Features to Hope For...

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

kjc24
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMNF

Re: Features to Hope For...

Post by kjc24 » 25 Jan 2011 22:11

I'm sure many of you have played the game Portal, and it got me thinking about how much of a dynamic a "teleporter" would add to Trackmania.

Trackmania is a whacky game so it wouldn't exactly be out of place.

It would work the same way as the game Portal: when you walk up to a portal (or drive up to one), you can see what's on the other side before you enter it. The mapmaker in Trackmania would decide where the exist goes. It could be in mid air or anywhere on the other side of the track.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 01 Feb 2011 15:24

Mainly only good for RPG tracks, if that...highspeed tracks would have to have the portals at least making sense, and as we know with the tracks that have already been created, that's not always the case. This could just be one more way bad tracks could get screwed up.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

nicomoore0
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by nicomoore0 » 23 Feb 2011 05:03

All I wish for is a more simple way to add mods/music/everything else. The in-game map editor ain't all that simple to use. I'd personally like to see .mp3 being supported instead of .ogg/.mux and automatic locator file creation:

Do you want to add music: yes/no
Enter the URL of the stored music: http://www.yoururl.com/music.mp3
Do you want to add a mod: yes/no
Enter the URL of the stored mod: http://www.yoururl.com/mod.zip

Yes I know I put .mp3 in the "Enter URL for music" line but I know that it only currently supports .ogg/.mux.

How hard would it be for Nadeo/Ubisoft to add this simple, yet extremely effective feature?

I would also like to see FreeZone servers abolished as this is hurting people who go out and spend money on servers/hosting. Without people who do not play TrackMania regularly, servers may lose visitors. In effect, Less Visitors = Less Required Slots = Fewer Servers = Even Fewer Trackmania Users.

I own a few of the Trackmania games so the FreeZone rule does not apply to me but as a server administrator, I have noticed the effect this terrible idea from Nadeo is having. If you look at my sig you will see my server is only 16 slot with 8 spec, on my old SERVERS it was 40 racers, 40 spec and 120 racers, 80 spec. We filled our SERVERS very often, now we've been forced to downscale because Nadeo have introduced the new rules on freegamers. 2 servers = 160 racers and 120 spec slots, don't you find this a little strange? Money was not the issue, it was purely down to the fact we have seen less traffic since the new rules came into force!

If Nadeo wanted to make a bit more cash why don't they ever complete the development of shootmania, questmania etc? Those we're advertised on our screens for some time, and custom loadscreens were taken over by these games that never came to exist.

I am an avid trackmaniac but Nadeo are forcing me out the door, the only reason I still play the game is because I want to keep my clan members happy, so they always have a server to play on. Thanks Nadeo for slowing killing off my interest in Trackmania.
C®AżΨ αηηιнιllαтσя ッ
We Are Crazy server <<-- Click to join
Server Location
United Kingdom -> England -> London

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 23 Feb 2011 07:57

@TM2 related discussion
nicomoore0 wrote: I would also like to see FreeZone servers abolished as this is hurting people who go out and spend money on servers/hosting. Without people who do not play TrackMania regularly, servers may lose visitors. In effect, Less Visitors = Less Required Slots = Fewer Servers = Even Fewer Trackmania Users.
As far is a i think, the freezone servers are only for tmnf and have nothing to do with TM2, because TM2 will be a game where you have to pay for.

@off topic
nicomoore0 wrote: If Nadeo wanted to make a bit more cash why don't they ever complete the development of shootmania, questmania etc? Those we're advertised on our screens for some time, and custom loadscreens were taken over by these games that never came to exist.
Again, this is not the point, because they are still in development and will come after TM2 (if you have read the maniaplanet forum). And one question about economics. Do you see a sense in selling new stuff to pay for old stuff, instead of selling new stuff and don't paying for old stuff (e.g. shutting down tmnf completely?). So be happy that tmnf is still running.
If you wanne flame more about freezone servers, go into this thread.

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): gn

Post by xis101 » 23 Feb 2011 08:49

The reason why mp3 isn´t supported is propably because you need a license to use it. And this would cost additional money. I see no problem to convert files to ogg.

