a less expansive free version, a free upgrade for Nations players. That way Nadeo can keep the Nations players on board, otherwise they'll probably go off it as it becomes older and older.
.....eh, and you seriously believe that Ubisoft are going to follow the Nadeo concept of a free game with some benefits if you buy the full game ? Ubisoft have no interest in keeping the Nations players on board, that's why they (Nadeo/Ubisoft) imposed the heinous FreeZone crap on Nations players and yes I know this ain't a FZ thread and yes I'm sure Dr. Pangloss will probably delete this post, but do I give a **** ? :)

qb-tim
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO+, TMSX, TMUF
Manialink(s): qb-tim

Post by qb-tim » 11 Apr 2011 19:05

DeJaMo wrote:
FORCE.10 wrote: I personally believe that TM2 should come out with a "Nations version", i.e. a less expansive free version, a free upgrade for Nations players. That way Nadeo can keep the Nations players on board, otherwise they'll probably go off it as it becomes older and older.
.....eh, and you seriously believe that Ubisoft are going to follow the Nadeo concept of a free game with some benefits if you buy the full game ? Ubisoft have no interest in keeping the Nations players on board, that's why they (Nadeo/Ubisoft) imposed the heinous FreeZone crap on Nations players and yes I know this ain't a FZ thread and yes I'm sure Dr. Pangloss will probably delete this post, but do I give a **** ? :)
As far as I've understood it, TM2 will be a whole new (seperate) game, with new environments - none of the old environments will be carried over.
visit my manialink: qb-timcolor>

Snowy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Snowy » 19 Apr 2011 22:09

Looking at the latest so-called "teaser" movie of the Canyon in TM2 I'd pay no more than £10.

Looked identical to normal TMUF just with a road skin on it. Very unimpressed.

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 20 Apr 2011 06:50

Snowy wrote:Looking at the latest so-called "teaser" movie of the Canyon in TM2 I'd pay no more than £10.

Looked identical to normal TMUF just with a road skin on it. Very unimpressed.
Don't feed it, guys....

alaus
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: none

Post by alaus » 19 May 2011 09:17

Is it really worth buying if you ONLY play DIRT, and ONLY ROUNDS and CUP-mode?

Before I could say how much I would pay for TM2, I would like to get some clear information what I get for it. I have played the free version of Trackmania for more than a year but I find the Trackmania website and information confusing.

Playing the free version, I find hundreds of servers but only a handful which are good to me. Usually when I login there are only about 2 - 3 servers that have dirt-tracks in the 'rounds' or "cup" mode. "Time attack" and those crazy looping tracks don't interest me at all. What's the point of "Time Attack" in an online game anyway? It's just like playing against a computer.....

And since they introduced Freezone, the whole Trackmania experience has become worse.

Will TM2 have more dirt-track servers in "rounds" or "cup" mode? And will there be a decent free version of it? Because if not, then there will be not enough players to play against. I don't mind paying for a premium version with more options(better graphics, etc.), but if they kill the experience for free players altogether then the game will die.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 23 May 2011 17:37

:roll: Hey look, another Nations player whingeing about how he won't play if there's not a free version of TM2. How exactly do you expect Nadeo to get paid in order to improve upon, and expand upon, TM2? Those improvements don't come for free, you know...each improvement costs man-hours, processing time, electrical costs, etc etc...and that's all paid for because you buy their game(s).
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 23 May 2011 18:31

Trackmaniack wrote::roll: Hey look, another Nations player whingeing about how he won't play if there's not a free version of TM2. How exactly do you expect Nadeo to get paid in order to improve upon, and expand upon, TM2? Those improvements don't come for free, you know...each improvement costs man-hours, processing time, electrical costs, etc etc...and that's all paid for because you buy their game(s).
hey look, another United player with his head way too far up Nadeo's ass putting words into people's mouths.

alaus: you seem to think that TM2 will be like Stadium when you're talking about Dirt. TM2 will be a completely different game. Nothing like Stadium, nothing like Dirt. let's just hope Nadeo creates a better solution for this Freezone thingy for TMNF when TM2 is out. You can check out this petition where you will find some possible improvements to it: http://tm-freezone.org/index.php

keiyakins
highway camper
highway camper

Post by keiyakins » 29 May 2011 14:34

I would have said $25 to $30 a week ago. Then I got TMUF.

Now? Absolutely nothing.

If I buy a game and have advertising forced into my face every time I launch it, then I'm blacklisting the developer. Until Nadeo refunds the game or removes the advertising, and apologizes for doing both and promises never to do so again, I'm not buying a single thing they develop ever again.

qb-tim
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO+, TMSX, TMUF
Manialink(s): qb-tim

Post by qb-tim » 29 May 2011 16:59

keiyakins wrote:I would have said $25 to $30 a week ago. Then I got TMUF.

Now? Absolutely nothing.

If I buy a game and have advertising forced into my face every time I launch it, then I'm blacklisting the developer. Until Nadeo refunds the game or removes the advertising, and apologizes for doing both and promises never to do so again, I'm not buying a single thing they develop ever again.
You can switch off advertising in the game configuration:
Application Launcher -> Configure -> Advanced -> Network -> Disable Advertising
visit my manialink: qb-timcolor>

Alter-Fox
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMO TMS

Post by Alter-Fox » 30 May 2011 17:17

I think he's talking about the TM2 'ad' that appears at the game launch, not the in track advertising signs (which, personally, I keep enabled because it adds some more realism to the races... and I started making fake signs for a made-up chocolate company too...).

There's nothing you can do about the TM2 screen AFAIK.
I never thought of it as an ad, I suppose because I'm buying TM2 anyway :D.
And after all, we live in.... the age of persuasion.

I don't care how much it will cost, as long as I can get it in Canada... there was one time I tried to buy something online and the website told me I couldn't buy and download it because I'm in Canada... (My thoughts at that moment - wth? I was about to give you my money! :P)
Friend and ally to cats of all stripes, whether I like it or not. :)
Check out my original music @ https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com or look for Vertigo Fox on soundcloud and in other places.

Coookie
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Coookie » 04 Jun 2011 14:25

ummm... I have no clue how much content it has and all.
Basically I think around 10€ depending on the content. Which is above average I spend on games these days. I bought Trackmania United not only because I wanted to try out the other environments and extra modes, but also because I enjoyed Trackmania Nations and wanted to show some support to the devs.

keiyakins
highway camper
highway camper

Post by keiyakins » 07 Jun 2011 00:52

qb-tim wrote:You can switch off advertising in the game configuration:
Application Launcher -> Configure -> Advanced -> Network -> Disable Advertising
That only disables the ones you can't even see because you're moving fast and zooming along the track, not the forced splash screen ad.