Features to Hope For...

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Re: Features to Hope For...

Post by Trackmaniack » 29 Mar 2010 13:22

racemaster76 wrote:
metoxys wrote:I want Nadeo to make TM a Game for Windows LIVE.
This would be so damn awesome :)

meto
No metoxys, why would they? If they did, they will have to pay a HUGE price for being partners with Microsoft, and you know that Microsoft is a big company right? So why would they? Nadeo is less bigger than Microsoft. :roflol:
Agreed with racemaster. Besides, Nadeo already got snagged up by Ubi...and Ubi would have to sell them to Microsoft. Why would they go do that? And besides, the client that is already used in TM is perfect..the only thing that I would suggest adding would be a voicechat program...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: O,SX,N,NF,U,UF,DS
Manialink(s): metoxys

Post by metoxys » 29 Mar 2010 14:37

Hmmm....
Too bad...
But some TM achievements would be awesome^^
United TMX nickname: metoxys
Online login: metoxys
Manialink: metoxyscolor>

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 30 Mar 2010 14:41

metoxys wrote:Hmmm....
Too bad...
But some TM achievements would be awesome^^
Pff...well they can do that without exporting it to Micro$hit
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

osaka-san
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Like, all of them!:D

Post by osaka-san » 05 Apr 2010 15:06

Hey meto, i heard the ubi platform will have achievements :D
2 BEE OR NOT 2 BEE, THAT is the POSTER

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist

Post by metoxys » 07 Apr 2010 14:04

But Ubisoft sucks (DRM)...
Maybe....
I have an idea for an awesome hidden achievement (without showing the instructions before getting it):
Online or offline complete a track once without getting any medal and then get Author Medal in the next try immediately without having had it before.

meto

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 07 Apr 2010 15:37

osaka-san wrote:Hey meto, i heard the ubi platform will have achievements :D
So what your saying is we should have some stupid DRM that requires on-line authentication to play just because you can get achievement's...... ummm no i think not!!!!
Achievement are nothing special and there is no point in them , especially if the sever goes down, oh and that means you wont be able to play solo ether....... :roflol:
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by occam » 09 Apr 2010 12:35

It would be great, if TM2 would feature 'CTRL+C'
to copy the chat text into the windows clipboard.

Currently, i.e. in TM Forever, there are 28 lines one sees if one presses the key 'C'...
... it would open up a couple of possibilities if copying these 28 lines into the windows clipboard would be possible.

It already is possible to copy stuff into the chat from the windows clipboard with 'CTRL+V', but it only works oneway --> from the windows clipboard into the game client, not the other way round :- (, i asked many savvy Trackmaniacs but there seems to be no possibility with TMF on the client side to copy the text from the chat window into the windows clipboard.

If TM2 would provide such a feature it might come in handy on a number of occasions.

To be useful the game-client would have to copy the text in UTF-8 (Unicode format) into the windows clipboard, so information from non-latin alphabets will be transferred:
To copy Korean (Hangul), Japanese (Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana), Chinese (Simplified Chinese), Russian (Cyrillic),...might proof useful instantly...
...but even copying the obscurest alphabets might proof useful (not only to copy and paste nicknames^^).

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 12 Apr 2010 13:33

occam wrote: 
It would be great, if TM2 would feature 'CTRL+C'
to copy the chat text into the windows clipboard.

Currently, i.e. in TM Forever, there are 28 lines one sees if one presses the key 'C'...
... it would open up a couple of possibilities if copying these 28 lines into the windows clipboard would be possible.

It already is possible to copy stuff into the chat from the windows clipboard with 'CTRL+V', but it only works oneway --> from the windows clipboard into the game client, not the other way round :- (, i asked many savvy Trackmaniacs but there seems to be no possibility with TMF on the client side to copy the text from the chat window into the windows clipboard.

If TM2 would provide such a feature it might come in handy on a number of occasions.