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 11 Mar 2011 11:16

1) In the profile, a way to tell if you are male or female, so for example now is "Player X equaled his/her local record", his/her would be replaced by his if male, her if female

2) milliseconds in time

3) A solo ban for Official mode cheaters (IF official mode will exist)

4) Achievements (like in TMWii)

5) Game mods: Race Stunts Plattform Puzzle and Crazy Mode

6) Some hidden bonus tracks^^

7) [Editor: Stadium] Tunnels, make hills of grass, trees and not those snowy trees and cactuses, road inside hills

8〗 [Editor: Rally] checkpoints underwater (If rally will even be in TM2)

9) [Editor: ALL] NO 100/150/200% boosts

10) and I hope things of TMU like envimix and background mix will be possible

Fastlex600
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMDS TMT

Post by Fastlex600 » 28 Mar 2011 17:51

a simple 3d car editor like a drag and drop car editor.
like replacing the the spoiler (ect)
on default cars like these :bay :coast :island

nicomoore0
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by nicomoore0 » 29 Mar 2011 07:38

nicomoore0 wrote: If Nadeo wanted to make a bit more cash why don't they ever complete the development of shootmania, questmania etc? Those we're advertised on our screens for some time, and custom loadscreens were taken over by these games that never came to exist.
Again, this is not the point, because they are still in development and will come after TM2 (if you have read the maniaplanet forum). And one question about economics. Do you see a sense in selling new stuff to pay for old stuff, instead of selling new stuff and don't paying for old stuff (e.g. shutting down tmnf completely?). So be happy that tmnf is still running.
If you wanne flame more about freezone servers, go into this thread.
But why did we have it plaguing our screens for months about 2 years ago? I overwrote any loadscreens we had.
C®AżΨ αηηιнιllαтσя ッ
We Are Crazy server <<-- Click to join
Server Location
United Kingdom -> England -> London

Alter-Fox
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMO TMS

Post by Alter-Fox » 05 Apr 2011 16:46

Trackmania_Infinity wrote:I have three ideas:

1. A in-game scenery editor so that you can make more detailed changes to trees, bales of hay, houses, skyscrapers, etc.
I'd love to have this instead of the random blocks that you have to place and delete a hundred times to get them the way you want (like the coastal Rocks and Trees on island).
Friend and ally to cats of all stripes, whether I like it or not. :)
Check out my original music @ https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com or look for Vertigo Fox on soundcloud and in other places.

isidor3
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by isidor3 » 24 Jun 2011 17:30

Ability to alter car physics, different tracks could have cars that perform differently.

TheKitsune
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by TheKitsune » 26 Jun 2011 16:13

There are a lot of things i'd like to see in TM2 in pretty much every aspect of the game...

Solo-

1. No coppers for Official times. The people with the most coppers win as of right now, and i hate not being able to post a time because i don't have enough fake currency. Coppers should be non-existent. It would make the game more fair.

2. As Enryx said, times should be down to the millisecond. Its only 1 more digit and if games like Mario Kart Wii can support it, i'm sure TM2 can. This would significantly reduce the rate of ties in game.

3. 8 Environments to start, all the current ones and Canyon of course. (Dont get rid of snow! ><)

4. Leaderboards that not only update more frequently but the ability to add more groups and browse gorups you aren't a part of. (Ex, Living in Colorado and want to compare myself to California, or living in USA and comparing to Germany.)

5. More tracks added relatively often. I liked the star campaign a lot, and i think that a feature that allowed Nadeo to create a "Player" Campaign for the best tracks on TMX would be awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITOR -

1. Editor should have more pieces and these pieces should fit together easier.

2. Editor should have an improved MT function that is easier to work with (For the newbies) and has more functions.

3. 100-200% boosters should be eliminated and there should be a more dynamic array of pieces that have Start/CP/Finish properties, like finish loops and maybe checkpoint pads? (Where you must land on the tile rather than fly through it, just an idea)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MULTIPLAYER -

1. Servers should be at least as easy to host. (Please dont make it MORE complicated)

2. Servers should have their own record database, as opposed to a Dedimania system that is third party.

3. The idea of "Server Brackets" like 80,000-100,000 LP should be changed. You should get points for beating players that are better than or equal to your ladder rank, and a very very small amount for players ranked below you. Maybe its only a problem for me, but all the servers that are high lvl have most of the traffic. Getting points no matter where you play would allow players to rank up on their favorite tracks. Servers should still be able to have minimum requirements, like "At least 50,000 LP" if they want to have more professional competition, but there shouldnt be a point where you cap out on LP.

4. There should be a group ranking system for comparing records online (LP and actual track records). Maybe its just me, but i enjoy lots of competition among my peers.

That should do it...lol...not too much to ask right? :p