To be useful the game-client would have to copy the text in UTF-8 (Unicode format) into the windows clipboard, so information from non-latin alphabets will be transferred:
To copy Korean (Hangul), Japanese (Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana), Chinese (Simplified Chinese), Russian (Cyrillic),...might proof useful instantly...
...but even copying the obscurest alphabets might proof useful (not only to copy and paste nicknames^^).

nice to see someone with a brain post here occam ^^ (other than the constant DRM flamers with no cell's in their head it seems, if only they pointed there anger in the right places they might actually be seen as "intelligent") ...

Good idea and the amount of times it would come in handy when someone types a pass in the chat, or a url without the $l to link ...

..this is only the second relalisticly good idea ive seen in this whole thread hehe. :thumbsup: (slight exaggeration incase someone decides to get offended lol)

+1 vote for copy and paste :D (hard to think this will be implimented later than apple .. being later than them to market is like .. HARD! :lol: )

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist

Post by metoxys » 12 Apr 2010 15:06

Hmm...
Make an ingame tab with $ text formatting functions for help...

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 12 Apr 2010 15:14

metoxys wrote:Hmm...
Make an ingame tab with $ text formatting functions for help...
Just ingame documentation would suffice (manialink version?) allthough i think many of these bits are covered in the "community section" allready maybe?

Cool idea tho, help tab or a nice manialink like smurf and fish did with the substyles etc. :thumbsup:

i wouldnt mind being able to personalize my font colour for in servers either , but i suppose thats more a job for xaseco, fast, aseco, tmgery, servermana etc (rather than type $f00 everytime for example) the goding itself is pretty simple, but being able to set say my team colour for any chat i do in any server would be cool ^^

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 13 Apr 2010 12:51

Well i ask again this dedicated function for the future:

OnCheckpoint add a new speed array.
I do an example directly for a php XML retrieve.
The dedicated get a players pass a check,
the dedicated send to the script the callback,
and we get...
$player->speed or $player[0]['Speed']
Now we can use it to get:
1)Max Speed Tables and Differences
2)Speed on Checkpoints
3)Speed on Finish
and is good also to discover the 1000km/h cheat.

I hope this can be done!!!
:lovetm

racemaster76
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMSX, TMN

Post by racemaster76 » 15 Apr 2010 10:10

otmb;ripbox wrote:
osaka-san wrote:Hey meto, i heard the ubi platform will have achievements :D
So what your saying is we should have some stupid DRM that requires on-line authentication to play just because you can get achievement's...... ummm no i think not!!!!
Achievement are nothing special and there is no point in them , especially if the sever goes down, oh and that means you wont be able to play solo ether....... :roflol:

Unless the achievements will give you coppers for doing so :roflol:
Hello and again welcome to the Crapeture Spyence Entwitchment Farm!

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by otmb;ripbox » 15 Apr 2010 11:17

racemaster76 wrote:Unless the achievements will give you coppers for doing so :roflol:
And what would happen when you have all achievements?? ummmmm yeah you wont be able to earn any more coppers unless your a modeler and place them threw mania links..... and then when everyone has spent their coppers it will just render your model useless until you post it for free and you still wont get any coppers.... and not everyone will be able to beat all the achievements so they wont be able to buy stuff......... hmmmmmm nope wont work :roflol:
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by otmb;ripbox » 17 Apr 2010 19:22

I think there is a spectacular feature we have overlooked and that is weather like rain and snow
Crusard made an excellent storm mod "StadiumStorm mod (+Rain MT FX!)" as posted here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6462

I think it will ad to the challenge to be battling threw tough weather conditions like rain, snow, mist and fog and maybe even sand storms, i do understand that this can put strain on lower end pc's & laptops and the media tracker maod is great but as some will not its not exactly ideal if the media tracker is slow or does not load

Maybe its an implementation to Mania script if it becomes a default feature placed by Nadeo with maybe the option to turn the weather on and off in settings????

Yes i know is an arcade game not a simulation but i think its a viable feature to be implemented on the challenge/difficulty level basis
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64

Alter-Fox
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMO TMS

Post by Alter-Fox » 18 Apr 2010 22:22

Waterfalls...
Friend and ally to cats of all stripes, whether I like it or not. :)
Check out my original music @ https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com or look for Vertigo Fox on soundcloud and in other places.